A.k.a. Greenybeanymeany Grow #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol so have I. I've been reading up on dwc, and I can't wait to give it a go. It will be nice have more control!

And there are a few leaves that won't get off of the soil, how should I go about getting them off of it?

It felt pretty dry in there and I noticed watching my humidity, and the weight, on top of sticking my finger about an inch in seems to be all pretty accurate on telling if its dry. Humidity usually gets down to about 20% or a little lower in there and it starts to feel light as a feather. But I guess if that's how it looked before I flushed, then I must havejudged wrong.

And I really wish I would've, I didn't think about it.

Sure, you can snip off all the dead under the "main" canopy. 4 leaves or so right? Maybe 6? You can half cut ("tip") the ones that are mostly green but burnt on the ends. Basically, when they are veggin' you can run a damn lawn mower over them and .. yep.. no problems lol. You really can't "stress" the plant to the point of hurting it. But, whatever things you do to "stress" it (in literal speak) will only slow the processes down. If you were to stress a plant 3-4 weeks into flowering, then it slows processes down and that's when you DON'T want them to slow. That's why you do all trimming in veg, and the first 2 weeks of flowering. :aok:

Sure, you can snip off all the dead under the "main" canopy. 4 leaves or so right? Maybe 6? You can half cut ("tip") the ones that are mostly green but burnt on the ends. Basically, when they are veggin' you can run a damn lawn mower over them and .. yep.. no problems lol. You really can't "stress" the plant to the point of hurting it. But, whatever things you do to "stress" it (in literal speak) will only slow the processes down. If you were to stress a plant 3-4 weeks into flowering, then it slows processes down and that's when you DON'T want them to slow. That's why you do all trimming in veg, and the first 2 weeks of flowering. :aok:
Awesome. That's what I was thinking. And I almost did that anyways, I just didnt wanna stress it too bad. Lol.

I was really going for the FIM. But its probably just topped. I was going off of pictures on google, but some would say fim and others would say top, not sure if there's much of a difference. But oh well.

The second picture should show it better. Its kinda hard to work my camera at a good angle to see, hopefully you can zoom in on it.

And I wouldn't mind slowing growth down some anyways, it just buys me time on getting the tent. Which I will have ordered this week or next. I'm in a trial period on amazon prime so I'd like to get it before my trial is up, and make use of the free 2 day shipping while I can.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428451049376.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428451071197.jpg

Im tempted to go nuts on topping, especially since I'm gonna only have one plant in that tent lol. Might as well max it out

Go ahead and top each "main branch" .. what do you have 3 mains? This will make 6.. after this leave it alone, and just clean up the lower canopy before you put it into flowering.

Get the darn tent asap maaaaannnn! :aok:

Tops look fine.. clawing a little bit, but that's due to probably 5+ things LOL.

Mostly soil.. screw soil (tee hee) :D

Oh, I am getting on the tent. That's the next item on my list.

And yep, 3 for Now. I'll do that tonight.

What do you think the clawing is all due to? I noticed that too, but I wasn't sure if I should be concerned.

Of course you should.. but I always SUCKED at identifying issues in soil. I'm not really as much of help :( I find hydro so much easier honestly.

Ah i see. Oh well, I'll just search it. Its gonna be on here somewhere lol.

i think the clawing is related to low PH and or high N. i would flush with 1/2 strength and dolomite lime

Alright, I may or may not have went crazy with my snippers. I felt like chopping away a bit more than I did.

I went ahead and topped the others and brought the one I did last night down a little farther too, hopefully that should even things out. I'm ordering my tent tonight. So I'm gonna let it bush up in there while I work on my lighting situation.

After that, I will probably be ordering a few dwc buckets. Should I go 10" or 6"? Not sure if it matters, it looks like everyone's using the 6" that I've seen. Just wanting to figure this stuff up for next round [emoji6]

Alright a few pictures of my work before going to bed. My finger isn't pointing at anything in particular.

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428507294328.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428507313075.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428507346110.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428507385011.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428507420685.jpg

You did a fine job lad :aok:

Also...

I'm ordering my tent tonight.

Yes!! Stick to the plan! :D :aok:

After that, I will probably be ordering a few dwc buckets. Should I go 10" or 6"? Not sure if it matters, it looks like everyone's using the 6" that I've seen. Just wanting to figure this stuff up for next round

Ordering buckets? Why not make your own? You saw my DIY right? Also, I prefer 10" but anything 6" and larger is just fine. Also, if you do buy buckets or something I highly suggest something larger than 5gal unless you're able to attach the 5gal to an external res.

:aok:

Awesome!

And roger that captain.

Deep Water Culture (DWC) Hydroponic Bucket Kit 5 Gallon, 6" Pot Lid by PowerGrow ® Systems https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHEIO6Y/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

The 10 is like 5-6$ more. Really wasn't sure what to use. I just figured that the cash saved going diy wouldn't be worth the headache it would be for me lmao. I'd probably have major water leaks lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back