A.k.a. Greenybeanymeany Grow #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that is good for me lol.

And no, I started without a meter like an idiot. I'm going to order one this this week.

And it looks like nute burn, but its spreading. So that kinda worries me that it is just the soil

I can not wait.. till you get on a medium we've recommended, with a strain / light / method / etc etc etc all recommended... now that you have the means and ability and are not just a total youngin' noob, you can actually do this. You're doing decent things, and I surely see the dedication and absolute "will" to do this. You'll knock it out of the park soon, even if it's not with this plant! :aok:

I can not wait.. till you get on a medium we've recommended, with a strain / light / method / etc etc etc all recommended... now that you have the means and ability and are not just a total youngin' noob, you can actually do this. You're doing decent things, and I surely see the dedication and absolute "will" to do this. You'll knock it out of the park soon, even if it's not with this plant! :aok:
Thanks man. I can't wait myself. Lol. I'm all about that plant to the point it makes my wife angry hehe

Yeah, I really think my wife felt the exact same in the start of it all. I quite literally spent ALL day researching till my eyes bled!

You have that same passion, so let's capitalize on that!

Why not drill a hole and put an exhaust fan in your cabin. Those Temps are crazy high you will have very loose buds.
Positive vibes bro

Yeah, I really think my wife felt the exact same in the start of it all. I quite literally spent ALL day researching till my eyes bled!

You have that same passion, so let's capitalize on that!
Lol. Shell change her tune, if its a female and she sees the buds coming in;)

And nope. Fighting heat with the few lights and height I'm working with now

ya i can agree the the wife factor. it was good before the overdose of light probably to much to fast i hate dirt started there finished there water water water i don't care i just don't like dirt any more unless in my yard i got 2 strong fem 2 footers atm that i may go to the dirt with those 2 but od.
they can hit 800grams od i seen em od last year i believe it

i use a cheap ph pen like 9 $ on ebay have used it since i started always buy new ones old ones never out of calibration i run a 55 gal res and every time i get a new one it reads samea s old one

it was good before the overdose of light probably to much to fast

Not sure if it was so much the amount of light, but the lack of being able to keep it cool enough with the added lights.

And yeah. I'd like to try going the hydro way, but it seems so complex compared to soil. Lol. I'm honestly intimidated by it, I think I should have a few good runs on soil before stepping up my game to soilless growing. I do intend to study on it.

I'm going to cut an exhaust hole somewhere in the back, not sure if I should at light level or higher, and take my 6 inch fan out from the top and mount it to the outside of the hole. I've been reading on venting small boxes and I think that will work wonders. If it doesn't drop the temp enough for me to add my other light, then I am going to add in more passive air intakes. I'm also going to add some frozen bottles inside for the time being. I can't wait to set up a tent.

It will survive, the top portions look great. The yellow will never green back up, just let the plant use the rest of what's in those leaves, and when they look absolutely horrible, just cut em off. Obviously your rusting and yellowing is going to happen more so from the bottom up, so you'll be good.

Also;

but it seems so complex compared to soil. Lol. I'm honestly intimidated by it

This was exactly ME at first! But you see, unless you REALLY get it down, soil is horrible in my honest opinion. 99% of people on here that have deficiency and general issues are all SOIL!! It's hilarious kinda, after you go hydro and see all the problem threads pop up here on the forum...take note of the medium. You almost never seen anyone having an issue with hydro!! I've been here only 2 years, but in all those years, that's 99.9% the way it has been.

It takes much longer for issues to show themselves in soil AND to get fixed.. but in hydro, issues show faster and fix MUCH faster!!

So sure, it intimidated me after thinking soil was so easy. But, once you have a problem in soil, it takes a lot longer to fix it. But if you have a problem in hydro, it's as easy as PHing or changing your nutrients entirely. That doesn't often happen. As long as you mix your nutes correctly, and have a GOOD QUALITY (not cheap) PH Pen, and keep your PH between 5.7 - 6.3 you will have the time of your life. You will see explosive growth like you've never seen before.... and besides, with the amount you're screwing up (no offense) it's not like trying it hydro over soil is going to be any harder on you!! hahaha

But, it's impossible to do in your tiny a.s.s. setup :rofl:

Now, I'm not telling you to change.. sure, let's get this soil run out of the way if you feel you need to. :aok:

It will survive, the top portions look great. The yellow will never green back up, just let the plant use the rest of what's in those leaves, and when they look absolutely horrible, just cut em off. Obviously your rusting and yellowing is going to happen more so from the bottom up, so you'll be good.

Well that's a breath of fresh air, but I have a really strong feeling that I am going to end up going through all this for it to be a male... I really hope not. Lol

I
This was exactly ME at first! But you see, unless you REALLY get it down, soil is horrible in my honest opinion. 99% of people on here that have deficiency and general issues are all SOIL!! It's hilarious kinda, after you go hydro and see all the problem threads pop up here on the forum...take note of the medium. You almost never seen anyone having an issue with hydro!! I've been here only 2 years, but in all those years, that's 99.9% the way it has been.

It takes much longer for issues to show themselves in soil AND to get fixed.. but in hydro, issues show faster and fix MUCH faster!!

I know I can't argue with anyone results when it comes to hydro, and I've been doing some reading on it, and it does seem like keeping plants stable would be a hell of a lot easier. I'm sure I'll go for it soon, not with this one though. It started in soil, and might as well stay that way.

.... and besides, with the amount you're screwing up (no offense) it's not like trying it hydro over soil is going to be any harder on you!! hahaha
Now I am just down right offended! Lmao... Really, that couldn't be any more true. Haha.

I think its more so the setup that confuses me, and how it even works. I need to research more into hydro, I know I'd much rather go that route.

And I totally spaced the fact that I have a lockable shed outside with outlets in it.... Hmmmm.... I might not need to be quite as stealthy.. A grow tent might just be a great idea In there, I was debating on turning it into a man cave. Maybe I can do both. But temperature with summer coming up, could be an issue. I have a window unit a/c that isn't in use, but idk how well it would work without a window.

Well that's a breath of fresh air, but I have a really strong feeling that I am going to end up going through all this for it to be a male... I really hope not. Lol

....mother of god, that would suck... :rofl:

I know I can't argue with anyone results when it comes to hydro, and I've been doing some reading on it, and it does seem like keeping plants stable would be a hell of a lot easier. I'm sure I'll go for it soon, not with this one though. It started in soil, and might as well stay that way.
I think its more so the setup that confuses me, and how it even works. I need to research more into hydro, I know I'd much rather go that route.

Yep.. it's easy. I'd recommend DWC for you, and it's just a container with solution in it, bubbling. You make sure the #'s in the container are good everyday... when the level of solution gets low, you add more. It's so freaking easy. I mean, you have to learn how to mix nutes no matter what medium you use! :) But yeah, container bubbles, roots search... roots start jetting out of bottom, then IT'S ON!!! The roots start to fill the container. Check numbers, keep solution up.. watch the crazy show begin...it really is that easy!!!! :D I was super intimidated when I first started Hydro from a couple runs of doing soil. Best damn decision I ever made!

And I totally spaced the fact that I have a lockable shed outside with outlets in it.... Hmmmm.... I might not need to be quite as stealthy.. A grow tent might just be a great idea In there, I was debating on turning it into a man cave. Maybe I can do both. But temperature with summer coming up, could be an issue. I have a window unit a/c that isn't in use, but idk how well it would work without a window.

Ooooo you have a lockable shed?! Mrs Rosebud uses a shed!! :D Heck, how big is it? Can you clean it out and make a usable space? You may not need the tent!! :D Or better yet, you should get one anyways lol! It would be a man cave if it were a grow cave! :D

Too bad you couldn't cut a hole in the shed to install the A/C unit. Also, I think there's portable ones out there. Window A/C units do not work unless you can hook them up properly (exhaust)

Sounds like potential is opening up for you all over the place. How is your outside environment as far as people? Are you near neighbors? Are your Northern US, Central, Southern? ...if I could have the general idea so I could consider RH levels and temps etc. :)

....mother of god, that would suck... :rofl:

Oh yes, it certainly would, but I guess that's the big risk you take trying to grow one at a time haha.

Yep.. it's easy. I'd recommend DWC for you, and it's just a container with solution in it, bubbling. You make sure the #'s in the container are good everyday... when the level of solution gets low, you add more. It's so freaking easy. I mean, you have to learn how to mix nutes no matter what medium you use! :) But yeah, container bubbles, roots search... roots start jetting out of bottom, then IT'S ON!!! The roots start to fill the container. Check numbers, keep solution up.. watch the crazy show begin...it really is that easy!!!! :D I was super intimidated when I first started Hydro from a couple runs of doing soil. Best damn decision I ever made!

Dwc.. Got it! I'll read on that pretty hard. The idea of it makes my mouth water[emoji1]

Ooooo you have a lockable shed?! Mrs Rosebud uses a shed!! :D Heck, how big is it? Can you clean it out and make a usable space? You may not need the tent!! :D Or better yet, you should get one anyways lol! It would be a man cave if it were a grow cave! :D

Too bad you couldn't cut a hole in the shed to install the A/C unit. Also, I think there's portable ones out there. Window A/C units do not work unless you can hook them up properly (exhaust)

Sounds like potential is opening up for you all over the place. How is your outside environment as far as people? Are you near neighbors? Are your Northern US, Central, Southern? ...if I could have the general idea so I could consider RH levels and temps etc. :)

A man cave/grow cave would be incredible. I would definitely do it in a tent inside there.

It probably isn't possible or wouldn't be smart of me. The shed is like 5-10 feet at best from my neighbors shed.. I think they smoke, so that may not be an issue. I live in the Midwest, not fully sure how smart it would be to announce my state openly, so I will just send that in a message to you. Creating grow journals, and being very helpful when it comes to helping someone grow, just doesn't seem like cop behavior lol.

But yep I live off of one of the busier streets in my town, and there's an abandoned house behind mine and a set of doubles next to it. In a smaller town, I certainly wouldn't call it a city. But people are constantly walking up and down the road, and we live around a quarter of a mile from where the towns methheads are always getting busted.

Shed size.. I am not sure. I could clean it up for sure, but I can't do anything that will be damaging as I am renting.

Seems like a standard wooden shed. Maybe 15-20' in length and its a square shaped. Barn style front doors. A second level for storage and it has a temperature control thing in it with a fan looking thing in it, but I am not sure if that even works.. It sure would be cool if it did. I go fiddle out there sometime soon.

Oh yes, it certainly would, but I guess that's the big risk you take trying to grow one at a time haha.

When I used seeds, I grew pretty much only FEM seeds. Don't mess around too much with regs.

Dwc.. Got it! I'll read on that pretty hard. The idea of it makes my mouth water

Hah! Yeah, it's quite simple of a way to do hydro. And I'd help you step by step for sure :)

Here's your first step. This is my DIY on an 18gal DWC system. I just made this the other day:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71126

A man cave/grow cave would be incredible. I would definitely do it in a tent inside there.

It probably isn't possible or wouldn't be smart of me. The shed is like 5-10 feet at best from my neighbors shed.. I think they smoke, so that may not be an issue. I live in the Midwest, not fully sure how smart it would be to announce my state openly, so I will just send that in a message to you. Creating grow journals, and being very helpful when it comes to helping someone grow, just doesn't seem like cop behavior lol.

But yep I live off of one of the busier streets in my town, and there's an abandoned house behind mine and a set of doubles next to it. In a smaller town, I certainly wouldn't call it a city. But people are constantly walking up and down the road, and we live around a quarter of a mile from where the towns methheads are always getting busted.

Shed size.. I am not sure. I could clean it up for sure, but I can't do anything that will be damaging as I am renting.

Seems like a standard wooden shed. Maybe 15-20' in length and its a square shaped. Barn style front doors. A second level for storage and it has a temperature control thing in it with a fan looking thing in it, but I am not sure if that even works.. It sure would be cool if it did. I go fiddle out there sometime soon.

Excellent on the man cave. My room is phenomenal, so I can not complain!! :) Hopefully your neighbors smoke, so they don't get any random smells hahha. Also, you do not have to say state openly!! Midwest is a perfect idea for us to know how to help you best! :aok:
And yeah... no... not a cop. :ROFL:
Lots of people made valid points about forums and l.e.o. They aren't stalking these pages to see someone like you putting up a tent and say "LET'S GO GET THAT GUY".. just doesn't happen. That's thouuuusands of dollars wasted for them etc etc.. :)
Yikes.. be careful with the methheads and all. Hopefully bums aren't posting up in the house behind you that is abandoned! :p
Does the landlord ever go into the shed?
Ohhh, a nifty exhaust fan for your shed? Excellent, check it out!!!! :D

Oh Doc, lets not kick the o'l dirt pharmers around :)....I was very successful in dirt for over a decade. Here is a picture of the worst run I had in dirt. Now it's true hydro just blew every dirt grow out of the water I did, but I sure learned a bunch in dirt and I really believe it was the key to my success in water on my first run. I really believe that if you just do an basic grow in dirt once....not doing anything fancey, just going through the growth stages of the plant, it will give you a leg up in hydro....Don't get me wrong I'm 100% sold on hydro, but in dirt if you get the right soil you only need to feed once in veg and then once a week in flower. It's really easy to lay out a dirt grow for a new or newer grower and let them see success, rather than throwing them into hydro when they have never made it to the cure before. JMHO. Doc knows what he's talking about, if your going to go hydro then HP, DGF or Pj are the people you want to listen too, they are good and all veterans of hydro, plus they have many years of experience and will simply tell you what works and what will not, makes a grow easy. I have been watching Schoolboy and I can see your passion, but at some time your gonna have to get the right tools or your just not going to be a successful as you want to be. Keep plugging along and green mojo for your grow. :)

Indeed Kraven :aok:

....and I was watering or feeding my soil every day... 12 pots, in each tent, two tents... 24 pots. A total pain in the sack. lol

I honestly think someone, with the right knowledge and day to day help, could go from not even knowing what a thumb was, to having a keen green thumb quickly, with Hydro :D Abbbbbsoooolutely with Soil, that's a given, I just still think if you teach em once they learn.. regardless of method for first teachings.

So yeah, I do agree with what you're saying.. overall, go for a soil run to start, but with us around... Hydro could be nailed first run IMHO :D :aok:

I know kraven, I definitely gotta up my game :) and thanks for the green mojo.

I do want to give hydro a good run next grow.

And I don't think anyone is, its pretty well maintained. Some airplane part warehouse bought it and just left it empty. They have people now every now and then. Its kinda weird In my book. I imagine a secret bunker underneath it lol. Just my stoned imagination though.

And I WILL be reading that tonight when I get off work. I'm looking at about 4 hrs of sleep if I go to sleep now lol, or I would read it now. And no the landlord has no reason to haha.

And makes sense, it would be too much of a hassle to go through all it would take to nail forum growers.

And I do plan on ordering feminized seeds. I almost did the other night, but I knew I'd lose em before I had a chance to plant them lmao.

Latest posts

Back