A.k.a. Greenybeanymeany Grow #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's some controversy over fem's between green thumbs... I'm all for them though :aok: Especially from a reputable breeder!

Now go to bed!! lol :)

i just tried regular seeds for the first time and wound up with 2 boys and one girl. not a very good vote of confidence for regulars. i had grown feminized seeds before with, yup, only females. in the future i will probably stick with feminized...

One run with regs; 9 of 12 were female
Another run with em; 2 of 10 were female

hah :D

I don't see what could be wrong going feminized, unless they just charged more and called them feminized when they weren't.

Whew 2 out of 10. That would be major disappointment!

Fogey, I believe those were my odds my first grow too.. If my memory serves me well lol. But I could've had 4 of em and probably still wouldn't have pulled 12g's then hahaha

Does spring water need to be out 24-48 hrs the same as water out of the tap?

If I were to pick some gallon jugs would I need to leave them open for a few days?

no but it still need to be checked for ppm. they let it sit for a day to let chlorine evaporate. i have a supply res for the entire building where i am and water sits there anyway, so i don't have to do that out of the tap.

0-200 I guess. mine is 240, no problems with it

Mine is 33 - 35 ppm's, holding strong over the last 2 years :D

I'm lucky with my water, and my land.
Also, it depends what your ppm's are being made up of, if it's going to hurt.

Ah, alright. Gives me a better idea of what water to go for. I need to get a meter

Mine is 33 - 35 ppm's, holding strong over the last 2 years :D

I'm lucky with my water, and my land.
Also, it depends what your ppm's are being made up of, if it's going to hurt.
Nice!

Although, I need to research ppms and I believe ec, and all this stuff I'm really not sure I've ever heard talked about until this grow journal!

PPM = Parts Per Million
EC = Electric Conductivity

Some say it's "tit for tat" on which you choose, just whichever you get used to ends up being the one you talk shop about to others. My suggestion is PPM. It's more relatable to more growers (more growers seem to use PPM over EC) and I do believe it can get more precise than EC.

Now, from what I've read, you can't really go wrong with either, but IMO... go for PPM meter.

Here's the two meters I use:

Bluelabs PH Pen (Don't cheap out on PH unit when doing hydro!!!!!!!)
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-pH-Pen-Measuring-Temperature/dp/B005POOJHG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428146601&sr=8-2&keywords=Bluelab+PH[/ame]

Primo PPM Pen
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Instruments-PRIMO2-Batteries-Resolution/dp/B0085WOMG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428146638&sr=8-1&keywords=Primo+PPM[/ame]

:aok:

PPM = Parts Per Million
EC = Electric Conductivity

Some say it's "tit for tat" on which you choose, just whichever you get used to ends up being the one you talk shop about to others. My suggestion is PPM. It's more relatable to more growers (more growers seem to use PPM over EC) and I do believe it can get more precise than EC.

Now, from what I've read, you can't really go wrong with either, but IMO... go for PPM meter.

Here's the two meters I use:

Bluelabs PH Pen (Don't cheap out on PH unit when doing hydro!!!!!!!)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005POOJHG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Primo PPM Pen
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085WOMG8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

:aok:
That comment went great with my google search, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. I like those odds, and the price lol

Good news, pH and a TDS meter will be in tomorrow. I bought more jugs and gave her a good flushing yesterday to take care of the nute burn.. I wasn't using near enough water before. And I just went ahead and topped the tallest stalk. That part won't be in the pictures, I just did that and the pictures I have are from about 8 hrs ago. I'll post pictures of that in just a little bit, currently on the go.

I'm debating on going ahead and removing some of the more burnt up leaves to allow more light on the others, but I'm unsure of if it will be too much stress, I was nervous about topping the highest stalk but I went ahead anyways.

If I do trim the burnt up leaves, should remove the whole leaf or just the hopeless parts of the leaves

Well here it is..

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428429420880.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428429649507.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428429706693.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428429778887.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428429806557.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1428429845596.jpg

I have done way worse to things in veg lol. I'd just leave the leaves maybe later cut em off no need for additional stress at this point in cutting them for no real benefit they need all the leaves they can get under those lights to grow. Maybe try to get them off the dirt tho. I see you said 8 hours ago and you flushed, so that said they look like they are full of water if you look at the leaves they look puffy in between the lines. defiantly let the soil dry out the right way weight the pot if u can otherwise go by the how heavy does it feel method. All in all I think they will be ok, it's amazing how much they can take and still produce for you as long as you make the adjustments. to bad you didnt keep any of the old run off from b4 the flush or even the flush or did you? just to get a reading on the ppms and ph of what came out.

Latest posts

Back