a S.A.G.E. in thyme

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanehduhbuz

Reaction score
:) hello everybody + welcome to my grow. this is going to be my bestest grow ever (can't hurt to hope), since my previous attempts all left something to be desired. however, this time i have (hopefully) corrected ventilation + nutritional problems + will be able to take this to the next level. anyways - last year i obtained my beans - grew them (same as all the others), seeded a branch + now have a supply of seeds + do not have to worry about screwing up + losing the strain, soooo, oct.28 - i chose 20 seeds of S.A.G.E. ( a very hi quality sativa ), some of the best tasting + smelling bud i've ever smoked + if i can get this grow to produce properly - i will be 1 very happy camper.:hubba: when i start out with a limited amout of seed, i take great care in making sure everything is as sterile/clean as possible (seeds cost a lot + u don't get that many that u want to lose any just starting), however when i have lots of seeds, i do become a lot lazier + do not care as much about cleanliness - just start some more seeds.

using distilled h2o, paper towel, heating pad, we begin. since everyone nos how to germinate using this method we shall skip this part, except to say that since i was sloppy + lazy germinating them, i had to change the paper towel 3 times (in 3 days) because the bag was starting to smell funny + the paper towels were all contaminated with dirt + stuff (as i said - lots of seeds - sloppy work habits, newly bought + paid for seeds - much more care taken). 24 hours since starting, a seed had opened + a root formed so i potted it, + within 3 days 10 seeds were in soil + 6 more were showing a root in the paper towels so i put all (root showing or not) into individual 4" containers. (1 seed was sitting in a puddle of h2o + was so waterlogged that it died off. now not wanting to short change myself, i put another dozen seeds or so directly into soil along side the seeds that were also started - then when everything appeared i cut out the smallest seedings + as a result have now 24 boys + girls growing - another large, wonderful, young, happy family.:D

P1000846.JPG

P1000849.JPG

P1000871.JPG

P1000874.JPG

That's a very good description of your process man. Good luck on your grow!

great stuff! eager to hear how the story unfolds... lol

:watchplant: :spit: :dancing: :cool2:

from 28 oct. till 5 nov. counts as my germination period. the following pics i took on the 7th 8th + 9th. ;) (days 1/2/3/ as seedlings - in 4" pots. lites r on 24/7 + fans r on timers 3 hours on/off.:p i rotate the plants around, daily,(directly in front of the fans) so that all share equally the drying effects of the constant breeze. day 2 is the 1st drink of nutes 4 all. :D

P1000878.JPG

P1000879.JPG

P1000880.JPG

P1000885.JPG

P1000886.JPG

P1000930.JPG

P1000932.JPG

P1000933.JPG

nice... but... couple of comments... I hope when you said you rotate the air circulation around the crop, you meant you just move the fans around, and not the plants... it doesn't make that big a difference now in the veg stage, but it most definitly does in the flowering stage... what I mean is, every time you handle one of the little girls - by moving it around - you are making it experience the equivalent of an earthquake. this shocks the plant. only move the fans around to redirect where the airflow occurs.

and don't have the plants directly in the "line of fire" of the fans (tropical storm for an analogy). you only want redirected airflow going over the plants... less energy spilled over the plant in the form of wind power.

but overall... NICE :woohoo:

just my thoughts.

day 7 - seedling stage/pics. gave everybody (as always) the same drink of nutes. because i am following a specific menu of ingredients, i am going to track + record my ph + nute levels, not that it matters. the menu (of oz) says to ignore those readings on those meters + to trust me, soooo were off to follow the yellow brick road.:rolleyes:

P1000942.JPG

P1000944.JPG

P1000954.JPG

P1000958.JPG

P1000959.JPG

P1000960.JPG

P1000964.JPG

oh ya.... someth'n else too... I think you wanna have your lights on a suspended system too. that'd be the cheapest and easiest way to go about it. get a foot or two of tiger-chain and screw it into the middle of the top and put a hook on the back of the light fixtures. walla. you might need to add some blocking to where you attatch the chain to the box, tho.

this way... you could drop your lights down closer to the children, as I think you should.

are you going to LST them?... cuz yer gunna run out of room there, really fast.... unless you are planning on taking a bunch out? (males, mothers, etc...)

day 10 - made my 1st big mistake :eek: checked on the roots + looked pretty good. got to doing things, next thing i no i've transplanted 1/2 of them into larger 8" containers - oops! go smoke another - what to do - continue, or leave 1/2 as is, or move them back into smaller pots? what 2 do 2 do 2 do? anyways - i went + put them all into larger containers.:eek:

P1000983.JPG

P1000986.JPG

P1000993.JPG

P1000998.JPG

kanehduhbuz said:
day 10 - made my 1st big mistake :eek: checked on the roots + looked pretty good. got to doing things, next thing i no i've transplanted 1/2 of them into larger 8" containers - oops! go smoke another - what to do - continue, or leave 1/2 as is, or move them back into smaller pots? what 2 do 2 do 2 do? anyways - i went + put them all into larger containers.:eek:

lol... u got too much time on yer hands, my friend :D way to keep busy :watchplant: :joint4: :bong2: :ciao:

today - day 11 - (plants have now passed from seedling into veg life).:p not 100% sure how long i want 2 veg - (do not want to keep a mother - next grow will use other strains), sooo - took these pics - since i always seem to overbuild/buy when doing projects, i am able to move 1/2 the pots to another level of liting, allowing lots + lots of flor. lite 4 all. :p also, not sure when 2 put them under hps liting? :rolleyes: a bit to early right now - i do believe. no plants have been hurt in the making of this grow.:ignore:

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010024.JPG

hello + welcome to day 16 veg. :) today, i changed liting, going from flor. to a 1k hps. these pics show before + after feeding time.:D

P1010027.JPG

P1010048.JPG

P1010062.JPG

P1010065.JPG

P1010069.JPG

P1010073.JPG

P1010075.JPG

P1010076.JPG

P1010078.JPG

What are the two balls I see on the top of the upside down pot in the middle?

kanehduhbuz said:
hello + welcome to day 16 veg. :) today, i changed liting, going from flor. to a 1k hps. these pics show before + after feeding time.:D

That's a nice looking family you have there kanehduhbuz.

Are you going to keep only females this time or are you going to seed again on some?

MrPuffAlot said:
What are the two balls I see on the top of the upside down pot in the middle?
Temp/humidity gauges?

Very nice mate,there getting bushy:cool:

Latest posts

Back