A Talk about "Hippies"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first real music I ever got my hands on (aside from Mickey Mouse Club) was a Black Sabbath 8 track from my neighbor. I wore it out before I turned 9. Yup. An original speaker lizard here, and imperfect hearing to prove it..

SPEARCHUCKER said:
I think of hippie males as bums and cowards.
Feminine little pansies who whine and complain. While real men are out putting boot to throat, fist to face earning those crybabies the right to do so.
(not you rose, your a female)

I served my country. Through wartime.
I dont whine, I dont complain. I drive around getting 12mpg, throwing Styrofoam containers out the window, and farting in elevators cause I earned my right by being an a** kickin American to do so.

Thanks for your service bro.. but with all due respect I've never seen this side of your posts...:confused:

IMO you're so wrong and maybe you need to roll up a fatty or 3, bro....:joint::joint::joint:

I'm a proud old hippy and I know a LOT of old hippies & many served side by side with you in wartime conflict so please spare us your social commentary, whining and judgements about me or my friends.:rolleyes:

Getting back to Marijuana Passion our sometimes so-called 'insignificant social caste' aka the Hippies have done more for freeing this majestic herb than a whole world of 'Square Bears' ever did combined. While you were off puttin' boots to necks and fists to faces we were doin our part growin the dank an furthering the genetics for all of mankind. The sooner we get back to focussing on the dank at hand the better...

Rosebud said:
Thank you for your service Spearchucker! Hope I never get in an elevator with you though.

Priceless Rosebud.....:D

Peace~!:peace:

I believe anyone who "Turned on, Tuned in, and dropped out," were "Hippies." I lived the life, and I atribute this period in my experience, and all the acid I took, to be what has kept me thinking young and even looking younger than those my age. It was a magical time. I wish it could happen again, but I really doubt that will happen in this materialistic and brutal world we live in. I feel real grateful for the experiences -- and the shot diddn't hurt that bad Hampster. lol.

dman1234 said:
Hi Rose,

The tide is high--Blondie 1980, i was 5, my first fav song and my first crush. guess im not a hippie :cool:

That is an awesome song, you can be hippy. Wow, such taste for a five year old.

orangesunshine "yes, it was called "my ding-a-ling" chuck berry live london sessions---LMAO"

That is funny! Great taste though, and very hip grandparents!

You guys are all gifted in your early music choices.

The first song that made me dance in my bedroom with my "record player" turned up full fuzzy blast was the Beatles, Twist and shout...oh yea.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Feminine little pansies who whine and complain. While real men are out putting boot to throat, fist to face earning those crybabies the right to do so.

I dont whine, I dont complain. I drive around getting 12mpg, throwing Styrofoam containers out the window, and farting in elevators cause I earned my right by being an a** kickin American to do so.
Hmmm...I should probably leave this alone, but I just can't. :(

Just because you served your country as an "a** kickin American", you certainly did not earn the right to be an inconsiderate jerk by doing the things you seem so proud of. Wasting resources, polluting our country and being a menace to societal air cleanliness are not things us Hippies aspire too.

I am a disabled veteran and I take exception to your post.

Now I'm off to a corner to chill and toke.

:bolt::bong:

Thanks for your service SunWolf. I too am a disabled vet, and I too took offence at that post. I only bust caps when my life is in danger. It's a shame there are still people who seem to be proud of brutalizing others because of their beliefs. Can't we all just get along? When will our society grow up?

this thread has inspired my to buy a turntable and dust off some old vinyl albums:woohoo:

Rosebud said:
Hi Orange! do you remember what your first favorite song was? It is ok if it was disco, you won't be hurt.
The first song I remember was Puff the Magic Dragon. :D
I don't like the hippie hate talk here. I lost some respect for some people today. Apparently it wasn't mutual anyway. So to hell with you - you wanker.

there are many things i could have said in response to the spearchucker---but--sometimes when peeps are sooooo out of line it just ain't worth the energy to reply---last thing i want to do is get into hippy debate with someone as ignorant as that---we know who we are---we know where we came from---we know what we represent--we know where we are going---i am comfortable in my skin---have no regrets---appreciate those who served our country---and---say screw those who think they are entitled to ANYTHING---some things are best un-said

I wasn't hating on hippies. I was just pointing out the positive and negative glorifying of the word, and asking why I am put in league with hybrid driving coffee fanatics. I smoke weed all day, and have long hair. But that's SOO different from what people call a "Hippy" now. They still consider that a hippie, but it spans all the way over into the Star Bucks fiends and other stuff too.

Just because I smoke, think, and don't dress "right" I look like I belong on a computer at StarBucks all day?

I was just saying some things that I noticed and asking some things about what I couldn't figure out.

SPEARCHUCKER said:

wow screw you d!ck...i take great offense to that being a hippie and an american! where do you come from? I'm sorry that our government has brain washed you into thinking you are entitled because you went off and fought a war that most americans dont even believe we should be in.

yeah thanks for your service...I have so many family members and friends that served that dont feel that way...

yeah u dont whine....you dont complain....yeah ok...whats this then^^^

how have you "earned" your right to be an @sshole american? by shooting somebody? why dont you do something real for your country...like get a garbage bag in your gas guzzling american road killing truck? yeah you do your part a$$hole!

soooooo.... you are calling out Jack Herrer and Ed Rosenthal saying they are bums and cowards.....maybe you should check yourself....they did more for this country than you ever will !

SMOKE BREAK IM GETTING FIRED UP:

man i hate waking up to crap like that! not a good way to start your day, but i couldnt let that go. i even went and posted other places and had to come back to comment...

the "hippies" of today ARE the ones driving prius's and drinking their starbucks. those are the people that have paved the way for us young guns like me. they are the ones that have made changes in this world. call em what you want...they are hippies. they are conscience of the earth and their past, and are trying to do their part now. as long as they aren't throwing that cup of starbucks out the window after they are done with it.

I'm only 27. and very much into the music scene, you will catch me on the phish and furthur tours...I have a great attitude and i help out every min i can. whether it be volunteering or even getting the event staff stoned, i feel like i do my part and i dont make an impact negatively. I'm the one at Red Rocks Ampitheatre volunteering his time after the show is over to go around picking up trash. I'm the one handing out garbage bags at the entrance of each lot to throw your cans and bottle in.

I'll tell you who arent the hippies of today....the generation i associate myself with. the 18-30 year old "kids" that are on the scene nowadays. they have this mentality that "oh i don't have to shower and be clean, i'm a hippie" or " i dont need to take care of myself, there will be somebody to take care of me" this generation of "stoners" "hippies" or whatever you want to call them...are not out to help anybody but themselves. thay arent thinking about tomaro and what impact today has on it.

these kids are the downfall of "hippies"...

NorCalHal....this is a copy of an unsolicited comment on my user name I received a month ago in my youtube inbox regarding my user name.

The hippie generation; what a disgrace. Murderers (e.g. Ira Einhorn, Manson, etc.), cults, attempted political assassinations (e.g.Nixon/Ford), bombings/government take over plots (Weather Underground), brainwashing (e.g. Patty Hearst), treason (e.g. Fonda, exposing the identities of undercover CIA agents, etc.), and more. Worst of all, your generation ushered in both the AIDS epidemic and the crack epidemic. You actually believed that all of the excess of the 60s and 70s wouldn't have consequences? Those rockstars you hippies idolized started dropping like flies in the 1980s, and their death was a direct result of their free spirit mindset.

I know - sounds like the misguided rantings of a young person who wasn't there and has been brainwashed into believing that somehow I am responsible for all the hate of two decades including NIXON???? People will cling to any thought that will validate hate in their eyes. Farkin sad.

OldHippieChick said:
NorCalHal....this is a copy of an unsolicited comment on my user name I received a month ago in my youtube inbox regarding my user name.

The hippie generation; what a disgrace. Murderers (e.g. Ira Einhorn, Manson, etc.), cults, attempted political assassinations (e.g.Nixon/Ford), bombings/government take over plots (Weather Underground), brainwashing (e.g. Patty Hearst), treason (e.g. Fonda, exposing the identities of undercover CIA agents, etc.), and more. Worst of all, your generation ushered in both the AIDS epidemic and the crack epidemic. You actually believed that all of the excess of the 60s and 70s wouldn't have consequences? Those rockstars you hippies idolized started dropping like flies in the 1980s, and their death was a direct result of their free spirit mindset.

I know - sounds like the misguided rantings of a young person who wasn't there and has been brainwashed into believing that somehow I am responsible for all the hate of two decades including NIXON???? People will cling to any thought that will validate hate in their eyes. Farkin sad.

Wow....people are such asshats sometimes.

yeah i love how the internet gives people ballz...stuff they would never say to somebody in person. internet trolls...

NorCalHal said:
Gotta love angry hippies.
:spit: Loved that NCH!!

Hey, everyone here is welcome to their opinions. Be nice to my buddy spear. :D

Now I don't know how serious this thread is supposed to be, and it's kinda evolved into some weird stuff...

To me it all boils down to stereo types and generalizing. We tend to group folks as a whole. I know it's not right. For instance, if we see a dude in a cowboy hat and boots with spurs, does that make him a goat roper who does odd things with sheep :eek:? Just a silly example for a very serious topic. I think you all get my drift...

I guess to a degree we probably all are guilty. It sucks to be on the receiving end though, doesn't it? I bet our life experiences and upbringing also plays a part as well.

Really has nothing to do with hippies.

Chew on that you stinkin' hippies. :p ;) :D

ETA-Guess I need to clarify since this post apparently wasnt clear-

Regarding the receiving end comment- it was about folks generalizing that long haired folks like you should all be driving Prius's and the other stuff mentioned in the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back