Advice on big buds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grow46

Reaction score
My first grow and I'm just curious about what I can add to increase bud growth. I've been using fox farms trio and stated using blackstrap molasses as well. There are 2 600w lights in a 4x4 tent, 7 plants approaching 3 months. Anything else I can be doing?

Attachments

• PXL_20210929_144705213.jpg
    PXL_20210929_144705213.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20210929_145214553.jpg
    PXL_20210929_145214553.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20210929_144701404.jpg
    PXL_20210929_144701404.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20210929_145249679.jpg
    PXL_20210929_145249679.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20210929_144617205.jpg
    PXL_20210929_144617205.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 11
Patience? Hang in there? Looking good so far to me and looks like it will be well worth the wait. Green color looks a little strong but led lighting is wild when it comes to phone pictures. I was shooting my pictures through LED sunglasses. Walmart online 14 bucks. Mine clip over my script glasses.

Like pure said. I too favor the Advanced Nutrient nutes. Big bud, bud ignitor, carboload, B52, Overdrive always added.

Bubba

Like pure said. I too favor the Advanced Nutrient nutes. Big bud, bud ignitor, carboload, B52, Overdrive always added.

Bubba
Yep Most of them are giving 1st weeks of flower ,
However, the critical moment to use bud booster nutrients is during: Weeks 2, 3, and 4 of flowering
I could never really figure out which ones to use myself.

I add Nirvana from day one, Age Old Bloom in wk 2 and Big Bud starting wk 3 and finally Overdrive wk 6.
I was always afraid the tatse would be bad if carried right to the end

I only use Carbo Loan in veg ..... I switch to unsulphered molasses in flower. I think the molasses gives more taste and flavor on the finished product.

I only use Carbo Loan in veg ..... I switch to unsulphered molasses in flower. I think the molasses gives more taste and flavor on the finished product.
I use floralicious really messes with PH though

Yep Most of them are giving 1st weeks of flower ,
However, the critical moment to use bud booster nutrients is during: Weeks 2, 3, and 4 of flowering
I could never really figure out which ones to use myself.
I just follow the web site recs. A couple are used throughout flowering, one is first 2 weeks, one is last 2 weeks.

Bubba

They have pretty in depth info on these nutes and additives on line, good description of how and why. Once you study it a bit, I just started adding them. Still playing around.

They have 3 or 4 different types of base nutes. I've been using the Sensi line, pute likes Connesuer line. Once you pick your base nutes, you start reading about additives.

The base nutes are divided up into two parts, A and B. One has more nitrogen, so you can use equal amounts, or you could use less of one and so forth. I don't use the Veg A & B, soil I use has enough to get through veg. Only cow bell during veg. Begin with nutes at switch to flower.

Bubba

Some of Advanced Nutrients do I'm sure. I think Big Bud does. They don't use any "banned" PGRs, but just because they aren't banned doesn't mean they shouldn't be I guess.

Bubba

I don't think the base nutes have them, it would be good to know. I don't recall them listing them, just saying "they used no banned ones," and I assume but don't know they use "non banned ones? I do not know.

Bubba

Still reading but bud ignitor has no PGR. Still looking....big bud says they don't use

"Note: At Advanced Nutrients, we do not use paclobutrazol, daminozide, or any other banned plant growth regulators in our products"

Bubba

Last edited:
Big bud doesn't list any PGR, does list L-Amino acids. It gives the above statement about banned PGRs.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back