advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henderson

Reaction score
hello folks,
i've been reading a lot on the board, but haven't posted.

i have a few plants outside. they are a strain called AK-48, and after reading about them, it says some they are fast finishers. i'm a newbie to growing. and i think my buds are beginning to show amber color. mind you, this is with the naked eye, as i don't have a microscope.

i'm freakin a little about when to harvest. frost doesn't occur here until October, normally. so, do i let them run until then? or should i consider harvesting?

thanks in advance.

You should buy yourself a hand held micorscope from Radio Shack, bout ten bucks. This way you can know if your girls are amber, this season and next.

Fast finisher can be anything from 8 weeks of flower to 9 weeks of flower.

If you have a camera, take a pic and blow it up really big. I look at my trichs that way sometimes. A mangnify glass may help too.....
Good luck to you.

Hello henderson :)

Welcome to the forum.

Ak-48 is called 48 because it is the flower period, 48 days, quick finisher.

Of course this can vary depending on growing methods/light/inside or out/ PH/ nutes yadda yadda.

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello henderson :)

Welcome to the forum.

Ak-48 is called 48 because it is the flower period, 48 days, quick finisher.

Of course this can vary depending on growing methods/light/inside or out/ PH/ nutes yadda yadda.

:peace:
Hmmm. I thought AK48 was just a second breeding of the AK 47. ????

So, does AK-47 finish in 47 days:rofl:

Sorry...I couldn't resist;)

I got some Blueberry sposed to finish in 45.....got 47 beat. I believe it when I see it.

tcbud said:
I got some Blueberry sposed to finish in 45.....got 47 beat. I believe it when I see it.
agree... I've yet to find one 'finished'.. 'matured' in under 8 weeks.

well, apart from the debate here, this old man/new grower got a hand held microscope. frankly, it took me awhile to get a clear view, but when i did...wow! very cool.

i've got a lot to learn.

thanks for the responses.

tcbud said:
I got hashplant going from -seeds.NL supposed to finish in 5.5weeks in hydro..or..uhhh..39days. Like yourself, TC, I'll believe it when I see it!

henderson, wait until you are looking through the lens moving all around the buds and you come across an insect on one of your buds. It will scare you a bit to see an "alien" up close and personal, lol. Welcome!

Latest posts

Back