Aero-Garden anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to grow herb in an aero-garden? I was thinking about trying it, but wasnt sure if it would work. The product claims to be able to grow tomatoes from seed to fruit in like 21 days. So I was wondering if it would produce a similar out come with buds.

Thank you

i know some ppl on here have tried the aero-garden, but my stoner brain cant remember what they said bout it. Those claims are just that...claims. They will say anything to get that buck out your pocket. How much do they want for a set-up? I dont know i'm just cheap and love to get a deal. Also since this is my second grow I stick with soil as it is more forgiving and easy.

It's like $200 or something for a laundry basket that has been fitted with a couple of 20W CFLs!!! You have to be dumb to buy something like that.

I grow using aeroponics and swear by it. I've done dirt and ebb and flow. I'll stick with aero till I find something better. I bought my first system and it worked alright but the roots didn't have much room to grow. I build my own systems now. The pumps cost the most and you need a good one. In aero if the pump goes out the roots dry out and the plants die. The rest is just buckets and pvc.

blowinsmoke said:
I grow using aeroponics and swear by it. I've done dirt and ebb and flow. I'll stick with aero till I find something better. I bought my first system and it worked alright but the roots didn't have much room to grow. I build my own systems now. The pumps cost the most and you need a good one. In aero if the pump goes out the roots dry out and the plants die. The rest is just buckets and pvc.

The poster is not talking about growing using aero--he is talking about using an "Aero-Garden" to grow in. An Aero-Garden is a small self-contained unit meant to sit on the countertop and grow herbs in. They do not work well for pot.

You could use it for growing strawberries:D. Cannabis needs a lot more root room than the AeroGarden provides.

Oh. cool. I never thought about making a small aero system for a lowryder. It could be done with a 16oz cup and an 8 oz cup I bet. Maybe a little bigger. 64 oz big gulp and 32 oz and you could grow a low ryder on your window sill

cup needs to be dark. i made a cloner out of 16oz cups and an air pump.

This is how I grow. I use buckets not cups. And more then two. One bucket has a magneto pump. next bucket is 5" higher then res. bucket. I use 1/2 cpvc. pump feeds grow bucket. I use 1 1/2 return. its 2" from bottom of grow bucket. There's about 3" of liquid in grow bucket when pumping. I drill little hole in the feeder line from the pump. YThe smallest drill bit you cam find. $ per bucket. Point them at the sides ot the bucket. Wanna see spray! plants love it.. It's a little tall.

I get three to five oz per plant. They like to live alone

nah ya didnt say how many $ per bucket cost just a $ sign

Oh! I use 7 gal buckets. I like big root systems. I buy them from this place for 250 w/ lid I can do 8 buckets with one pump. $125 USThe rest is $2 to $3 a bucket just cpvc/pvc/silcone/fittings Ya know I don't use any medium. No rockwool/clay/marbles. I laughed when I heard a guty using marbles.

damn thats cheap. i cant find buckets(in quantities less than 100) for less than 4-5$

I found mine on craigslist. They don't advertise on there much, but now if I show up I can get a few any way. I had to watch CL for awhile till I found them though.

i HAVE an aerogarden, i use it to grow cherry tomatoes, green beans and herbs...

i was thinkning of starting a seed in it, see how it will grow unded the light... but i really dont tink they would be good for anything other than seeds or clone rooting...

but, it DOES grow...

Ya the rez in the aerogarden is only one gallon. I've seen full grow journals using one but I wouldnt recommend it. One gallon of water isnt nearly enough for herb... unless you want to mix and fill every day:)

*edit*
The lights arent adequate either so you will have to take off the hood and add your own lights. You will basically be overpaying for an undersized bucket and a pump.

Thank you everyone! I have learned alot from the comments. Especially not to use an Aero- garden for buds ;)

Thank you all!

Latest posts

Back