Air pruning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calitoker

i like cowgirl asses
Reaction score
Is there any good info out there on this subject. My basic question is are tere any benefits of air pruning. Can i do it all the way through bud?

Any input on using these Umbra? Do you need to water any more frequent to avoid the side soil surfaces drying out to much? Are they messy if the outer soil surface dries too much and water runs down the sides of the soil?

Thanks!:cool:

I hand water daily, but a large part of that is the commercial fans I have going 24/7. Yeah if you water too fast they leak out the sides. You learn by doing. I always water the center of the plant and give it plenty of time to drink. I additionally add XM ceramic powder to the plants. It helps cut the surface tension of the soil and make the water slipperier. When I've gone out of town on business, I have watered to the max and shut off fans and 3 or 4 days are good between waterings with the 3 gal pots.

Umbra, I am actually goping to do a run with the new Airpots and give them a go. We are starting to see them a little more around the Cali nation.

I personally don't know of any grows with them yet, but I do like the idea behind them.

NorCalHal said:
Umbra, I am actually goping to do a run with the new Airpots and give them a go. We are starting to see them a little more around the Cali nation.

I personally don't know of any grows with them yet, but I do like the idea behind them.

Will this be a hydro application NC? Or are you gonna do a soil run?

umbra said:
I hand water daily, but a large part of that is the commercial fans I have going 24/7. Yeah if you water too fast they leak out the sides. You learn by doing. I always water the center of the plant and give it plenty of time to drink. I additionally add XM ceramic powder to the plants. It helps cut the surface tension of the soil and make the water slipperier. When I've gone out of town on business, I have watered to the max and shut off fans and 3 or 4 days are good between waterings with the 3 gal pots.

Hey Umbra, I am curious if you think a bottem feeding or wicking arrangement could be used with air pots. You know, like mixing nutes in a slightly larger container then semi-submerging the air pot? Or do you think this might be more trouble than it's worth?

nvthis said:
Hey Umbra, I am curious if you think a bottem feeding or wicking arrangement could be used with air pots. You know, like mixing nutes in a slightly larger container then semi-submerging the air pot? Or do you think this might be more trouble than it's worth?

Herby does the bottom watering with spectacular results. He uses coco, his gj over at breedbay and thcfarmer are...noteworthy.

I grow with coco right now, I ave a blowfish clone in coco media and a coco basket or liner what ever you wanna call it, It seems fine for now but its only been a week, so we will see.

Latest posts

Back