Aloha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kailiwela44

Malama ka `aina
Reaction score
Aloha kakou, I'm a newbie who's never had a sucessful female grow :fid: . First plants i tried was about 10 years ago did not make it past two sets of leaves; first one died in the rain and 2nd got eaten by bugs. My second attempt was some ** (bag seed) and died while trying to transplant--can u say nooB? My third try was recent with Citral Nirvana seeds--Thanks J. I got two sprouts outta two, one died during germination, my bad, and the second one was a male:angrywife: --too much heat stress, temps got to 100F:holysheep: . Now i'm giving another go at it:hubba: . I don't think i'll be posting pictures but if there are any "Readers" i'm sure i can be detailed for a clear picture:aok: . With this grow im doing a closet grow box--it's like Dr.Greenbud's, for you who heard of him, flower box. My trouble is that my box temperature will always hit upper 80F's at night and low 90F's up to the afternoon as my lights are about to turn off--so SMB technique is hard to do, but its a great visual book:aok: . My room has only gotten as low as 79 degrees and will get into the mid 80', so the box is usually about 10degreesF over the room temp. I can't get an A/C unit so i'm pretty much limited. I'm using DIY Yeast sugar &h20 to sustain the plants health:confused2: . Any idea on what strains will do best with the given temp:confused2: ? Should i grow out a male to get the plants to adapt to the stress? :stoned: Mahalo for your time

hello and welcome :48:
so have you no fan at all in there ?

Thanks for the reply Melissa:) . I do have a 4inches Fortunately i've been able to aleviate my temp problem. What i did first was remove the window UV protector thingy of the walls and replaced it with Panda film. What i also did was organized my closet, since that is where my box is, so that there would be better air circulation around the entire box. Plus it looks better. Now my temperatures are in the upper 80F i think like ~20C--sorry, poor american education in Hawaii. I've read on other forums that i should be okay as long as the temperature doesn't reach 90F (Any comments Melissa? funny, my friend named Melissa just tried calling:D ). The fan I have in the box has air blowing on my sprout and partially on the lights.
Mahalo,
kailiwela44

Welcome!
Hope you enjoy the site and all the friendly members, glad to have you join and already growing! Sorry to hear about the deaths of your previouse plants, i hope this one treats you good. I would try and keep your temps below 90 unless your using co2, then these temps are requierd. You plant should be fine around 85f, just make shure there soil dont dry out, always check the soil, i sometimes check by lifting the pot its in, when its light you know to water, cant go wrong!. Keep a fan going for air-circulation, this will also stop the room from stratifying. Keep us posted and glad to have you here, peace and love!!!!!
Roken.

Its he by the way melissa, nice to finally meet ya!:)
Peace and Love!!!!
Roken.

Thank you Roken and Melissa for the replies:D . Roken. I do currently use the lift for water weight technique. I used to stick my finger in the soil until i remember how the root structure looked on my male (massive). i'm not sure if its that i'm stoned but if you were to stick your finger in the soil, isn't it possible to damage some roots?
Also, being that i have higher temps, would it be benificial to water the soil using water from my refrigerator? I think i might have seen that, "ask ed" books, as a way to balance off heating/cooling issues; i.e. hotter temps=cooler watering, cooler temps=warm water. Any thoughts or opinions on it?

Hey kailiwela, welcome to MP. I can tell already, that you're going to love it here.

Since no one has mentioned it yet, I'll be the first. The fantastic owner of this site has put together an incredible collection of information about growing weed.

He stuck it all in one place to make it easy for all of us to get to.

Look at the top of the page and click on "Resources".

You won't believe how much stuff is in there for you!

Good luck to you !!!!

welcome kailiwela. at least you are persistent at growing , lol. like juicebox says, hopefully 4th times a charm. your at the right place to learn friend.
good luck this round.:) ...

juicebox said:
good luck, hey 4th times a charm right?
Hope so, in old Hawaii everything good is in incriments of four. Let's hope my mana (spiritual strenght) is strong!

Wassup,
Yeah i think you could damage your roots from the finger test, you could at least damage the feeding roots. And as far as the refridgerator water, it might be good because it might have an internal filter system, but you wouldnt want to water your plants with cold water, this could shock the plants and roots and i would doubt it would lower your temps any. If you are going to use this water at least let it set out until it drops to room temp, do you know if it has its own filteration system? I will check back soon so until then, smoke a phat bowl and make way for the positive day! Peace and Love!!
Roken.

:bongin: :banana: Welcome kailiwela44 :bongin: :banana:

I'm still working on a sucessful one- and I'm old-lol

You will find alot of useful information here.Look for the growing resources thread.Also there is some writing by Robert Connell Clark that I find very interesting.

Later,
Gb

Okay cool,:cool: thanks for letting me know not to use cold water. I typically prep my h20 a couple days before watering so it gets to room temp by the time i use it. Fortunately, the water i used does go through a filter type thing, which gets replace accordingly--props and aloha to grandma:D . Tap water is very high in pH (Above 8.0). It usually takes me three drops of vinegar per 500mL to get the pH down to recommended level A positive is that Hawaii contains no chlorine in the tap water (some of the best tasting water stright out the sink), but the rain water is below 5.0pH. In fact, the rain's pH is so low doesn't read on my pH tester (pool tester, not electronic). Another thing is that i wanted ask is the use of molasses. i couldn't bear to read the 3LB story entirely so, when should i start? And what are the ranges of ratio to use (if can in mL). The only thing i really got from reading through all the forums is mixed reviews and to use unsulphured molasses. Since you've been helping me i'll consider your suggestions above others (Melissa recommends it also). Mahalo

Update. Before i left for work, my two Citral's are looking very healthy. Citral #1 which i germinated a week and a half ago is growing "her" 2nd set of fan leaves, she was stretched but i buried part of the stem in the dirt the stem is on the green side and #1 can hold her self up when the fan blows on her (i keep in at a light gust). #2 which i germinated a few days after looks to be doing better than #1 when they were about the same age. #2's stem is pretty thick, but on the reddish side, this is the same thing which happened with my male and #1, but i'm not worried about it till other wise informed.
One of my GE CFL 40watt burned out yesterday. out of the Six that i purchased, one blew up and two burned out. Anyone know of a more durable brand?

starting my first written journal under "pictureless grow...where's your imagination" hope to see you there. if not, much mahalo for being irie.:D

kailiwela44

Latest posts

Back