Alternative CO2 options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenDover

Reaction score
Ok, since I don't have the money (or space for that matter) for a CO2 tank and regulator, I was trying to find the best alternative to get CO2 to my plants.

In the video "I Grow Chronic" he says that you can spray them with carbonated water. I have just begun trying this, so I don't know of any improvements, yet.

And, I looked up how to create CO2, and apparently when you combine vinegar and baking soda the resulting chemical reaction is CO2. But, this is fairly messy and you end up using a lot of vinegar and baking soda. I don't know if it is efficient enough to do this.

Does anyone have any other ideas or info on alternatives to a CO2 tank?
:bong1:

If you give them lots of fresh air from outside every day, that's the best way I know of to provide them with a good amount of CO2 for no cost at all.

Growing for personal use provides so much weed that I've never had the desire to pump it up from a pound per/crop.

I've got more weed than I could ever use. My friends think that's great. I always have some to treat them with. However, no one in "real life" knows that I grow.

I've seen some homemade CO2 setups that involve using yeast and sugar water.

Here's a pretty cool one:

Homemade CO2 Production

paintball guns use co2 tanks, this is what i used.

Great link POTUS!

I'll give this a try to up the CO2 in my water reservior.

the guy at the hydro store sells pills, which creat co2. You throw em in with your soil.

I once used a bicycle tire-filler thing with CO2 cartridges. I sprayed 'em real good after the room came up to temperature every day. Did it do any good? I dunno, but that's another alternative for you.

well there are different methods to making cO2, first off if your doing a hydro grow id seriously think about the tank and meter system. jsut because of that old ounce of prevention saying, but if your growing in soil and have access to dry ice (sold at many ice cream shops) get a couple of half pounds bricks of it and let it sit in a pan with some cold water and a fan on it over night in your grow room (exaust running too) and there is a good cheap way to get cO2 into the grow. the dry ice is usually about 50 cents a pound most places ive been at halloween.

headband said:
the guy at the hydro store sells pills, which creat co2. You throw em in with your soil.

I wouldn't waste my time putting the tabs in the soil because the CO2 is needed at the leaf level. Seeing as CO2 is heavier it needs to descend down upon the plants for noticeable results otherwise you are wasting good CO2.;)

Just forget CO2 if you cant do it right.
Its not needed in anyway, just use fresh air as POTUS said or all it will do is cost you more to grow.

Latest posts

Back