am i overwatering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool on the eggshells if you have the benies from the great white in there, they will break it down. I think if you have the microbes then adding the organic matter is definitely a good thing. If you can find some "Cow Peat" where you live, it is like $10 for a 50lb bag, and it is awsome for mixing into your soil. It is so rich that you have to be carefull sticking new kids into soil ammended with it so that they don't burn up, but the older girls love it. It also makes for great organic tea If you mix a little bone meal in with it. :) :)

but really.... next time just hit me with something heavy , when i go to try a new tech i know abslolutely nothing about...
...so my brave coco bucket idea almost turned into a complete disaster.... duh.. Massproduser never mentioned any measurments in his steaky on cocobuckets... and me not knowing batshit about growing just added what i thought looked right... like a smothie.. u know.. a bit of this, some of that...
ok, long story short.... the girls burned up and almost died... but the fittest survived (go Darwin)!!! We r now at the end of the second weeks of flower... and fingers crossed r looking happy. Pics to follow

Congrats on the survivors. :) Sorry to hear that the others didn't make it. I have always thought that organics is far more difficult to get the hang of than hydroponics or synthetics. :) If you ever want to go hydro and you want to work with someone one on one, just pm and I will be glad to help you. :)

Try DWC. I think you would like it..

Thank u Hushpuppy... i don't know if it makes sense for me to do hydro... in a tiny tent with 1 lamp and 5 flowers... but if universe throws larger space at me, i would love some help...the cow peat u r talking about, u using it with hydro??

Mr.WeedHooper, what is that 'DWC' thingy u referring to??

Deep Water Culture. All Ya need is water,,a stone,and an airpump. Plants love it.

No I don't use the cow peat in hydro(although it probably could be used in hydro if done as a tea and strained well enough to remove particulate matter). I had it for doing an organic grow a couple of times. Its great stuff :)

DWC is probably the simplist way to grow hydro. All you need is 5gal buckets, the net-pot lids that you can order for pretty cheap (or pick up at local organics grow store), one good air pump that has the 4 hose connections, air-hose and air stones, and synthetic grow medium like rockwool, clay pepples, or a couple other types. Then you germ your seeds or get clones and set them in the medium in the net-pot-lids. Fill your buckets with nuted water solution until it is just barely touching the bottom of the net-pot. Put the airstone and hose into the bottom of the bucket and connect to the pump. Put them under the light and plug in the air pump, and yer off to see the wizard :)

Hydro doesn't have to be big or complicated. You can use hydro in a small closet if you want. Last year I grew a single plant in a hydro setup for the micro-grow contest, and had my plant in a 3"net pot that fit inside a 10oz plastic glass cup that was connected to a (resevoir)tupperware tub that held about 1/2gal of water. I had a pump that pushed water to the top so that it top-fed the plant and then drained out of holes cut in the bottom of the glass back into the resevoir. I ended up pulling a dry oz off it. :D

Latest posts

Back