any help will be greatly appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBFan said:
Hey guys- just a question...

I've never re-vegged a plant. By looking at leastofthese's pictures- what are the indicators that she is revegging?

the lack of flower production and the increase in foliage production....

Gagneezy said:
Order urself some new seeds fo show and just start from scratch! But you should definately educate yourself on light cycles and shiot because that is the most important thing for your plant. Also when your flowering under 12/12do not disturb their dark time at all it should be completely dark. And veg time can vary 24/0 - 18/6 - 16/8 and the best of all 12/12 with one hour of light in the middle of the night. Saves you abit on power and ur plants will love it!

that seems like a pretty off the wall statement to me.... i can't figure out if he's serious or not?

anybody else heard of this one?

When you see bud starting these strange-looking twisted single leaves coming out the top, that's reveg.
I see a lot of conflicting opinions here.
If this were my grow I would:
1) Toss out the bare plant that's got hardly any canopy.
2) Switch the lights to 12/12 immediately and let them finish, get some smoke off them. Probably pause 10 days and then flower out in another 6 weeks or so.
3) Get some good genetics (seed) and start another grow immediately.
That should cover all the bases, yes?

Cut down, clean room, get clones/order seeds, start fresh, grow lots
of bud. End thread :)

fleshstain said:
that seems like a pretty off the wall statement to me.... i can't figure out if he's serious or not?

anybody else heard of this one?

I too hope this statement was a joke...why would you want to interupt your light period with an hour of darkness????

BBFan said:
Hey guys- just a question...

I've never re-vegged a plant. By looking at leastofthese's pictures- what are the indicators that she is revegging?

I did not really notice much that showed me it had been re-veg, that is why I had originally said to flip it back to 12/12. After looking at the pics again that are showing bud, I could see how the single bladed kind of twisted leaves could look like a re-veg, although I have had this same type of growth in a regular flowering cycle...many of my buds grow single bladed leaves once into heavy flowering. Basicaly I was going by what was said not the pics.

so I am giving them a week of 12/12 with more light to see what happens will post before and after pics for opinions after the week. if opinion is still they are re vegging I will go to 24/7 cycle do I feed again? I read that you dont feed during flowering.

thanks for all the advice

wait you either need to do one or the other, you can't keep flipping them back and forth. if you put them into flower, then leave them in flower. if you decide to re-veg, then re-veg until they are totally back into the veg state...but don't flip them again in a week if you don't see what ya want.

I don't know where you heard not to feed in flower, but it is wrong. You definately need to get a good bloom nute, lower in (N) and higher in (P), depending on the last time you fed them, I like to feed once a week...I can't remember if you were in hydro or not...if you are doing hydro, I'm not the guy to ask, if your in soil, then I would feed them a mild bloom nute, and increase it a little each week until you get the tips of your leaves slightly burned.

legalize_freedom said:
wait you either need to do one or the other, you can't keep flipping them back and forth. if you put them into flower, then leave them in flower. if you decide to re-veg, then re-veg until they are totally back into the veg state...but don't flip them again in a week if you don't see what ya want.

I don't know where you heard not to feed in flower, but it is wrong. You definately need to get a good bloom nute, lower in (N) and higher in (P), depending on the last time you fed them, I like to feed once a week...I can't remember if you were in hydro or not...if you are doing hydro, I'm not the guy to ask, if your in soil, then I would feed them a mild bloom nute, and increase it a little each week until you get the tips of your leaves slightly burned.

I am not flipping them back and forth I have waited tohear what everyone said then decided that putting them in 12/12 for a week and see what happens was the first theing to do. because if they werent in veg state and were just the result of temp light or food then I surely dont want to put them in a veg state. I have since added more light moved them indoors to a climate controled 72 degrees and will start feeding them again today. coming sunday will be one week of 12/12 but will give it another week of 12/12 with new lights and food. I would think in a week there should be visible change good or bad. I am taking pics today to compare the temp change and three days of more light. you guys make the call. like I said another week of lights temp and food should answer any questions.

I know I am not using the best lights(8 40 watt floresent grow lights) in a 5x3 area, but this is the beginning not the end. as I have noticed here on site every grow is a learning experience and a improvement on past conditions.

thanks for your paitence and help

these three are from 12/8. temp change,double the lights, and no food.
DSCN2423.JPG

DSCN2426.JPG

DSCN2431.JPG

I am learning my mistakes and am correcting them, will resume feeding and give one more week of all three(feed,double the lights, and temp control) and if no obvious improvement will switch to 24/7 to re-veg them.

again thanks all

some how messed up the last post these show from the beginning of my post to moving them inside and the above post shows the present.

thanks to all

these two are from 12/3 two days of indoors better temps soil flush and no food.
DSCN2418.JPG

DSCN2419.JPG

jmo... but now that you have decided to keep with the 12/12 schedule I would not go back to 24/7 again. They were already re-vegging and to switch them back and forth that many times would surely cause LOTS of stress. Just keep with 12/12 and flower them out. again jmo!

good luck!!!

well I guess I am having more trouble trying to get all these pics on the same page sorry here are the ones from 11/30. these are from one of my first posts.

DSCN2409.JPG

DSCN2414.JPG

lordhighlama said:
jmo... but now that you have decided to keep with the 12/12 schedule I would not go back to 24/7 again. They were already re-vegging and to switch them back and forth that many times would surely cause LOTS of stress. Just keep with 12/12 and flower them out. again jmo!

good luck!!!

I had them on 16/8 for a few weeks them switched them to 12/12 to see if they would come out of the veg mode and start re flowering. if there isnt ay improvment in a week with all the changes I will then switch them to 24/7 they havent been there for over a month. went to 16/8 when they started flowering. am looking for the least stress and best results. never switched them back and forth. went from 24/7 to 16/8 to 12/12. just found this site and was taking the advice of a friend which truned out to be the wrong advice. after a week I will re post pics and go on the advice of the majority since I believe everyone of you are wwwwwaaaaayyyy further down the road on this then I am.

thanks for your time!:doh:

I see... again good luck. :aok: I'll check back in on this one in a week then when u post up your update. :ciao:

got ya!...I think that you will find that they will do good in 12/12 if that is how the lighting shedule went, 24, 18, 12...then you should be fine with letting them finish on 12/12...sorry for the confusion! Hope all grows well for you!

legalize_freedom said:
got ya!...I think that you will find that they will do good in 12/12 if that is how the lighting shedule went, 24, 18, 12...then you should be fine with letting them finish on 12/12...sorry for the confusion! Hope all grows well for you!

no problem I probably didnt explain myself good enough in the beginning. thanks for all the advice!

ok so since it looks like I may have the flowering problem under control here is a new question. I have 8 4' Fluorescent bulbs going in an area 3x5x8, I am pretty sure from one poster that my lighting isnt good enough at that reply I was only running 4-4' floresents. I doubled that but doubt that my lumens are up there good enough to do a maximum job. I have a 400 watt metal halide lamp with which is probably a 36k bulb, but from what I am reading that is really only good for vegging. So!

would it be better to run the halied light instead of the 8 Fluorescent bulbs the bulbs are grow bulbs but only put out 1600 lumens each for a whopping 12,800k?

my thinking is the more lumens the better even though the light might not be premo for flowering it is better then less lumens!

yes the more lumens the better, definitely stick the MH in the flower box... can you get the 400w in with the tubes? That would be ideal.

right now you only have 853.33 lumens per sq ft. During flower you want to try and achieve 5000 lumens per sq ft. You need way more lumens in that grow box. The 400w alone will produce 36000 lumens so that gives you 2400 lumens per sq ft. Getting better but still not enough. You really need to get the MH bulb in with the tubes. Still that will only give you 3253.33 lumens per sq ft. Is there anyway to shrink up the sq ft of the grow space a little bit? Working with 15 sq ft is alot of floor space

Latest posts

Back