any opinions of this one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleshstain

Reaction score
this is a Grapefruit seedling i had that got off to a rocky start.... it sprouted the first set of single bladed leaves then stopped growing.... when it started growing a couple weeks later it had topped itself and split twice....

here's the rundown:

it's a little over a month old.... growing in FF Light Warrior.... being fed Botanicare Triflex at 1/4 strength.... the new growth is lush green but the older growth is being overwhelmed by this now.... i've also got a couple SSH showing the same thing....

this one is a first for me.... any opinions?

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

looks normal to me...that lower stuff will die off as plant uses is resources up..thanks for shareing.take care and be safe

Doesn't look all that normal to me, it's got two trunks, one taller than the other. A twin plant :)

the actual plant is definately not normal.... it pretty much topped itself.... i've got another 1 that has some pretty odd growth too....

the shorter stem had a clone pulled from....

Hi,

Your new growth looks great... but the bottom leaves look crispy from nute burn... Maybe you gave your baby nutes a bit too soon but now it's grown out of it. Depending on what kind of soil you have the plant in, it may not have required any nutes when you started feeding them yet.

I've got a similar situation going on with a seedline TGA's Deep Purple strain:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48535

So the new side shoot low on the mainstem appeared on your plant later in growth...? Mine had a Y in the mainstem from the get go and one smaller siamese twin... I'm experimenting with doing some shading of the taller twin to see if the shorter one can catch up.... I'd like to get them the same size and then top each plant and lollipop it down to a 6 or 8 headed monster... I don't think that particular shoot will catch up with the mainstem so it may be better to prune it off eventually...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Yo Ho fleshstain,

Looking real close one can see the heavy mineral and salts build up on top of the soil. A careful repotting might be in order soon too. I would go with 3 gallon containers, and consider the idea of slowing down everything and clone the side shoot. Waste not want not right ? at least that is what I think I would do.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

a little late update....

thanks for the advice guys.... i checked the soil, even with a 60-100x magnifier, and found no salt buildup.... there was a ton of perlite that was heavily ground up, but i couldn't find any crystals built up from over-ferting.... i went ahead and assumed that it was over-ferting and gave her a few doses of plain water and she has recovered wonderfully.... i've taken a couple clones from her and trimmed it down to 1 main stem....

thanks again for the help and input!

Latest posts

Back