Anything to do before harvesting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulsmoker

Reaction score
I was wondering if anything was preferred before harvesting besides flushing? And if I am not keeping the plant should I cut off branches individually or just hang the whole plant upside down? Also, with the drying space, it needs to be dark? Is 60-70 degrees ok for that dark place?

soulsmoker said:
I was wondering if anything was preferred before harvesting besides flushing? And if I am not keeping the plant should I cut off branches individually or just hang the whole plant upside down? Also, with the drying space, it needs to be dark? Is 60-70 degrees ok for that dark place?

I say jusy flushing, lots a luv, n dont get em wett..... if you cut the whole plant n hang it u might get Mold, and it might not dry evenly.... i had my whole closet full of branches hanging lol.... cut off branches..hang them upside down on hangers... try not to let them touch... get good air circulation wherever u hang them... try a lil fan or sumthing... not to much tho! lol..... keep it dark... keep it under 65 degrees i beleve 70 might be too warm depending on humidity.... just use a lil fan lol.... u can either let the water leaves stay on there till they dry out n become really really dry like crunchl (just the water leaves not the buds) this will protect the buds while they hang... or u can cut water leaves off n just let it dry like that.. the con's of that r the buds r less protected n can get bumped or dropped.... trust me i did it lol .. n then the crystals fall off more..... after the stems or branches become dry enought to snap in half when u bend them, start curring the weed in glass air tyte jars for best results, rotate weed if not 100% dry every 2 hours, to avoid mold.... hope this helped u!

I like to cut off most of the leaves before i hang them to allow for a quicker dry and easier job manicuring

I do the same as BigSmoke, give them a good hair cut. Than just flush for 7 to 10 days , than harvest. Enjoy your smoke, man.

Thanks yall.. The relative humidity today was 14%, and warm, mid 80's today, so I'm hoping that the closet at around 65-70 will do.. I assume they will dry in a week or so, a bit quicker because of the climate.. This is my first harvest, 2 of my 3 will be chopped by the end of this week... SO stoked.. Will get photos up in a bit.. Been a new experience for sure..

Flush for 2 weeks
Cut at main stalk, cut each branch seperating into stalks that will fit my hanging area
Trim 75% of leaf matter off, now is most definately better then later
Hang to dry
Dark - Light kills THC
Cool - Heat kills THC
Dry - Low humidity, drying buds can mold otherwise
Running a fan on low IMO is optimal. It helps circulate the air, lowering the chance of mold and also decreases drying time.

Latest posts

Back