Arjans Haze#2 Strawberrycough A New Hydro Set Up Need All The Help I Can Get!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are giving ferts already... back off on them... just ph'd water

yep they are just getting ph adjusted water..she'll probley shake it off..i hope

those might just be water burns on the plant... I wouldn't be concerned about it... I'd just keep my eye on it.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
the reason I suggested that is cuz u want it dark under the plant. it's fine to have light to the sides and up above (prefereably), but u don't want light underneath... how much light does dirt give off?... you just want darkness below the stem... as if the roots were burried in dirt. just use cardboard then... cut a slot out half way thru a large circle or square going into the center of the covering.

and if you can, get floro's over the seedling... that 250W hps is too strong... or at least raise to like 2-3' above the little girl.

The light is not going to hurt anything underneath the plant leaf, it will help if anything, and it's minimal to say the least...the plant still uses it for photosynthesis and it's keeping heat away from the roots. I personally, (with no documentation) think it greatly helps a plant. It may keep it from stretching (maybe go backwards.LOL I doubt that), thus keeping the nodes closer, scare those dam mites away and contribute to the food source for the plant. Yes dirt doesn't give off light but snow does, and it doesn't kill anything as does bright white sand. This plant is not out in nature, we are trying to boost all the positives, and the more light the better. That's why a lot of leaves die below the canopy because they are not getting light. IMHO. I would like to hear from others on this but I feel very strong about my thinking. Yes, and the flos would be a better light source choice at this early stage and you can keep them just 2 inches away from the plants..

I'ma Joker Midnight Toker said:
Yes dirt doesn't give off light but snow does, and it doesn't kill anything as does bright white sand.

got any pictures of these mj plants growing in snow and plain white sand? I'd like to see them...

not knocking you, man, or your opinions... cuz I got them too... just as I have suggestions to give... same as you.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
got any pictures of these mj plants growing in snow and plain white sand? I'd like to see them...

not knocking you, man, or your opinions... cuz I got them too... just as I have suggestions to give... same as you.

Hey Crazy, I like your posts and no, my MJ doesn't do well in snow as I don't grow there :D I just don't feel that's her problem and do feel the mylar helps, it's all good man...
PS I don't grow in sand or snow , it was a reference to reflective materials, stupid me...something I found below...mylar will do the same...

White Cloth
White cloth offers reduced heat build up thanks to reflection of the sun’s powerful radiation. Use for flowering plants which will be effected by longer natural light exposure due to an increase in light quantity and duration. White cloth absorbs and reflects the white scattered light from the atmosphere. The interior of the structure is cooler than that covered by black in hot weather condition, as white cloth reflects the heat.

I stand corrected.:doh:

I'm high:stoned:

come to think of it... I seem to remember my mother putting white cloths out in the vegetable garden when we had really hot summers back when I was a kid...

I only remember the images cuz I am so high right now....

hey man... I think we just jacked someone's thread...:ignore: :hitchair:

hey guys.
need some help= i got a ph tester but i dont have anything to calibrate it with..whats the average ph in bottled in the shops..the tester cud be off knowing my luck it probley is..so any ideas on how i cud calibrate it.. trow em at me..the seeds have not cracked yet probley tomowrow..

SDC10342.JPG

SDC10344.JPG

if I were you, sara... I'd go to a nursery and ask them if they could callibrate it for you... u know... batt some eyelashes at them, wear a low-cut blouse, skirt and high heels... u know... pull the woman thing and get some guy to do whatever you want... :p

you are a woman... use it! ;)

sillysara said:
hey guys.
need some help= i got a ph tester but i dont have anything to calibrate it with..whats the average ph in bottled in the shops..the tester cud be off knowing my luck it probley is..so any ideas on how i cud calibrate it.. trow em at me..the seeds have not cracked yet probley tomowrow..

If you go on ebay and put "pH solutions" in the search you will find what you need. Generally you need two, a 4pH and a 7pH solution, usually buy as a set and also from hydro stores, just more money but if one is by you go get it. You test for one at 4pH and then 7pH (actually a fraction after the number, just rounded to 4 & 7) and you are calibrated (adjust set screw). Your directions with your meter should tell you, some may just use one number but most are two (4&7). If you don't want to wait , take a chance you may not be off much if any at all. Is this a new one? If so your directions will tell you what to do as there are one or two set screws for the 4 and the 7. They also come pre-calibrated if it's new!!!

thanks guys
just lil update on the plants my soil grow is 16 days into flower and things are going into second gear with em..they were slow to flower at first but now thet look fine. as for the seedlings in the soil they are 13 days old and im thinking about transplanting them soon..and my four seedlings in the rockwool are alive but still look the same for the last coupe days the doctor is out on them for a couple of days and hopfully they will come around..right now i got the rockwool soaking in ph adjusted water,will have a update on that tomowrow ther shud be some tap roots tomowrow:woohoo:

SDC10354.JPG

SDC10351.JPG

SDC10350.JPG

SDC10349.JPG

hi guys i germinated the seeds and all ten popped:D i prepared every thing bfore hand with the ph adjusted water.they are two days old i have em in the propogater and i take the top of every few hrs to give em fresh air ,i water in the morning and nite the humidity is 80% and the temps go from 77 to 81 at times stays around 79..the water is a ph of 5.7 here's some pics of what i got and to make sure i get it right this time:eek: ..i got 200 watt enviro light and a new ph tester and the other stuff i had..
let me know ho im doing later.

SDC10355.JPG

SDC10357.JPG

SDC10363.JPG

Man I can't wait to see that cough flowering! Gonna be sick <3 The Straw.Cough

hey
first pic is the strawberry cough 17 days old and thinkn about transplanting them soon..next pic is my soil grow that is on 12/12 for a month and started showing flowers about two weeks ago..and the last pic is the 10 seedlings thats in rockwool and this time i got all the small things right with the ph and a enviro light..since i got 10 healty seedling i was thinking about transplanting the other 3 shocked and stressed plants into the hydro set up at least 1 and see how the system works..
would that be a good idea? any pointers..l8tr

SDC10365.JPG

SDC10367.JPG

SDC10369.JPG

great stuff, i dont think i even saw anything i'd comment on, usually i go over and look at things i'd change or do differant and i dont think i could have on this one, congrats.

Dc

Latest posts

Back