Arjans Haze#2 Strawberrycough A New Hydro Set Up Need All The Help I Can Get!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DankCloset said:
great stuff, i dont think i even saw anything i'd comment on, usually i go over and look at things i'd change or do differant and i dont think i could have on this one, congrats.

Dc
srry man im not picking u up right?

happy to hear you got your germing problem worked out, sara... best of luck on the rest of your endevors. :)

wow these flowering ladies look beautiful as does the rest of the set up
good job sara carnt wait to see the end :tokie:

hey guys got a question about the seedling above which look the same just a day or two mature than now the camera dead for now and ill try to explain whats going on ..if u look in the photo above of the seedlings they are 2 days old and today they are 4 days old and seem to be doing fine..i put all the seedling on some styrofoam to get em closer to the lights so they wont streach .. i cleaned also..but this morning i lifted 1 of the seedling in the 1 inch rockwool cubes to find roots growing at the bottom of the cubes,they look like they feel comfortable ..the roots are not growing into the styrofoam thank god..the problem is i have no 4 inch cubes till tomowrow:eek: ..so i was wonder'n would they be ok untill then..thanks,later..

sillysara said:
hey guys got a question about the seedling above which look the same just a day or two mature than now the camera dead for now and ill try to explain whats going on ..if u look in the photo above of the seedlings they are 2 days old and today they are 4 days old and seem to be doing fine..i put all the seedling on some styrofoam to get em closer to the lights so they wont streach .. i cleaned also..but this morning i lifted 1 of the seedling in the 1 inch rockwool cubes to find roots growing at the bottom of the cubes,they look like they feel comfortable ..the roots are not growing into the styrofoam thank god..the problem is i have no 4 inch cubes till tomowrow:eek: ..so i was wonder'n would they be ok untill then..thanks,later..

ok my camera working:p
first 2 pics are of the seedlings that are in rockwool 4 days old and and the next photo is of the roots coming out of them..and i wont be able to transplant into 4 inch rockwool cubes till tomowrow..
and the next 2 pics are of the seedlings that were shocked and stressed:eek: and i put em in the hydro set up to see how they would grow ..just to get the hang of things,but they grown and changed big time they look alot health'r..do u think that i cud leave the two in the 1 pot they are 5 litre pots..is it possible ..or else i might have to get rid them?
and the next pic is of the seedlings that are 18 days old and the last two are of the soil grow that i have in a grow tent im left with 3 plants and they are under 400 mh light and have come through the troubles and are startin to look good..let me know what yall think

SDC10379.JPG

SDC10380.JPG

SDC10381.JPG

SDC10383.JPG

SDC10384.JPG

SDC10385.JPG

SDC10386.JPG

SDC10388.JPG

ok guys ithink things are ok as far as the stuff above i posted yesterday:eek:
i just transplanted the seedlings into larger pots and then next week ill transplant them into their final pots..
tonite ill transplant into the 4 inch rockwool cubes and right now they are in the 1 inch cubes and have a load of roots coming out the bottom of the cubes so i think its time

SDC10389.JPG

SDC10390.JPG

SDC10396.JPG

Hi, all,
I calibrated my pH meter with the calibration solution that came with it, then I tried my pH meter on common household white vinagar, and it read 2.66 . Maybe that will help some until you can get some calibration solution.

PEACE

THE Roseman said:
Hi, all,
I calibrated my pH meter with the calibration solution that came with it, then I tried my pH meter on common household white vinagar, and it read 2.66 . Maybe that will help some until you can get some calibration solution.

PEACE

hi rose man..i just ended up getting a new 1 ph tester..thanks anyhow..but maybe u cud help me on a ph matter..last nite i prepared fifty litres of tap water and the ph was 7.8 so i got it down to 5.4 with ph down solution and left it 18 hrs and this morning i tested it and it read 6.6 i dont know if im doing it right or what:eek: is their any tricks to get it right im kinda confused..later

looking good sara! glad you moved to soil its more fun!

sillysara said:
hi rose man..i just ended up getting a new 1 ph tester..thanks anyhow..but maybe u cud help me on a ph matter..last nite i prepared fifty litres of tap water and the ph was 7.8 so i got it down to 5.4 with ph down solution and left it 18 hrs and this morning i tested it and it read 6.6 i dont know if im doing it right or what:eek: is their any tricks to get it right im kinda confused..later

To begin with, never let water sit out in the open, covered or uncovered doesn't much matter, it will start growing algae and accumulating all kinds of wierd growths.
Take your tap water and pH test it first, then lower it to the desired pH. Your 5.4 is toward low, and 6.6 is better. I always shoot for 6.4, but anything between 5.6 to 6.8 is OK. AFTER your water is pHed where you want it, then add your nutrients and pH it again, striving for 5.8 to 6.6. If you are using proper pH balaned nutes, then all should be fine.
pH is very important for your little girls to eat properly. If the pH is wrong, they won't eat, no matter what you serve them. You 'll wind up with "nutrional lock out" if the pH is not balanced.
AND try not to adjust the pH after the water and nutes are in your tank no more than .1 (one point) in an 8 hour period. Plants do not like having the pH moved up and down often. I've started draining and replinishing once a week, no matter what.
I hope this answer helps,
Peace

Ganja_Greg said:
looking good sara! glad you moved to soil its more fun!
im doin both hydro and soil im thinking about keeping the soil grow in veg till march 15th by then theyll have 6 weeks of veg reason being so my hydro seedlings can catch up by then if every thing goes right with em they all be changed to 12/12 around the 15th of march or i could even keep em 24 hrs of lighting then change to 18/6 around the 5th of march and then change to 12/12 on the 15th..whats the best way to go? thanks

The plants are looking for more darkness than light, or 50 - 50 equal, to begin FLOWERING. I tried gradually going to 12/12 a couple of years ago, and it is a big waste of time. I highly recommend that you jump to 12/12 when you are ready to begin FLOWERING.

i dont veg my plants so i wouldnt know hehe. but i did once and i did 24 on for veg for 3 weeks then switched to 12/12

personally i prefer the 12/12 from seed method im impatient lol

In my humble opinion, children should not get pregnant and have babies. Often it results in birth defects and weaklings. I also think young girls should not be made to start their menstral cycle at age 6.
Same goes for pot. It doesn't make sense to me, to make a baby plant start having babies, or making flowers. I think if you have the space, the grow room, you should VEG for 4, 5 or 6 weeks, before FLOWERING. Again, just my opinion.
PEACE

thanks guys heres some pics of all the plants from the ones in flower and the seedlings in rockwool that are 5 days old u can see the roots at the bottom of the cubes..and the other seedlings that are 19 days old all seem to be doing fine theres also pics of seedlings in my hydro set up that i put in the system to see how they work they wer really dummies but they are looking great so i was thinking about leaving them in the one pot and see what happens..even though i put em on the side of the pot not thinking i cud be leaving them there but we'll see what happens ..cud i leave em in the one pot? its all trail n error..thanks

SDC10397.JPG

SDC10399.JPG

SDC10400.JPG

SDC10401.JPG

SDC10402.JPG

SDC10404.JPG

SDC10409.JPG

SDC10410.JPG

SDC10411.JPG

SDC10413.JPG

SDC10414.JPG

SDC10415.JPG

To begin with, never let water sit out in the open, covered or uncovered doesn't much matter, it will start growing algae and accumulating all kinds of wierd growths.

Tap water should be let sit for 24 hours to allow the chlorine to evaporate from it. I have never seen any type of algae or weird growth after only 24 hours.

EDIT : sorry sara, missed your question at the end there. I'd advise 1 plant per pot. If ya have to remove a male later on it can be a pain.

THE Roseman said:
In my humble opinion, children should not get pregnant and have babies. Often it results in birth defects and weaklings. I also think young girls should not be made to start their menstral cycle at age 6.
Same goes for pot. It doesn't make sense to me, to make a baby plant start having babies, or making flowers. I think if you have the space, the grow room, you should VEG for 4, 5 or 6 weeks, before FLOWERING. Again, just my opinion.
PEACE

First off i wanna say that it looks like your off to a great start sara for somone who just started doing this. and sorry sara not meaning to go off topic on your journal :D

trust me tho Roseman i would love to be able to veg my plants but for ppl who do this thing called micro growing inside anything from PC cases to small cabinets made into grow boxes 12/12 from start is just the way to go. oh and keep in mind MJ plants arent 6 yr old girls who are popin out kids. there just plants and 12/12 from seed is what we call an advanced
growing technique. :aok:

lots of ppl like to do 12/12 from the start + LST etc... to be able to make a plant that would normally need 5' of grow room could fit comfortably in a 2' grow room...

again... there plants not 6 yr old girls on there period...:eek:

but anywho keep up the good work sara im def following this journal!:stoned:

Hey sara just wanted to take a moment to say that the grow is looking great i havent realy finished reading up on it but i will to see if i can get any pointers off it:hubba: Im starting my first bubbler system its gonna be a micro grow but anyways the ladies are looking great made me pull a chair up:D good luck will be back soon if ya dont mind lol latter

Latest posts

Back