Arjans Haze#2 Strawberrycough A New Hydro Set Up Need All The Help I Can Get!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sillysara said:
hi rose man..i just ended up getting a new 1 ph tester..thanks anyhow..but maybe u cud help me on a ph matter..last nite i prepared fifty litres of tap water and the ph was 7.8 so i got it down to 5.4 with ph down solution and left it 18 hrs and this morning i tested it and it read 6.6 i dont know if im doing it right or what:eek: is their any tricks to get it right im kinda confused..later

I Also have dirt and hydro going. Veg in dirt , Bloom in Hydro. I keep water in standard storage bins and let it sit 4@ least 24hr because the chlorine levels are high in cities. I use h202 to treat my water for hydro, but not 4 the dirt. If you measure ur PH before you add nutes then again afterward youll see a change. Why then would you PH beforehand? I only adjust PH prior to usage. And yes it does go back up eventually. Hydro systems need to be adjusted accordingly to allow uptake of ur nutrients. No tricks, you just got2 be on top of things. Goodluck

gangalama said:
I Also have dirt and hydro going. Veg in dirt , Bloom in Hydro. I keep water in standard storage bins and let it sit 4@ least 24hr because the chlorine levels are high in cities. I use h202 to treat my water for hydro, but not 4 the dirt. If you measure ur PH before you add nutes then again afterward youll see a change. Why then would you PH beforehand? I only adlust PH prior to usage. And yes it does go back up eventually. Hydro systems need to be adjusted accordingly to allow uptake of ur nutrients. No tricks, you just got2 be on top of things. Goodluck

thanks u guys..so i dont have to adjust the ph before the the nutes i do it after? thanks

im also doing a dirt and hydro grow.i always adjust my ph when i change my hydro water if you need to or not i dont know but i will say my hydro plant looks the best out of all the plants i have right now..good luck

sillysara said:
thanks u guys..so i dont have to adjust the ph before the the nutes i do it after? thanks

Everytime you add something you have the chance of changing the pH...so it really doesn't matter before..well unless you don't add..silly me, it's rubbing off Sara :D So after you have added nutes, etc. and it's well mixed, check it then, and also your PPM or EC. :D

sillysara said:
hi rose man..i just ended up getting a new 1 ph tester..thanks anyhow..but maybe u cud help me on a ph matter..last nite i prepared fifty litres of tap water and the ph was 7.8 so i got it down to 5.4 with ph down solution and left it 18 hrs and this morning i tested it and it read 6.6 i dont know if im doing it right or what:eek: is their any tricks to get it right im kinda confused..later

It may have not been mixed thourghly and you checked a hot spot in the water, it never is a bad thing to check often. Let it pump thru a bit and check again if you're not sure. :D

Everythings looking great silly. :aok: Here's some GREEN MOJO for the little ones. ;)

Here's a link to my current grow, posted on this site:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=211339&posted=1#post211339

I'm glad someone has had a good experience letting city water sit out. I get emails from growers, sent to the people at STEALHHYDRO.COM who have had a problem with algae and water turning brownish or just ukey. Everytime, EVERYTIME I ask them, did they let the water sit out, they say YES.
CLORINE will disapate (or evaporate) out of city tap water within three mintues of leaving the spout, and even faster if yu runt he water over the palm of your hand. There is just no reason to let it sit out. I collect GROWERS books, and I have seen two reccomend letting it sit out, but I think it is bad advise. Several books reccomend city tap water, in opposition to using well water. I use well water, and the only problem I have is the accumulation of salts on the cubes.
PEACE

hey guys thanks for the replys to my questions..not much has changed since yesterday i took out one of the rockwool seedling away from the other seedling now their seperated from each other i left the strongest looking one in the hydro system and planted the other into soil..dont know if itwill work out since i never been in a situation like this..

question..when im adjusting my ph i try to get to 6 but at time's it goes down to 5.8 or 5.6 so i just add some water to bring it back up... is it ok to do it that way..:watchplant:

SDC10419.JPG

SDC10420.JPG

SDC10421.JPG

SDC10422.JPG

SDC10423.JPG

SDC10425.JPG

SDC10426.JPG

SDC10427.JPG

SDC10428.JPG

SDC10429.JPG

plants and seedlings are looking great :tokie: what do u prefer hydro or soil? :bong2: just curious !

melissa said:
plants and seedlings are looking great :tokie: what do u prefer hydro or soil? :bong2: just curious !
right now i dont know but hope theyll all worl out

ok i transplanted the seedlings that were in the one inch cubes and into the 4'' inch rockwool cubes that i soaked in ph adjusted water 6.0..

roots wer coming out of every where in the 1 inch cubes so i thaught i'd transplant them and when that was done i put them back in the propogater(dome), But the rockwool was given off to much heat so i got information here that mylar would direct the heat away so i went a head and done that and now all temps are good between 75 to 80 but stays at 77... humidity stay around 70%..
i dont know how long i shud leave em in there , i believe it would be another 2 weeks untill they are strong enough,they are 6 days old tomowrow(friday)
i air out the propogater a couple of times a day for a few minutes.

what are the next steps do i stick with the method that im doing now?
ttygl

SDC10432.JPG

SDC10435.JPG

SDC10436.JPG

SDC10438.JPG

SDC10439.JPG

SDC10441.JPG

hi guys had a problem today my 200 watt enviro light broke(floro lights):eek: so i moved them under a 250 watt hps.. they were 7 days under the enviro light and in the propogater at the same time(dome)
im a bit unsure how im doing sofar:cool: ..maybe some of u can set me straight on a few things..how long do i have to leave em in the propogater? its a week so far and the temps through out wer between 76 to 80 and humidity was at 75%..
Anyhow to see what the temps were like outside of the propogater i took the top of it and the temps are 78 and humidity is at 45%;)
dont know if they can be moved out of the propogater or not..i heard for the first two weeks they shud be left in the propogater.....
another question:p if the top of the propogater comes off can i take the mylar off the rockwool? becoz i wont have a problem if the top of the propogater comes off...that rockwool give off alot of heat in there:hairpull: ..

heres some pics

SDC10448.JPG

SDC10461.JPG

SDC10462.JPG

SDC10466.JPG

SDC10467.JPG

The HPS is going to up temps as the flo doesn't...They do like the humidity at this stage, hence the dome... it can come off but if you can leave it a few more days and watch the temps go for it. I took mine off because the flo wasn't raising the humidity so I have the light close to the plants now, plus the fan for stem strength that you don't get well with a dome, a lot of trade offs sometimes... I should just get a humidifier...
It's a fine line cause with HID lights they have to be farther way because of heat issues, which can make the plants stretch...in other words it's too bad you broke your flo... :D You still have a great handle on things and seem to be staying on top of each and every scenario, keep up the great work...

true enough the humidity came down to 50% it was 75 or more, but my temps are good 77..and i air out the dome a few times a day just to make sure they getting enough air..

hi guys..these plants below are 22 days old and are under 400 watt hps the light for now is foot and a half over the plants thats as close as i can get it to them with out the temps going crazy..over the last two days since i transplanted them they grown quite a bit..so i was thinking about LST'n them ,they are well over 3 weeks old and will have another 2 to 3 weeks of veg left..im famliar with LST, so i was hoping i cud start today doing it lightly..what do you think shud i or shouldnt i?. let me know sara..

SDC10468.JPG

SDC10469.JPG

SDC10470.JPG

SDC10471.JPG

LSTing your young'ns?... Unless you have a severly limited growing height to work with, I wouldn't bother... at least not at this young age... but I mean... it's all up to you... it's your grow.

Things r looking good :D

i thaught lst promotes bud site ..just goes to show how much i know:p
i seen in ur photos at 3 weeks of veg they were massive how u get em that big tcvg?
i never topped either cud that be a option?

hi i got some issue's with my ph meter i got bring it back untill then i got ph test kit for 25 dollars..ive been tryn to get the ph between 6 and 6.5 its pretty hard to do with some colours not matching the chart..ive spent a good hr tryn to get it right the picture below is not the best but ithink i got it at a ph of 6.0.. i hope
i took the mylar off the rockwool becoz i have no more heat issue's in the propogater (dome)i got a nice cool breeze blown over the top the propogater and now temps are 77 and humidity is at 80%..i shud of asked first weather i shud or not...
i know i ask alot of questions but im tryn to stay on top of things;)
but if some of you can get back to me about above..it would sure help.
thanks sara

SDC10513.JPG

SDC10533.JPG

SDC10536.JPG

SDC10537.JPG

sillysara said:
i thaught lst promotes bud site ..just goes to show how much i know:p
i seen in ur photos at 3 weeks of veg they were massive how u get em that big tcvg?
i never topped either cud that be a option?

You can LST at any time the plant has enough height. You do now (height) and it's easier to LST before the stalk gets to stiff, less chance of breaking...Yes you get more bud sites (you do know!) and I think you could/should start now... IMHO :D

Latest posts

Back