Auto White Russian Timex GJ ~ OHC style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fruity86 said:
looking good OHC how big are ya pots? just started to germ 10 reg Russian rocket fuel only want seeds from them wot size pot would you recomend i was thinking about putting them all in 1 big pot and let them do there thing in a diffrent room away from my flower room
like i said looking good:)
G'mornin' Fruity. Thanks - they look happy enough. My only regret is that I didn't start with ten plants. These are in 2 gallon pots. From what I gather, the taller the pot, the better. You might consider a dollar store trash can - drill some drain holes all in it - would give the added depth that the main tap root seems to enjoy..... I can picture a few together in a half whisky barrel pot out on the patio in the spring :D just hangin out with the birds and the bees and doin the nasty out in the moonlight - makin lil baby auto seeds ;). BUT some here say don't do that. They talk about roots getting all twisted together. Personaly, I'd give it a go. But what do I know ;) this is my first auto. I'll be looking for your GJ because I've got 10 AK47s I'm breeding for seed starting in about Mid Feb....
xox
OHC

I'm not trying to step on any toes here, but I think it looks more like an Iron def, rather than a zinc def. Usually zinc deficiencies are caused by a high ph, so if anything you would want to lower the pH, not raise it. The good thing about it is that the same procedure will fix both deficiencies. Get a good chelated fert containing Fe, Zn, and Mn (avaliable at most hydro stores, as a micronutrient supplement)

My reason for thinking iron instead of zinc is that Zinc will cause radically twisted leaf blades, and also the veins on the leaves would pale along with the rest of the leaf. During flowering the buds that are suffering from a zinc def will contort, twist and turn hard. I'm not seeing this with OHC's plant. With Iron def the leaves will pale like this and die, but the veins will remain green. Iron is necessary for enzymes to function and acts as a catalyst for the sythesis of chlorophyll. But a good Micronute will fix both.

Apply foliar and into the soil. Be sure to do foliar feeding as soon as your lights come on, you don't want wet buds sitting in the dark...the last thing you need now is mold.

Also I don't know how big of a pot it is in right now, but if it is in a 3 gallon or bigger I would not attempt a transplant this far into flowring 3 gallons plus should be fine, if however, you are under 3 gl...I would probably very gently transplant, and add the micronutrients. The GO is obviousely lacking something...so I would seriousely consider changing the nutes to, or just continue to feed it along with the micro's and see how it goes...I just don't like the idea of you putting all your stock in a nutrient that has not been prooven yet....Good Luck to you girl! Oh yeah, make sure to check your pH pen every time with calibrating solution...they will drift. So if you don't have calibrating solution you will want to get soem and check your pen every time before testing the nute solution. I'm pulling for you sister!

I still think repotting should be considered this is why.

If your issues are any, or all the following it will resolve ALL of them.

1) Rootbound, again my plants were heavily rootbound when other strains may not have been as rootbound at the same time, being in 2 gallon pots for over 10 weeks? You may well be rootbound given the sie of your plants, this will not allow nutrient uptake, causing deficiencies.

2) Either the makeup of the original soil, or something along the way augmented the pH of the soil, which at some point led to nutrients being locked out, even if your current water is within pH balance.

If you repotted, any rootbound effect would go away, also your soil if you use (FFOF) would be guaranteed to be right on the mark at 6.3-6.5 (they create it at this pH level). This would guarantee that your plants have all the nutrients they need from soil alone, but given their size you could add molasses, and dolomite sweet lime and address the zinc/magnesium. This would be a 3-prong approach, attacking the issue, that can't hurt anything, but could resolve EVERYTHING.

If you calibrated your pH then don't worry about it, but it appeared to be pH lockout issues. If your pH meter reads 7.0 in the pH calibration fluid (green stuff you can buy in packets or at any hydro store) and reads 7.0, it is calibrated, end of story.

Diagnosis is the first step, and an approach like this would alleviate every suspected cause as of now, while at the same time not causing any serious damage, the stress of repotting would be better then the stress of lacking key bnutrients IMHO.

Thats just what I would do if my plants looked like yours at your stage, having the exact same plants, with almost all of your problems, and resolved them, its just my perspective on the issue.

Those autos are looking nice OHC! I tried to breed some auto AK47's a while back for seeds and had the worst luck. It was a reminder that i personally shouldn't mess with soil. I also only had 1 female and i didn't dose her with pollen soon enough. I ended up with premature seeds on a tiny little bud. A few *might* sprout, too soon to tell. I have plenty of pollen left though! Might be my outdoor spring project to give it another go in my garden.

Happy growing! (yours already look healthier than mine did)

Oh Oh OH H C!

Just a word of encouragement along with overall bewilderderment at your yellering probs...:) I just want to chime in that I got in on the GO giveaway too... I can't resist free organic nutes! :hubba: Truth be known that I have entirely TOO many options in the bottles on my shelf for nute lines... I'm now running two plants in Subcool's Supersoil with NO nutes other than some molasses and occasional Liquid Karma but I just finished a grow with a seedling pheno run with plants in 2 gal pots and I used nutes for those. Although I did rotate my base nute and use a different one each time I used the GO base nute quite often, along with the PK Bloom Booster, Root Booster early in flowering and the Cal-Mg occasionally too. I tend to alternate using them at about half strength or less per rates of application on the bottle for the base nute and I would mix and match them along with various other brands of base nutes and additives depending on what stage of flowering I'm in and dilute if necessary the overall mixture, ramping up the strength from around 500-600 PPM to a max PPM of around 700-800 for weeks 4 and 5 or additional weeks for longer strains than 8 weeks, ramping the strength down the last couple weeks of feeding. Some of the other prouducts I use are Pure Blend Pro Boom, BioBiz Bloom, AN Voodoo Juice, Liquid Karma, Purple Maxx, etc... I would always use one base nute or the other, one root booster or the other, one PK booster or another, etc... I got to admit I never read the instructions for the overall GO nute lineup but I always mix up my base nutes first, add the additives and let it sit for an hour or 2 to stabilize. It often mixes up quite low with PH around 5.2-5.5 so I always adjust it with my Earthjuice Natural Up PH adjusting powder to around 6.5. Although I used them only every 3rd nute feeding I didn't have any oddball issues following any of the GO feeds...

Now I DON'T encourage any newb to do the varietal nute dance that I do, I mainly wanted to say that I've used the GO line along with other nutes and never noticed any ill effects. Also, I really have a hard time thinking that a company with the rock solid rep of GH and their nute line would release an organic product that didn't test up to par with the competition, let alone something that will cause complications. We've all had wacked issues from time to time but for the most part when it's harvest time and you trim away those ugly leaves that we don't smoke you'll have some very dank bud when it's said and done. I wonder more if it's an issue with your soil that is causing nute issues and not so much your nutes on their own... Anyhooo... keep the faith and rock on. I see some very nice bud development under those yellow leaves and I can assure you... the glass is NOT half empty! :D

Peace~!:cool:

If you calibrated your pH then don't worry about it, but it appeared to be pH lockout issues. If your pH meter reads 7.0 in the pH calibration fluid (green stuff you can buy in packets or at any hydro store) and reads 7.0, it is calibrated, end of story.

I check my pen everytime before I feed with the calibration fluid, and everytime it has drifted from 7.0 usually + or - .3. So if you went 2 times without checking it tou could think you were at 6.5 you would really be at 7.1 or 5.9...imagine if you went a couple other times without checking and adjusting where it would put you. You can not just calibrate it once and forget it...I hope this is not what you were saying.

Also IMO transplanting in bloom is a whole different ballgame than transplanting in veg...stress causes hermis. A 2 gallon pot should be fine for a 3 ft plant, that is only going to live for another 5 weeks or so. True it's not the ideal set up, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk...that is a touchy call there.

DOS I didn't really think that GO would put out crap either, I was just thinking that this being OHC's first real grow, if she used something that more on here were familiar with then maybe we could help her figure it out easier.

Irish...your molasses suggestion was right on the money...I had PM OHC and told her about the molasses...that is perfect for micro nutes..I don't think anyone would ever question all the help you give here on a regular basis...I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong...it's hard to say from a computer screen, the only thing any of us can do is make suggestions of what we would do, and it all boils down to what OHC decides to do...and we are all here cause we care about her, and hope she gets to smoke that killer...I hope I didn't offend ya by offering a differing oppinion...just calling it the way I see it to man.

Whatever you decide to do OHC I hope it works out for you...a good flushing is definately in order for sure, regardless of what you decide to feed. Peace.

LF I meant if OHC had calibrated the meter, like today, and it was reading 7.0, don't dwell on the meter itself, I should of been more clear. Absolutely recheck your meter every week or two. Couldn't agree more, I just didn't want to 'tunnel vision' the discussion. Good catch with my wording.

IRISH said:
sorry i could'nt help you out...good luck...
Hold on there Irish. I think the molasses is sound advice. I haven't decided a thing yet on the nute or microntrient path but as you pointed out I have to act quick or as I have read, the plant WILL die. And in fact a trip the Lowes and the grocery store sounds the easiest route. I have been making some calls to tech support at a couple companies. I'm just locking down in freak out mode and will pop back up when my mind settles but I know I'm on a time crunch. I appreciate you so please know that. I can't see how certain death is more stressful than replanting. I can't see how molasses can do anything except help.
AND I ASKED YOU TO COME HERE AND HELP ME. And you SHOWED UP.:) So big hug and thanks to you. I'm worried I'm offending you all when I'm just a bit freaked.
XOX

Edited to ad: The hooked leaves just started to show up a couple to three days ago but a symptom that I was not even aware WAS a concern has been going on for quite a while -is mentioned here:

Zn, Fe, and Mn deficiencies often occur together, and are usually from a high pH. Don't overdo the micro-nutrients- lower the pH if that's the problem so the nutrients become available. Foliar feed if the plant looks real bad. Use chelated zinc. Zinc deficiency produces "little leaf" in many species, especially woody ones; the younger leaves are distinctly smaller than normal. Zinc defeciency may also produce "rosetting"; the stem fails to elongate behind the growing tip, so that the terminal leaves become tightly bunched.
My lower stalk and branches are covered with leaves that are no bigger than an inch long. I think if I were to take this approach and basically assume I have nute lock - I'd have it covered. Just let me take a breath guys. I had already comitted to taking action Sat. I have a family committment that's got me tied up till then.

hi there ohc. i am not going to drown you more with might be's or try this's because any ideas or suggestions i would have has already been covered and i think you got enough on yer plate as it is. i know the situation you are in is a bit overwhelming but i am sure there are plenty of people here(myself included) that are learning new things and getting help, whether for now or for future grows, from your tuff times. i do hope you can save the ww, it is never fun to raise a little one and then not see her to the end and she looks like a real beauty if you can get her back on track. your auto's look nice. the more i watch others grow autos the more interested i am in trying them. maybe some day. good luck with the rest of the grow.

if i can add, if theres one thing i have learned here at MP. members truly care about eachother. :aok:
when presented with info/advice, i sometimes pick and choose bits from each to fit my situation. :huh: :stoned:
good GREEN MOJO headin yer way. $$
:heart:

:goodposting: hope she gets back on track for ya...i think your auto's look fine, mine were no bigger than that at around the same age, they just all the sudden shot up...and they didnt start to show signs of flowering untill about 21 days... good luck with em:)

FA$TCA$H said:
if i can add, if theres one thing i have learned here at MP. members truly care about eachother. :aok:
when presented with info/advice, i sometimes pick and choose bits from each to fit my situation. :huh: :stoned:
good GREEN MOJO headin yer way. $$
:heart:

That is the beauty of this place, All of us toss out our ideas, but ultimately you have to decide what you are going to do...and you are seeing things in real time, we are limited to 1 or 2 images on a computer screen

I think Irish was right on the money, honestly, other than raising the pH..to 7.0 I would do exctly as he said only use 6.5 pH. Molasses has all the micro's that I spoke of using that along with some Cal-mag for good measure, cut out all other feed for a minute. A good flush, and a dose of molasses, and cal-mag, with a pH of 6.5, and she should come around. I don't know that there is even a way to treat for only one micro nute, usually if one is def, they all are, and they are all pretty much avaliable in organic form in molasses..So IRISH! I wasn't trying to tick you off!

OHC is a smart girl...she'll get it, and don't get too freaked out...it's not going to keel over on you overnight...it can be corrected! Your doing the right thing by researching, rather than just jumping in and doing something wrong..I got faith in you!

I see y'all have been discussin' in my absence.... I had to check out a while - and smoke some dank Cal O that my kind friend set me up with - very much appreciated attitude adjustment therapy. So I went to the mountaintop and came back with .....

OK here's the plan to cover the next 5 days -

Heavy flush - 4 gallons Friday.
Let the pot sit a day to rest so it'll come out of the pot easy
then repot into a 4 gal bucket using maybe FFOF and Light Warior?Saturday.
watering down again with black strap molasses IF this is the same as unsulpherated molasses????? AND OR OR (?????) Cal Mag? Saturday - (those are questions guys:) )
Then I think I'll jump into the new nute plan Wednesday.

I had one tech support tell me I didn't need his product if I have the GO line.
This may well be as simple as Irish and Tact say and just needs a repot and proper PH. I don't know how to defend or prove wrong my assumption that I am doing the ph testing correctly. I calibrate every time I mix or water without fail so I'm at a loss there.....
Even thought the tech support says GO is solid.... I just wish I had a well established line of nutes - meaning proven here
Gona go with a repot in spite of my fear and in spite of the tech support saying not to - just because ....

That's all I've got at the moment.
I still don't grasp the concept of the superbloom at lowes 12-55-6 but I'll pick on Irish till I do and Lowes is close and that step doesn't kick in till Wed so I've bought some skitz time. Even though DOS and the Tech say GO is good - I'll try a chemical vs organic approach for now - I trust the name - I just want to try my hand at another line and see if I have any preference........

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.
Sincere appreciation for the advice.... I look forward to the day when I have that gut feeing but I'm just not there. I regret not following Mojave Mamas advice in transplanting to a bigger pot before flowering....

later.....
OHC

OK WHO went and gave my GJ a 5 Star raiting ???? :heart:

Make sure the molasses is unsulphered. Chef's mojo to ya OHC!

the chef said:
Make sure the molasses is unsulphered. Chef's mojo to ya OHC!
You were thinking as I was editing Chef :D
So I guess this is the stuff at the feed store and not the grocery store? Don't know but am calling the feed store next....
Thanks for the MOJO Chef ! xox

the chef said:
Heb or kroger will have it.
Perfect - to cold to go out scouting around.... thanks Chef !
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to the chef again" blah blah blah

I get it at Kroger I use Brhyer Rabbit, blackstrap, they have one regular, and one unsulphered...just read the label. If you use both cal-mag and molasses, I would go with 1tsp/gl of molasses, and 1/2 tsp/gl of the cal mag, only because they both have calcium, magnesium, in them, and the molasses also is a good source of iron. So you just don't want to overdue it. You could probably get away with just the molasses, if you decide to do that, I would give it a tbl spoon/gl

Your good on the pH tester, I thought Tact had said something other than what he meant, just a misunderstanding...as long as you are calibrating it, your good, ignore us ...lol...

I was going to say be careful on the transplant, but that would just be silly..lol...so I'll be praying to the pot gods for ya, that all goes smooth.

only 5 stars?...what the heck?

I have a male auto . :eek:
Here's a pic - can anyone tell me how bad it is? I mean - do I have a tent full of pollen yet?

I put him outside in the freezing temps in a plastic trash bag. I think I read that fem seeds that grow males have the hermie trait so will pass on this male for my autos for seeds attempt. I hope I guessed that right - I felt I had to act fast. I can't believe I missed this. I had my nose in my WW when I should have been watching for males. I let my guard down because these are fem seeds. hmmmm

002.JPG

009.JPG

Latest posts

Back