Auto White Russian Timex GJ ~ OHC style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am far from an expert on breeding and stuff but i have been making my own seeds for a few years now and i would have to say in my very stoned opinion that you do have alot of pollen in the tent. if there are open sacs you got pollen. each little open sac can create thousands of seeds if blown around enuff. whether or not they are going to carry the hermie trait i dunno. i would think that if you have a male plant there(not a hermie) which is what i think i see then i would assume that if the pollen from that pollenates true females then you will have true seeds. as i said before, i dunno lol. i am gonna say that you should expect to see some seeds forming from that within a week and a half but if you are worried about possible future hermies dont keep any seeds that you get. i myself dont like the surprise of a hermie strain showing itself but that is the part of the game that comes with self produced seeds. i myself would keep all the seeds, plant them and grow them. if they show hermie traits later toss them out or into the hash pile if they are far enuff along. i personally have the space and stock to waste on playing with breeding so if a hermie or two show up it doesnt affect my entire grow, i just pull them and hash pile them or to the volcano with them lol. i dunno if there is anything in that stoned rambling that will help you lmao. i wish you the best. happy growing.

OldHippieChick said:
I have a male auto . :eek:
Here's a pic - can anyone tell me how bad it is? I mean - do I have a tent full of pollen yet?

I put him outside in the freezing temps in a plastic trash bag. I think I read that fem seeds that grow males have the hermie trait so will pass on this male for my autos for seeds attempt. I hope I guessed that right - I felt I had to act fast. I can't believe I missed this. I had my nose in my WW when I should have been watching for males. I let my guard down because these are fem seeds. hmmmm

OHC were the sacks open at all? How old is the male? You are fine if you caught him in time...that sucks that you got a male from supposed fem seeds...but it cld hve been worse...it cld hve been a hermie...I wld rather it show as male and get it out of the tent then for it to masquerade as a female only to hve lil nanners hiding out spewing hermie pollen....

Ham the autos are 21 days old. I didn't see any open sacks but I wonder how old they are when the pollen sacks open? I had never seen a male and I wasn't expecting one either. I assumed if these were fem seeds it WAS a Hermie? No/Yes? Off to PM HIE since he may know after his auto seed breed.

WW Update:
Flushed with 4 gallons distilled water and fed 1T molasses last night. Going to the hydro store today...

Hola OHC :)

I have had a close look at your pics, you are a lucky girl, they are immature pollen sacks and not old enough to open yet.

You did the right thing, a fem male is a hermie.

Wipe your brow and stop sweating.

I have a quick question, how did you handle the plant when removing it?

Did you spray it with water then remove it or just pick it up and remove it?

Because the moving a male whilst using all caution can inadvertently cause a sack to shed if not sprayed with water.

:peace:

Edit, this is a closer pic of your balls.

2 2 OHC 1.jpg

ta2dguy said:
i am far from an expert on breeding and stuff but i have been making my own seeds for a few years now and i would have to say in my very stoned opinion that you do have alot of pollen in the tent. if there are open sacs you got pollen. each little open sac can create thousands of seeds if blown around enuff. whether or not they are going to carry the hermie trait i dunno. i would think that if you have a male plant there(not a hermie) which is what i think i see then i would assume that if the pollen from that pollenates true females then you will have true seeds. as i said before, i dunno lol. i am gonna say that you should expect to see some seeds forming from that within a week and a half but if you are worried about possible future hermies dont keep any seeds that you get. i myself dont like the surprise of a hermie strain showing itself but that is the part of the game that comes with self produced seeds. i myself would keep all the seeds, plant them and grow them. if they show hermie traits later toss them out or into the hash pile if they are far enuff along. i personally have the space and stock to waste on playing with breeding so if a hermie or two show up it doesnt affect my entire grow, i just pull them and hash pile them or to the volcano with them lol. i dunno if there is anything in that stoned rambling that will help you lmao. i wish you the best. happy growing.
Thanks for the feedback...... do you see open sacks in those two sorry pics?

HippyInEngland said:
Hola OHC :)

I have had a close look at your pics, you are a lucky girl, they are immature pollen sacks and not old enough to open yet.

You did the right thing, a fem male is a hermie.

Wipe your brow and stop sweating.

I have a quick question, how did you handle the plant when removing it?

Did you spray it with water then remove it or just pick it up and remove it?

Because the moving a male whilst using all caution can inadvertently cause a sack to shed if not sprayed with water.

I picked him up and put him on my desk to get a good light on him because I didn't know he was a male at the time - I was scouting for pistols at 21 days...... I poked around with a kabob skewer and then brought in a trash bag and pit him in it and tied it up and took him outside. Hmmmm I move my plants around often as I water in the sink.... bad? The pic you blew up was the first one taken, the second was the last one take. Very little moving around at that point - I was already quite sure of what I was seeing....

Thanks for running quick when I called out HIE !
I almost lost my manners in my panic.
XOX

Auto males show at 2 weeks, females 3 weeks.

Give or take a few days depending on your set up.

Lesson learnt ;)

You got that right - man I wish I could learn from reading instead of first hand .......:eek:
I just believed I had fem seeds - because I bought fem seeds. Hmmmmm I was way distracted on the WW drama.
So when you bred - how far along were the males when their pollen sacks opened?

big sigh of relief - just as much for the WW as the other autos.... thanks HIE!
Another experience I can now cross off my list of things I've never done - spotted a male. Are we having fun yet?:rolleyes:
Thank you for your help Hippy. :D

You usually wind up learning the most on the fly when it happens to you...reading is great but first hand experience trumps all else...I guess you cld call it earning your stripes....:)

LOL...PFC OHC! At least you caught it before they opened. I think that they should put a disclaimer on the seed packet that fem seeds does not guarantee it to be fem. It is misleading, and in your case almost detrimental. I know when Dutch Passion first started makeing the fem seeds they would say they were 99% female, that way people knew that there was still a chance of getting a male in the pack. I guess that has all changed over the yrs.

This is the first I have heard about if getting a male from fem seeds that it is a hermi. I don't mess with femenized seeds though, so I have not done much research on them. Is this the case with all fem seeds? If you get a male out of a pack it is a hermi? Or is this just a trait of the auto's? I can't see that it would only be true with auto's but had to ask, just because I had never heard this before.

legalize_freedom said:
LOL...PFC OHC! At least you caught it before they opened. I think that they should put a disclaimer on the seed packet that fem seeds does not guarantee it to be fem. It is misleading, and in your case almost detrimental. I know when Dutch Passion first started makeing the fem seeds they would say they were 99% female, that way people knew that there was still a chance of getting a male in the pack. I guess that has all changed over the yrs.

This is the first I have heard about if getting a male from fem seeds that it is a hermi. I don't mess with femenized seeds though, so I have not done much research on them. Is this the case with all fem seeds? If you get a male out of a pack it is a hermi? Or is this just a trait of the auto's? I can't see that it would only be true with auto's but had to ask, just because I had never heard this before.

You got me - I'm stumped - he showed as a male with no known pistols so can't say it was a hermie? BUT because it's from fem seeds I have to assume it carries that trate. Never no mind his balls are blue now either way. Movin' right along......hup two three four.

Off to spray down the remaining 4 plants just in case.......

you really did'nt know a fem bean would turn on ya? sheesh...watch 'em now, closely over next week, week and a half...anytime you suspect male activity in your flowering room, immediately turn off all fans, including ventilation, back out of room, retrieve spray mister bottle, and mist entire flower room down til water drips from plants. spray mist lightly over entire surface of grow room walls also. leave stand 30 minutes or so, then turn on fans, and vent. ststem. then remove all clothing, and put in wash, and fill with water. then shower. this is the way we ensure there is no chance for transfer later...none looked open to me...i know your first instinct is to grab the offender, and remove it immediately, but now you know to stop, think first, then act...

how do you do your 12/12, 'tween two different strains? i mean, i know you have a tent. do you have two? do you remove the ww from the tent , and put it where???

Well - no - I knew hermies down the line were a threat but not a male out of the gate.....One tent. Yes - I put her in the bathroom over night.... sorta sloppy but I couldn't decide between the two grows on which should go under the T5s so I chose neither and have this crazy complicated alarm system. I've got a fan in there for circulation and a reg bathroom exhaust. If someone told me to choose, I'd pick the autos to go with the HO T5s.

Oh, Jeez, OHC. I'm weeping for you. And bracing myself for what may come with my autos. Sheesh, this is just horrible news about the hermie. You've had way too much stress lately, gal. Glad to see you put worry on the back burner for a bit and caught a nice buzz. You deserve it.

Big hugs, sweetie.

mojavemama said:
Oh, Jeez, OHC. I'm weeping for you. And bracing myself for what may come with my autos. Sheesh, this is just horrible news about the hermie. You've had way too much stress lately, gal. Glad to see you put worry on the back burner for a bit and caught a nice buzz. You deserve it.

Big hugs, sweetie.
No worries MoMama - I didn't flinch - chucked that twig out without a moments hesitation. This ain't no boys school I'm runnin'. No tears spilled over a wayward rogue. Looking forward to an update on your lil ones ;).

Latest posts

Back