Automatic topping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daiwa13

Daiwa13
Reaction score
So this crazy Mex bag seed (lime green sticky mex), topped itself 2-3 weeks into its life. I have never seen this, is this a good trait to have? Looks sativa'ish but bushy.

i mean why would it be bad? lol, yea it is but, who knows it could be a very small chance ud carry it over, orr maybe thats just wat it does. was it sum good bud u got it out of?

It was some killer mexi, Called it mexi-chron back in the day. Its about 6 year old stock, I have confidence in this seed as a good strain. Let me see if I can get a pic.... Haaa, no not sponsored by daiwa yet...

Daiwa13 said:
So this crazy Mex bag seed (lime green sticky mex), topped itself 2-3 weeks into its life. I have never seen this, is this a good trait to have? Looks sativa'ish but bushy.

How 'bout those pics? You mean the mainstem stopped growing on it's own and the upper most 2 nodes took off like mainstems? Loco Mexicano, si? Gotta see this...

I am game. I will do the smoke report, no problemo. I will be out by the curb in my camo lawn chair

im doing my first ever grow at the moment and out of 5 bag seed i had one plant which did exactly what you described it split in to 2 main stems by itself and they where exact copies of each other everything was identical

I thought my plants were watering themselves, until I realized my 3 year old daughter's been giving me a hand...
Are U sure U kids didn't pinch a sample :hubba:

nikimadritista said:
I thought my plants were watering themselves, until I realized my 3 year old daughter's been giving me a hand...
Are U sure U kids didn't pinch a sample :hubba:

Now that's some funny stuff there Niki!

As to the original post- Daiwa13 (nice reels btw)- do you mean the main stem just split?

believe what you will but i did not touch my plant it did it all itself and i cant explain why but hey its good for me:D

evz355 said:
believe what you will but i did not touch my plant it did it all itself and i cant explain why but hey its good for me:D

I don't think that comment was directed at you. Topping a plant is a good thing I believe naturally or if you do it yourself. I hear alot of people here say about not topping your plant untill it reaches a certain age but I have been topping plants since they come out with their first fan leaves since as long as I can remember. Maybe because I am so far north I have had more successful attempts at it. I find if you dont mind stunting your growth for a day or 2 if you cut off one of the first 2 fan leaves it causes the plant to grow 2 shoots right from the start. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back