Bad water = no pop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smotpoker

Reaction score
My tap water has a pretty strong Chlorine type smell and I had little to no success getting seeds to pop before switching to bottled water... Is this a coincidence?

Nope, bad, bad...not a coincidence, use distilled water...if you let your tap water sit in an open container for at least 24 hours the chlorine should all be evaporated...still use distilled though...

To remove chlorine quickly and easily, go to a fish supply store and
purchase dechlorinator. The cheap brands are as good as the expensive
ones.

Be sure to check with water company and ask what they treat their water with...There are worste things in there then chlorine you don't know..This is why I use only Distilled and rain water...Good luck my Friend

Buy one of those Pur 3 way water filters that go right on your sink. Those things rock! I used to have bad ph problems with my water. After i put that on my water styas around 6.5 to 7. They are pretty cheap aswell $30-40 i think.

That's what I've been using, a faucet filter. I don't really know how effective it is for chlorine. But I've also read a normal amount of chlorine is beneficial for seed prop. But if you're smelling it strongly, something is wrong! I wouldn't use it on plants and I wouldn't drink it, either.

i have a water filtered system right by my sink i use, it takes friggin for ever to fill up the gallons, but its way way better than my tap water.

ya gonna have to agree with others here, distilled is good sometimes it can be bad tho it has trace minerals that can screw with things in certain situations , 95% of the time its miracle water...

Latest posts

Back