bag around tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk_michael

Reaction score
why dont people just put plastic bag around tent for co2
(larger tents with ac and rh control)

really don't get what your talking about plastic bag over tent ??? most tents are made fine threads or plastics which tend to really not be completely sealed and dealing with c02 and tents most growers have them in there apartments , bedrooms so unless you got wall mounted c02 detectors you just moght one day not wake up or your family pet or even worse a family member try explaining that to the coppers

people say the co2 leaks in tents badly so I am asking if anyone throw big bag around tent to help hold co2 in :p seems safer and more efficient.

DrFever said:
really don't get what your talking about plastic bag over tent ??? most tents are made fine threads or plastics which tend to really not be completely sealed

Hence the Bag around it :p

I am not sure what kind of bag you could throw up around your tent that would be air tight? How would that work? How would you get in and out? How would you assure that it is airtight if tent makers cannot make tents air tight?

If you want to do CO2 and not do the entire room, I would simply build a box out of plywood with 2 x 2 or 2 x 4 framing and make it air tight. It seems a lot easier than trying to construct something out of plastic that probably would not be air tight.

Im sure plastic is air tight yes? as long as there are no holes get thick plasetic for it. you could put sheets together overlap and glue and tape Im sure then for the entrance you just tie it up like a bread bag im sure you could figure something out there then untie pull down over tent and have complete access just idea ( if you got co2 in there - no waste ac is in there im not planning on running vented hoods. Just a thought.

I thoguht it was a good idea guess everyone else thought it plain silly, :p

I don't know that I would say that I thought the idea was silly, I just don't believe that it will work. The idea is very problematic and probably not a good solution. Even though plastic is air tight, it does not come in a balloon shape that you can just put your tent into. You would have to build some like of framing to hold it up. Every place that it is secured becomes a place for CO2 to leak out. What about the corners, the floor, the door?

I just believe that if you want an air tight space that you are going to have to build it yourself. You could probably build something that would work with 3/8" plywood and some framing lumber. Caulk every joint, paint the interior flat white and you have a grow space that you can add CO2 to.

Latest posts

Back