Basement Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manels1111

Master Noob
Reaction score
Well my first grow is winding down in the next couple weeks. Anyhow I'm looking at converting to a basement grow this time. The basement is more like a cellar that you access from outside the house. No heating/air conditioning in it. It stays farely cool during the summer naturally. I just started 15 lowryder #2 seeds from Dr. Chronic.

Does a basement stay warmer naturally in the winter then the outside temps?
Also Do you think my light 600w HPS will keep my grow area warm enough?
If you think it will keep it warm enough do you think I might have to pump in cold air through the light during the winter?

in general...

heat rises so in the winter I would highly doubt that it would be warmer than the outside temps. imo

hope this helps.

Right but the ground is generally warmer then the air. The ground insulating the basement should keep temps warmer?

Anyone know for sure?

Right but I thought the ground is generally warmer then the air. The ground insulating the basement should keep temps warmer?

Anyone know for sure?

my basement stays pretty much the same,winter and summer.of course its somewhat cooler in the winter months.but during th summer it is nice and cool down there.i too am considering moving my grow tothe basement.the thing is there is not enough outlets down there to run all my gear.i would have to get an electrician to add some outlets.the breaker boxes are right next to where i want to set up tho.it would be alot easier to manage temps in the basement,winter or summer.i think my 2 400's would keep the frow area warm enough without having to heat the area.and my dryer vent is in the area i wish to use.so venting out would be no problem.and if i had o vent air in for cooling it would be easy also.hope this helps you some.

well im from up north and i know in the winter time my basment use to get cold as hell.so a 600 watt light should keep any grow room plenty warm.cant wait till i move back north next year then ill be working with a basment again

i love the basement idea.i live with my girlfriend,her house and it is a huge basement.nothing in it except the water softener,heat&ac unit,well pumpand tank and hot water heater.i really do not know the sq. ft. but the house is 2300 sq ft and the basement is almost as big as the house.it stays nice and cool in the summer.it would have to be better than upstairs,for temps.just the electrical issues i have.even has a sump for the water softener over flow.so i could use that to dump my res's.sure would like to move into the basement.hell i would live down there if it was finished.

Andy sign up for electrical classes at Home Depot. They are free and will give you all the knowledge you need to run two 20 amp circuits to your room.

Cool sounds about right. It only gets around 25 degrees a few times in the middle of the night during dead winter. Most the time the low's are around 40ish so I think I will be alright in the winter down there.

thanks buddyluv,never would have thought of that.i will check with home depot and see about that.

Latest posts

Back