Beautiful, beautiful Trich's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Six

Perfect smile..chronic...
Reaction score
Ok, i have a few questions here...but first the facts...im going on week 5 of flowering and my plants are poppin triches likes theres no tomorrow...unfortunately the buds are only about silver dollar size and maybe 2-3 inches tall....i attribute that to flourecent lights and poor soil mix...plus alot of other screw ups along the way (my first time)....

Question #1...is 5 weeks normally about the time trichs start showin up?

Question #2...how long after they show up do they start changing from clear to milky to amber?

Question #3 Is there hope that the buds will get larger or are they pretty much goona be this size?

Any insight is greatly appreciated...:watchplant:

#1 my Wonderberry is in veg,covered in trichs.So no

#2 The type/region of seed gives you a rough idea

#3Depends on what your doing!Mine swell in last couple weeks

1. i usually start seeing em earlier than that
a few weeks after 12/12.

2. be patient. and dont check often.
itll drive you crazy. trust me theyve got a while. weeks.

3. the buds always keep getting bigger during flower
the last few weeks is when the nugs get pumped

But, in your last thread im almost positive that Bombbudpuffa
nailed it. go look

OK, let's see how many different answers we can give:

1. 5 weeks is absolutely normal for trichs to start showing. Look in a few grow journals and you'll see what I mean, though it is strain specific so things will vary somewhat.

2. Could be 4 weeks, could be 6, could be 8. Really, really dependent on strain- if you're growing indica, less; if you're growing sativa- more.

3. The last few weeks, we all agree, is when the weight packs on- the first pic shows a decent sativa bud- the 2nd pic is about 3 weeks later- almost double the size.

Have patience my friend- good things do come to those who wait!

thedonofchronic said:
1. i usually start seeing em earlier than that
a few weeks after 12/12.

2. be patient. and dont check often.
itll drive you crazy. trust me theyve got a while. weeks.

3. the buds always keep getting bigger during flower
the last few weeks is when the nugs get pumped

But, in your last thread im almost positive that Bombbudpuffa
nailed it. go look

Ya, ive moved to a different fert...goona try a 2-15-15....was the closest i could find with no nitro without orderin off the net....that and ive picked up some blackstrap molasses...goona see if the myths are true, not that i have anything to compare it to....lol....

BBFan;

Can you fed-ex me the one on the right ? I'll cover shipping......haha......
i can only hope to grow 1/4 that..................
NICE WORK

BBFan said:
OK, let's see how many different answers we can give:

1. 5 weeks is absolutely normal for trichs to start showing. Look in a few grow journals and you'll see what I mean, though it is strain specific so things will vary somewhat.

2. Could be 4 weeks, could be 6, could be 8. Really, really dependent on strain- if you're growing indica, less; if you're growing sativa- more.

3. The last few weeks, we all agree, is when the weight packs on- the first pic shows a decent sativa bud- the 2nd pic is about 3 weeks later- almost double the size.

Have patience my friend- good things do come to those who wait!

Patience is soooooo hard...lol....3 sativas, 2 indicas....was merely a toss of the coin but that is the way it came out...workin with bag seed....good seed mind you, but bag none the less....didnt wanna invest in seeds until i get a couple of grows under my belt

mrkingford said:
BBFan;

Can you fed-ex me the one on the right ? I'll cover shipping......haha......
i can only hope to grow 1/4 that..................
NICE WORK

You realize i only asked for LEARNING purposes, i would send it back after inspecting it more closely..........hehe........;)

Mail to:
420 puff lane

Hi Six...

I'm doing a bagseed grow of some Mazar and have four different females grown from seed flowering and I'm on day 32 right now. I've always noticed that within strains individual phenos can vary quite a bit as far as trichome production. I always keep clones aside for potential mothers and flower at least 3-4 females of a new strain to find the plant with the best traits... most gooey, yield, flower time, etc...

I have one plant that already has mostly cloudy trichs on top and if I look enough I can even find a few amber and I don't think I've ever seen a plant develop this fast. I do have a couple of new wrinkles I'm trying to get a handle on in my grow setup since I last flowered in this closet a few years ago. I have a new UVB T12 lamp that I'm still trying to figure out how strong it is and how much the girls can take. And I'm using Bloombastic this time around and it's pretty impressive so far but the jury's still out...

Here's a couple pic's from tonight... The focus isn't great on the super closeup but you can see how cloudy they already are... And yes... it's getting harder by the day to be patient! With this being my first grow in several years my patience is pretty thin...

Happy Growing!

MazarBloom32_1.jpg

MazarBloom32_2.jpg

Six said:
Patience is soooooo hard...lol....3 sativas, 2 indicas....was merely a toss of the coin but that is the way it came out...workin with bag seed....good seed mind you, but bag none the less....didnt wanna invest in seeds until i get a couple of grows under my belt

Great idea testing your conditions on bagseed. Good luck with your grow.

Latest posts

Back