Beginner: Growing in an attic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cs11787

Reaction score
Hey guys Im a beginner and I just have one question. Do you guys think it would be ok to grow in an attic if I built a small sealed off room in there and vented it? I dont see how this would be any different than any other room but just thought id ask.

Of course you can grow in the attic! Why not? The only thing to keep in mind would be the temperatures. In an attic the temps can fluctuate alot more than in another room. Other than that, just make sure the room is light proof and bug proof. Put in some good air circulation and a light.....and plant your seed man. Good luck!

I actually know someone who is growing in an attic right now and it seems to be working just great for him. But yeah heat would be a big worry. Just make sure to make a good air flow through the whole thing.

Bugs is another giant thing.
I know someone that grew plants in a attic, and he got attacked by spider mites.
Make sure you lay down some sorta pesticid every in the grow room, remove the plants and spray, just to make sure.
If not, I dont know...I too might be growing in a attic with madd fluctating temps, so I am pretty interested.

If Im venting it do you guys think itd be ok just to have air coming in and out thats from the attic or find a way for air outside to come in? I will probably spray around the outside of the whole house, inside the house, and inside the attic, build the room in the attic, then spray around that too just to be safe. And for heat Ill be purchasing a portable air conditioner/heater/humidifier/air purifier.

cs11787 said:
If Im venting it do you guys think itd be ok just to have air coming in and out thats from the attic or find a way for air outside to come in? I will probably spray around the outside of the whole house, inside the house, and inside the attic, build the room in the attic, then spray around that too just to be safe. And for heat Ill be purchasing a portable air conditioner/heater/humidifier/air purifier.
if u can get some kinda air intake from out side that would be the best because if u use the air from in the attic u will just be using that humid and dusty air that's in there but other than that Ur plants should grow great in the attic good luck and i will be looking forward on watching this grow peace.

Thanks man. Im plannin on doin everything the right way and growin some bluberry (fem) and white widow (fem). Post if you guys have any other suggestions.

Latest posts

Back