best time to use HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_ss

Reaction score
What is the best time to use HPS? is it in 4 week or 6 ?

Thanks

i really dont even use a hps, untill i flower.
sometimes i vegg for the last 3 weeks of vegg with the HPS...then go into flowering.

but to answer your question: i would wait till week 6. Just because i have found that at 4 weeks, the small plants are easily hurt, due to Heat stress.
I like the plant to get big and strong, before i put it into harsher conditions.
and because my heat without HPS is @ 73.
then i add the hps, and its like 90+....so i try to keep ideal Temp as long as i can.

hps all the way from seed to harvest works great for me with very tight nodes

no, with th shield glass never. using a 425w

seedlings doing fine under hps at 6000 lums

If you have a MH or T5 for vegging than the HPS would best be used a week or 2 into flowering.
but if you dont have good light for vegging i would use it the hole grow.

thnks guys .. im using fluro lights now and im thinking to start using HPS now in the 3rd week do you recommend it..

red_ss said:
thnks guys .. im using fluro lights now and im thinking to start using HPS now in the 3rd week do you recommend it..

YES

So you think its better to use MH now in veg and then use HPS in 6th week? if its better i will do it because i bought the light engine and it work ok with both MH and HPS and the bulb is not to expensive i can get both each one cost about 20$

buy both MH and HPS and use MH for veg

Latest posts

Back