best way to harvest pollen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenthumberish

Mexican...or Mexicant!
Reaction score
Alright, since i've never harvested pollen before, which is the best/cleanest way to do it? I have a male i put way on the other side of the property, and is flowering with pods opening here and there...so i want to get some pollen....since it's a real killer strain. comments appreciated!

Collect the pollen in a ziplock bag. If you want to transfer it to a film container and store it in the fridge. It should be good for at least 6 months like that.

Collect it how, shake the plant in the bag? Thanks for the tip though, figured on storing it already tho ;) Just dont know the best way to go about taking it off the plant without making a huge mess

You got it! :)

Or pull flowers off 1 at a time with tweezers and drop in a container.

greenthumberish said:
Alright, since i've never harvested pollen before, which is the best/cleanest way to do it? I have a male i put way on the other side of the property, and is flowering with pods opening here and there...so i want to get some pollen....since it's a real killer strain. comments appreciated!

Hello my friend..I cant give ya the best way..but can tell ya how i did it...I took a papper bowl..( I shop cosco..hehe.) and hold under the lower branch...take a long poker things..and gently tap the branch..pollen falls into bowl..not all but a lot..working my way up the plant untill i get to top..I do this twice a day when he starts popping good...then i put in a film case..and in frezzer...Hope this helps..take care and be safe..oh i hope the Ladies are not on the wind patern of that male...that Pollen can travel..a long ways..IMO..I would take enough pollen you need to do what ya want..and chop him..thats just my thaughts..

4u2sm0ke said:
Hello my friend..I cant give ya the best way..but can tell ya how i did it...I took a papper bowl..( I shop cosco..hehe.) and hold under the lower branch...take a long poker things..and gently tap the branch..pollen falls into bowl..not all but a lot..working my way up the plant untill i get to top..I do this twice a day when he starts popping good...then i put in a film case..and in frezzer...Hope this helps..take care and be safe..oh i hope the Ladies are not on the wind patern of that male...that Pollen can travel..a long ways..IMO..I would take enough pollen you need to do what ya want..and chop him..thats just my thaughts..

Sounds like a plan! Thanks ;) I had already planned on executing it after I collected the pollen...and about the wind, nah it's in a corner of the yard that's blocked by bushes, and fences, so hardly any wind brushes the leaves ;) Thanks again!

EXTREME care should be taken when dealing with pollen, you dont want to pollenate the wrong plants on accident.

I would wait until they are just splitting open, then put a bag around the branch, and shake, then take the same bag and put it on the branch to be seeded.

i would even mist the surrounding foliage to kill and "runners" that may threaten your sensimilla.

Latest posts

Back