best way to keep my bud?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspliffy

Reaction score
i'm due to harvest pretty soon and anticipate around 4-5 oz.its for personal only and am wondering whats the best way to keep my bud in the hope of keeping it as fresh as possible.this should be enough to last me three months at least.shall i keep it in jars or freeze some.all opinions welcome

right on newbud.

Mrspliffy, mason jars make a great airtight way to keep your buds staying fresh year round.

just make sure to open the jars once a day for the first couple weeks to keep em from molding.

i gotta few mason jars ready bro,will it keep in these fresh for a few months if i keep it in darkness?
once dry do ya have to keep "burping "the jars

Once dry should be no need to burp and bud will keep for as long as you need it in those jars, not like its gona be around long enough to go off now is it lol

Oh yeah i used to have that avatar too lol

Hello Mrspliffy :)

Once dry it is dry so doesnt need burping, it would be a good idea to put a sachet of desiccant silica in the jar to remove any last remnants of moisture ;)

It will keep for a couple of years if you want it to :aok:

:peace:

Silica_Gel_Desiccant.jpg

Hick said:
.. oh but it probably IS!...

Don't get me started Hick!

I had a few jars left over from a Spring '08 grow that I forgot about. Both jars were from the same grow, chopped the same time, bagged and jarred at the same time.
1 jar smelled fine when I opened it after probably 6 months, the other smelled odd, kind of pungent. It doesn't smell like mold, but don't want to take any chances.
I guess my point is if you're not sure (by using a meter) on how dry your bud is- it wouldn't hurt to burp them every week or so.

I know it aint,,but I could swear my weed is getting better as it cures.

I sure i've read it does as the thc and other things ( i not slept n am a newb basically lol ) undergoes chemical changes through the curing process

mrspliffy said:
i'm due to harvest pretty soon and anticipate around 4-5 oz.its for personal only and am wondering whats the best way to keep my bud in the hope of keeping it as fresh as possible.this should be enough to last me three months at least.shall i keep it in jars or freeze some.all opinions welcome

There are some good stickies in the Havesting and Curing section. I'm days out from harvest and reading everything I can get my paws on about harvesting and curing. God luck.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Mrspliffy :)

Once dry it is dry so doesnt need burping, it would be a good idea to put a sachet of desiccant silica in the jar to remove any last remnants of moisture ;)

It will keep for a couple of years if you want it to :aok:

:peace:

Hippy, i never thought of that. thanks.

peace
SSH

Latest posts

Back