Bongo's BOMB Newb Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to go to the MH without a problem at this point.

I used MH every day of vegging on my first grow and nearly fried them at the start, but once they were a few weeks old (like yours), they loved the MH.

Thanks Mindtrip. :farm:

I have been reading plenty about trimming and I have decided not to trim. Photothiniisis '"' spelling"'" . Less yield with better taste and strength.

I may LST for an even canopy if I need to. If I don't I won't. I'm not cloning this 1st grow either. I'm taking THG's advise and keep it simple. :farm:

If i we're you I'd take clones just in case you find that jack bang pow pheno!

When you take clones take shoots that are near the bottom of the plant, they root much better. And label them according to plant for example if you have plant A,B,C. Then label the close that came from each, cloneA, clone B cloneC. Once rooted place them in veg while the other plants finish flowering. When plants in the flower room are done move clones into the flower room. Once the first set of plants are dry and cured you can then determine which plant you like the best according to smell, taste, structure, and high. You will then take all clones from that plant only and this is how you hunt for a good pheno. You might decide that they were all no good, and want to try again. Or you may find a couple that you like. It's all the thrill of the hunt! Green mojo! And here's to a good pheno! :aok:

Thanks for the good info HighBrix. If your gonna do it, do it right. Happy Pheno to you tooo. :farm:

Plants are looking very healthy. The smallest of the 3 looks like it may be showing sex. Looks like a lovely Lady of 34 days of age. I'm no expert but I think they need a bit more vegging. Week or 2 maybe. :confused2: I'm in no hurry.

I'm almost finished with the flower area. 1 more coat of flat white and I'm finished in plenty of time to spare.

I can see now, after all the equipment was installed there's not much room left. I hate to say you told me so. :eek: :eek: I think I may put 2 into flower and leave 1 in veg for a while as the others flower.

I also like HighBrix's idea of 3 clones. I still have a week or 2 to decide. :farm:

I've been thinkin'.. OOOOhhh that's dangerous. Anyway, this is kinda like a grow journal. Maybe one of the mods could switch me over to the grow journal section and call it something like "Bongo's BOMB newb grow :farm: ". Or something similar. :D

If you want to learn what NOT to do in a grow, then this is the thread for you. :farm: :aok: My peeps set me straight.

Looks like I ran into a problem. Just a review of what I did was I gave the plants 1/4 nutes. Let them go for about 3.5 days and watered again with 1/4 nutes again. let them go for about 4 full days trying the wet dry period. Everything looks great so far. Watered again with regular rain water which I have been using from day 1. Checked yesterday and the soil still seemed a little moist and plants looked ok. I let them go until today, the 5th day and the plants were slightly wilted and one plant had a few leaves like this.

I watered again with 1/2 nutes today.

I guess I have been doing a lot of reading and not everything you read is correct. I know now that 5 days is way too long between watering. I'm worried about the leaf condition.

They are still in veg under the fluro's after 37 days.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've been thinkin'.. OOOOhhh that's dangerous. Anyway, this is kinda like a grow journal. Maybe one of the mods could switch me over to the grow journal section and call it something like "Bongo's BOMB newb grow :farm: ". Or something similar. :D

If you want to learn what NOT to do in a grow, then this is the thread for you. :farm: :aok: My peeps set me straight.

I (think I) can change it for you...so let me give it a go and see if we can wind up with this in the grow journal section with the title Bongo's BOMB Newb Grow

I (think I) can change it for you...so let me give it a go and see if we can wind up with this in the grow journal section with the title Bongo's BOMB Newb Grow

Thanks THG :aok::aok: AWESOME.

I have the make up of the ROOTS organics I have been using.

ROOTS Budda Grow:

Bat GUANA
Kelp extracts (Ascophyilyum nodosum)
Soy protein hydrolynate
Molasses
Worm castings
Yucca extract
.025% humic acid (derived from leonarlite)
I may not have the spelling correct as I can hardly read the label because I can't find my magnifying glass. bummer

ROOTS Trinity: The guy at the plant food store said this made the plant use the nutes better. He said to use this as a stableizer (sp)

molasses
yucca extract
quillaja extract
kelp extract (Ascophyilyum nodosum)
soy protein hydrolysat
aloe extract
.075% humic acid (derived from leonarlite)

Now that I typed this out I see a lot of the ingredients are the same. I'm speachless.

Humidity 69% Temp 72

I didn't measure PH today but I will. Dang.

EDIT: He said to use this as a stableizer (sp) I meant to say catalyst.

Bongo, can you put up some pictures of the tops of the plants? Looking at new growth helps see where the plant is headed.

Yes, five days is too long in between. It varies depending on a lot of conditions, but I've found that about 2.5-3 days between watering works best for mine.

With organics, your Ph should not be an issue unless it is way out of whack.

Don't believe everything that the guys in the grow store tell you. Remember that they are salespeople and their first and foremost job is to get you to buy things....the more the better. Interesting that they do have the pretty much the same ingredients, but in different proportions. What did he mean by "stabilizer"?

Bongo, can you put up some pictures of the tops of the plants? Looking at new growth helps see where the plant is headed.

Yes, five days is too long in between. It varies depending on a lot of conditions, but I've found that about 2.5-3 days between watering works best for mine.

Yes it is. I was experimenting and it blew up on me. The plants look great except for the 1 plant has this burnt leaves thing.

Yes I can take some more pics mindtrip. give me a few. I just checked the ph at 65.

With organics, your Ph should not be an issue unless it is way out of whack.

Don't believe everything that the guys in the grow store tell you. Remember that they are salespeople and their first and foremost job is to get you to buy things....the more the better. Interesting that they do have the pretty much the same ingredients, but in different proportions. What did he mean by "stabilizer"?

CATALYST=Help the plant use the nutes he said. I've seen many of the other manufacturers of nutes has that 3rd bottle. Another newb mistake.

EDIT:

EDIT: He said to use this as a stableizer (sp) I meant to say catalyst.

1st pic is the affected plant.

then the other 2 plants.

Then all 3.

Thanks THG :aok::aok: AWESOME.

I have the make up of the ROOTS organics I have been using.

ROOTS Budda Grow:

Bat GUANA
Kelp extracts (Ascophyilyum nodosum)
Soy protein hydrolynate
Molasses
Worm castings
Yucca extract
.025% humic acid (derived from leonarlite)
I may not have the spelling correct as I can hardly read the label because I can't find my magnifying glass. bummer

ROOTS Trinity: The guy at the plant food store said this made the plant use the nutes better. He said to use this as a stableizer (sp)

molasses
yucca extract
quillaja extract
kelp extract (Ascophyilyum nodosum)
soy protein hydrolysat
aloe extract
.075% humic acid (derived from leonarlite)

Now that I typed this out I see a lot of the ingredients are the same. I'm speachless.

Humidity 69% Temp 72

I didn't measure PH today but I will. Dang.
Looks like you got a vegatative nute bottle and a bloom bottle, the trinity being bloom?
If you are running both together, I'm wondering what you ppms are?

Pic looks like selective burn, meaning that with the ph as high as it is you're not getting something's and way too much of others.

Let's try to get the ph stableized at around 5.8-6.2 drop the trinity out of the picture and up the other nutes to bring the color back around a lil.

Other than a lil confussion, looks like you're on the right track.

Another thought is the times between Waterings, seems a lil excessive, this lack of water and sudden nute uptake could also lend to the burning.

Looks like you got a vegatative nute bottle and a bloom bottle, the trinity being bloom?
If you are running both together, I'm wondering what you ppms are?

Pic looks like selective burn, meaning that with the ph as high as it is you're not getting something's and way too much of others.

Let's try to get the ph stableized at around 5.8-6.2 drop the trinity out of the picture and up the other nutes to bring the color back around a lil.

Other than a lil confussion, looks like you're on the right track.

Another thought is the times between Waterings, seems a lil excessive, this lack of water and sudden nute uptake could also lend to the burning.

Thanks lyfespan. I will drop the trinity and water every 3 days. Trinity is not bloom. I have Roots bloom but not used yet. I will post up the bloom ingredients a little later.

These are going under the HID lights soon.

should i use mycorrhizal? I was thinking about it.

Thanks lyfespan. I will drop the trinity and water every 3 days. Trinity is not bloom. I have Roots bloom but not used yet. I will post up the bloom ingredients a little later.

These are going under the HID lights soon.

should i use mycorrhizal? I was thinking about it.

Rule of thumb, fix one issue, once stable, then you can start adding things. Otherwise you'll never know where or what your issues stem from.

Rule of thumb, fix one issue, once stable, then you can start adding things. Otherwise you'll never know where or what your issues stem from.

LOL just like drag racing. I just got back from the plant store. I explained my issue and he said it is not nute burn but rather a lack of nutrients. He also said I do not need the mycorrhizal as it is added to the Fox Farms Happy Frog soil that I used.

He said I needed to buy nothing but rather use a full dose of nutes at the size my plants are which is 11".

Sorry. I had to leave in the middle of an explanation.

OK, at 11", which today it's more like a lack of nutes as I told him I started slow with 1/4 nutes, but at that time they were 7 or 8". Anyway he said it's time to add a full dose of nutes, no more no less.

He also said at 11" these plants will be 3' high at harvest, so the taller they get in veg the taller they will be at harvest.

I'm thinking of flipping these baby's tomorrow. They will be 39 days old 5 weeks 4 days. At the upper portion of the plants, where the base of the shoot meets the main stock, they have these like really skinny rabbit ears type things. Real small like maybe 1/8 or less.

I have some questions.

1. Do I water with nutes before or after I flip them?
2. How close to the 600 watt HID light should the plant be? I know the back of the hand method. I just want to get an idea.
3. Do you think i'm EXCITED?

Latest posts

Back