Bonzai!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozzydiodude said:
Mutt, How long can you grow a bonzai without trimming the roots in a 3.5 inch square by 1.5 inches deep?

Great looking plants :peace:
I don't know...about to find out LOL
That one hasn't been trimmed and been vegging for 4 months.

vegging 4 months in a 3.5' x 1.5inch deep pot??

Always a pleasure to take a look into your growroom Mutt! Keep us posted on your progress my friend. Take care and be safe.

Another peak of the flower :D and one of the girls outside.
I try to keep it perpetual harvest. I try for about 1-2 every 2 weeks. don't always work out when you got sat doms in there tho :rolleyes:
thanks for the compliments. :48:

Picture or Video 037.JPG

Picture or Video 046.jpg

Loosin the lower leaves...but that was expected. measuring up to 16" now.
Doin ok in the flower...got 4 strains going on so a lil hectic with the ht wierdness...runnin a 400w MH vert so usin 100% of the bulb just some wierd plant arranging in there...but this BM has full attention ;) Watering 1x a day...might even have to set up a drip feed for this one.

Picture 025.jpg

Mutt I'm with yeah on the different hieght wierdness, I was growing NL and C99 and I couldnt keep them both happy it was a nightmare! Lookin good other than that! What strains you got goin on?

Phatpharmer

:holysheep: is the one in the lill blue cup throwin buds ? in that lil cup:eek:
im guessin its a clone an not from seed?

The server is not liking me to upload for some reason was lucky to get that one pic to load...will try this post to get a 1/2 garden shot in i hope.
strains
A few K2's and a K2 male which is in the middle of a harem :p
C99
Blue Mystic
Juicy Fruit x C99
Ducksfoot99x (AK47/bubbleberry)
Plannin on a ton of seeded bud this grow :eek:
K2 is the male of choice this time :D

Picture 022.jpg

zipflip said:
:holysheep: is the one in the lill blue cup throwin buds ? in that lil cup:eek:
im guessin its a clone an not from seed?
hell ya thats a clone. be have to be the "lowryder ridin a bit lower" if that wa a seed. :p
that was my own lil experiment how much could i tame that tall lanky c99. :hubba:
Think i whooped it :D

So much for bonsai :rolleyes: just hit 22" :p measured exact soil dimensions 1-3/4"deep x 7" sq. with no root trimming and no drainage :holysheep:
plus a pic of that one zipflip seemed to like ;) C99 clone, tamed her good :p 3 months for a dime bag LOL

(on a side note....there is not one single chem fert or chem based product...doubt that this could be done with chem, salt build up...actually have a couple living worms in there...:eek: ) does take a lot of freakin work to keep her happy. I am top dressing on everage of 1x a week quit using perlite and verm all together. just straight compost now. Microbes just chewin the heck out the teas and compost. :D

thanks everyone for following along :D

oh and a pic of the Ducksfoot99 x (ak47/bubble berry) :hubba: i'm likin her.

P.S. sorry for the blurry pics...my cam is on the way out i think. :eek:

008.JPG

009.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

011.JPG

3 months for a dime bag LOL
sounds like every one my girls last harvest lol

thanks for sharin the pix mutt. im really diggin the whole bonzai thing now that i got my own goin too.
hey i was curious. me and NB were discussin the whole root trimming thing for keepin moms (bonsai) and i thought i recalled reading somewhere but cannot for the life of me find it or remember where but wats your take on root trimming of sat's or sat dom's? i think i read that sat's dont take well to root trimmings... true?
cuz i got one clone now thati took of an only lonely single girl in my bunch and i so wanna keep her goin as a mom but the only way for me to do so is to do liek im doin wit my other bonzai mom now. but i fear trimmin her roots is all.
thaks mutt.

Gotta be a lil more careful and some B1 supplement (superthrive/thrivealive...i prefer thrive alive..no growth hormones) with a shot of some high PK fert..never ever ever take more than 50% of the root mass IMO about 1/3 max per cutting. try to leave main tap root unharmed too ;) I root rinse myself get the roots fluffed out and give a hair cut deal. not like in the one how to one the net where you just hack into it.
1 thing i did notice is sats unlike indies do continue a vigorous growth of roots in the begin early to mid flower so trimming is a must. but sats are just picky picky picky. IME
plus with clones much much easier to control and root trimming isn't as critical as like with a seed start which are a nightmare to control.... :eek:

oh boy do i have my work cut out for me then! lol.
but thaks for that lil bit of info. its just wat i needed to know too.
so then i assume givein her a shot of the high PK fert just after the root trim and none there after?
as well wit the thrive alive?
i actually thinkin of orderin some liquid kool bloom 0-10-10 to use my last part of flower on my current flowerin maidens. somethin liek that woudl work?
i'lll try findin some thrive alive as wel .
i really do not wanna lose her. i just gotta keep her goin. and the donor of the clone i took is in flower 4wks now and omg is she just stanky as sin. i mean like really hashy smelling imo.
the seed was from a bag of some wild shwag.(lol yes shwag) but the best shwag i ever had in my life.
heres picz of her and her clone im plannin on tryin to bonzai out after i can get at least 2 more cuts off the clone goin now. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42207&page=6
last post on page. 1st 2 pix are her and the 3rd pic is her clone im gona attempt bonzai'n up for mom.

Before you trim. give it a good shot wait a few days for that to uptake then trim ;)
...the high PK helps both root growth and helps heal faster B1 helps it recover faster i think...i just know that stuff works...not why never bothered to read up on it LOL too much other stuff to figure out why and how. ;)
Shot after won't hurt either ;) just remember to go lower on ferts after the trim to see what happens always easier to correct a def. than an overdose ;)

im a order some kool bloom and B! tonite so its here when im ready to put her under the knife :)
i noticed there a diff between the dry and liquid kool bloom in the NPK the dry is somethin like 2-45-28
and teh liquid like 0-10-10 ya think any special pref's or either or really?

zipflip said:
and teh liquid like 0-10-10 ya think any special pref's or either or really?

Be totally honest bro..can't tell ya what i do....its just too crazy. LOL I have such an abstract fert type method and whats worse its 100% free LOL
those are the proportions ya want ;) but as far as kool bloom and such....never used it.
Everything I use is at hand and as much of it as i could ever need. Sorta off the land type here ;)
My main main ingredient is horse poo LOL even take some of his sweet feed and put in the compost...full of mollassas grain barley and other goodies ;)
Got greensand in there, bat seabird fish egshells potatos hardwood ash mushroom compost, spent/contamed mycellium (can't elaborate here on that) list goes on and on and on. I really try for total pasive nutrient availability "law of minimums" deal ;) ), let the plant take what it needs. soil layering. hell with MG 3 mos crap....mine is reused ;) been 6 months in this pot LOL just add to it like ;)
I'm not good enough with organics to give too much detail, will when i find the perfect blend that works on every plant LOL but mainly its composty top dressing and my fav stuff FF big bloom LOL That stuff works great for a microbial booster...like givin them speed :p ...ok ok 95% free :p
ben scared to add it but might need to start getting into blood meal and bone meal...ewww don't like the thought of all the wierd crap that could be in it.
soprry rambling and gettin a lil drunk.

Edit: worm castings too ;)

Sorta off the land type here

Be totally honest bro..can't tell ya what i do....its just too crazy. LOL I have such an abstract fert type method and whats worse its 100% free LOL
hey its cool. your prolly right tho. if it alot to do or watevr it'd prolly just confuse me wit info overload as i tend to get at times wit most new things learning them.
i cant walk an chew bubblegum at the same time sum days LMAO.

but i almost forgot, you all bout the organics huh? i aint got that way just yet anyway. im still doin bsics myself. i just dont wanna get in over my head just yet. this way as i work my way up the world of growing i'll have done most lil bit of everythin and thus will prolly make life a whle hella lot easier for me in the future if ya know wat im sayin..
so yeah i guess im just lookin basics to get from point A to point without any horrendous speedbumps along the way mostly is all.
but i'm gettin the kool bloom either way as i wana try it on few my current girls as they finish up they last round in flowering. jusst play round a lil bit is all mostly.:)

Yeah dude, i turned to organics and never looked back...stuff in the big pots grow themselves outdoor just keep on eye on the rain. Dig big enough hole with a good soil mix and you can just walk away almost...almost :p deer bugs, drought, rippers and other factors screw it all up :rolleyes:
Small pots are tricky no matter what, but bigger with LO is a cake walk and litterally dirt cheap...1/2 the stuff you toss down the garbage disposal is pay dirt when it comes to growing ;)
My outdoor has been organic since day way one back when i was young, but indoor chems and premixes were far easier to start with until you learn to read the plant ;)
Thanks for taking an interest zip :D glad to have someone grab a chair for a grow of mine :)

Latest posts

Back