Brown spots on leaves, young plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ataraxia

Organic Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm growing indoor under 250W HPS and the plant in question is potted in MG Organic Choice soil with perlite. I have added no nutrients yet, and the plant's current age is 20 days old. I noticed some slight yellowing on the lower leaves about a week ago and added some lime to the soil as suggested by bombbudpuffa. They yellowing appeared to subside a little bit, but now there's brown spots on one leaf, and another leaf is almost totally brown and curling up. Can somebody please tell me what's causing this, or what I can do to help make it better?

pics below

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

Looks like you got Phosporous defficiency. However i can't really tell .. What is the pH ataraxia?

Thanks for lookin in Mr. Wakenbake. I'm not absolutely sure of the pH, my meter is in the mail, (shipping from Australia, and taking it's sweet time). I water with Reverse Osmosis water with a pH of 7 which I know by pH test strips. That's the best I can do for now. If it is indeed a phosphorous deffeciency, what can I do to add just phosphorous? Is it common to have a deffeciency this early? Well, I guess it is 20 days old, just kinda small. Should I add some type of nutrient solution? I have Botanicare 3-1.5-4, Tetracycle .03-.002-.03, and Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 at my disposal to use for organics right now. Is there any simple organic way to boost phosphorous?

Thanks

It could also be the Mg soil. Although some people have good results with it, I think for most, it causes nothing but problems.

I repotted the sick plant as gently as I could, and hopefully it responds well. After seeing her problems, I repotted her week younger sister into Fox Farm Ocean forest with great results. It's now my biggest plant. No improvement yet with the sick one, but it's only been a day in the new soil. Hoping for the best. Thanks for the input everyone

like i told other growers in these forums it came to my sense, same thing to my plants, i realized what i done, i feed them with my water from sink in past, i gets these yellow spots, brown, too, i did tested it with fresh bottled water, i see no brown no yellow, so it came from chlorine to prevent it, use bottle water please, u want grow best buds, use bottled water and u can sleep good tonight and again tomorrow sleep good too

Latest posts

Back