Bubbling nute solution to raise PH??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Junior Grower
Reaction score
I know I read it here, but I can't find it. Can anyone please explain this technique for me?

i dont believe that statement is accurate, get some ph up. think about dwc bubblers.

the ph of tap water will rise slightly when left out due to the chlorine evaporating.

HIya Jman...

How goes it? Here's some info that I posted on another thread that I found by searching through posts regarding bubbling organic nutes for ph adjustment:

I'm growing organic... well maybe not according to OMRI since I'm using PureBlend Pro... lol... I've had great success with bubbling my nutes with airstones to raise the ph since I read the suggestion on a forum recently. I'm guess that the increased levels of oxygen speed up microbial activity and the ph raises. I've also seen posts here from growers who have tried airstones with non organic nutes and they didn't have any luck with bubbling. The more volume you have the longer it takes. A couple of gallons usually takes me 4-6 hours of bubbling to raise ph from around 5.4 up to 6.3 and 24 hours or more for 5 gal batches of nutes. Once the ph starts rising you'll want to keep an eye on it from time to time so you can unplug the pump when it reaches your desired ph. Once the bubbling has stopped the ph will very slowly start go back down a bit IME.

Happy Growing!:cool:

Latest posts

Back