buds dont seem to be growing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loups

Reaction score
this plant has been very bitchy, first it got this black death thing and now the buds dont even seem to be growing, they have stopped at 3 weeks of flowering and are content in not changing, if you have any idea what this could be please let me know

little more info?
what is this black death thing
what are you feeding them
lights temp
how long have they "not been changing" for
etc etc

try to provide as much info as possible when asking for help (especially when there's no picture)

are you sure it's not just you? i swear mine don't seem to be growing much either, but that's probably cause keep i checking on them so often.

the black death was when the leaves and foliage around the buds turned brown and black and i clipped all of the infected off.
i feed them miracle grow every two weeks
lights im not sure about the temp but i have one 24'' flourescent and a 24'' ottlite and a regular UV bulb inside of a closet and i made sure its not burning them
they havent been changing for like 2 weeks, water is in check too

How are you growing the plant?

How often are you watering it?

How old is it?

How tall is it?

Can you get pictures to us?

A picture would help but you dont have enough light.

Im sure whatever your balck death was is still causing some problem.

im growing it in miracle grow soil, i water it when ever i stick my finger in and it feels a bit dry and the top isnt moist anymore, its about 3 1/2 - 4 months old and its 2 feet tall

and im pretty sure theres enough light its a tiny closet and i have foil lining on the walls until i can buy some mylar

Is the soil pre nuted?

The kind that feeds for say 2 or 3 months?

Did the leaves start to have yellowish brown edges before they died or did they go pale green and then died?

yeah it has the pre nutr.
they just kinda seem to roll up a little and then turn yellow and die, and some do just turn green and crisp, they are a good 6 inches away from lights and they didnt feel hot

but i did have them in my cellar before i moved them up stairs it was really dark down there for them, i thought it was stress and they would recover but they never did

all my other plants are doing fine but the budding one

I agree a picture would help. Also if your using floros then you need to have them as close as you can get. If you can touch the bulbs and not get burned than you can probably get them within an .5-1 inch from the tops. Also i wouldn't water with anything but water and also. Around 2-3 week mark of flower a plant stops growing in size and concentrates on buds. So give it a little moor time to adjust and it will go. You might need moor lighting to flower successfully. Id get as many CFLs in there as you can..

i agree,you should get a better light,youre pretty lucky if you can get fat buds under flours.if you can get your hands on a hps,i'd highly recommend it. i think they go through g rowth spurts cuz i always notice my plants slowing down in growth like that..but a couple weeks later they'll just start takin off again.make sure your temps are good,make sure your givin the plants fresh air/co2. also,be careful with the miracle grow,if your feeding them too much of that,it'll stress them out.a pic would help you out alot though.

i dont have a camera
the soil is outof nutrients my plants started to get purple stems wich i think is phosphate deficiency so i gave them some, ive only fed them twice and i water them in between that to prevent nute burn

well i have one flourescnt and the other two are ottlites you should look them up on google they are alright i think they are okay
how much are hps lights

i was just taking a closer look at the buds and the leaves are starting to turn brown and curl down from the apex down

out of curiosity, were they outside or somewhere else before? or have they spent their whole life in that setup?
if it's the prior, they're obviously not liking it in there (how long have they been in there?)
if it's the latter, i dunno why they're all the sudden going south, have you done anything (anything at all) differently?

is the browning at the top, bottom, or everywhere?

Latest posts

Back