Bugus Monkey's new and improved puzzle basement and various ramblings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These were taken with just the service light on, no flash. And yes, I remembered to turn it off before I walked out.

Attachments

• 25OctC99.jpeg
    25OctC99.jpeg
    551.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 25OctVHa.jpeg
    25OctVHa.jpeg
    580 KB · Views: 0
  • 25OctGM.jpeg
    25OctGM.jpeg
    532.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 25OctVH.jpeg
    25OctVH.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 0
Found a couple of pecker gnats. I'm not going to freak out just yet. Do still have at least 6 to 8 weeks to go. I'm planning a surprise attack on them tomorrow. Getting ready to search old threads and do some googling.

Attachments

• Trichs.c.jpg
    Trichs.c.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Trichs.a.jpg
    Trichs.a.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
Rather than type it out myself this is pretty much what can be done.

How to Prevent Fungus Gnats in Cannabis Plants​

Prevention is always better than treatment when it comes to protecting your cannabis plants from pests like fungus gnats. Here are some steps you can take to prevent an infestation:

1. Control Soil Moisture​

Fungus gnats are attracted to wet, humid conditions. Therefore, it is essential to maintain proper moisture levels in your growing medium. Allow the top layer of your soil to dry out between waterings and ensure adequate drainage to discourage fungus gnat infestations.

2. Use Yellow Sticky Traps​

Yellow sticky traps are an effective method for monitoring and controlling adult fungus gnats. Place these traps around your plants to catch any adult gnats that may be present. Regularly inspect the traps to assess the severity of the infestation and gauge the effectiveness of your pest control measures.

3. Sterilize Your Soil​

Fungus gnat eggs and larvae may already be present in store-bought soil. To eliminate this risk, sterilize your soil by baking it in the oven at 82-93°C for at least 30 minutes. This will kill off any eggs, larvae, and other harmful organisms that may be hiding in the soil.

4. Use Soil Covers​

Covering the soil surface with a layer of sand, gravel, or perlite can help prevent fungus gnats from laying eggs and breeding in your cannabis plants. This barrier also makes it more difficult for adult gnats to access the soil, reducing their ability to lay eggs and reproduce.

5. Maintain Good Hygiene in Your Grow Area​

Keeping your grow area clean and free of decaying plant matter is essential for preventing fungus gnat infestations. Remove any dead leaves, stems, or other organic debris from your plants and growing area regularly. This reduces the amount of food available for the fungus gnats and their larvae, making your plants less attractive to these pests.

How to Eliminate Fungus Gnats from Cannabis Plants​

If you already have a fungus gnat infestation in your cannabis plants, don't worry - there are several ways to eliminate these pests and restore your plants to good health.

1. Water Less Frequently​

The first and most important step to getting rid of fungus gnats is to adjust your watering routine. Allowing the soil to dry out fully between waterings can help eliminate the moist conditions that these pests thrive in. In most cases, reducing the frequency of watering will be enough to resolve the fungus gnat problem.

2. Use Yellow Sticky Traps​

As mentioned earlier, yellow sticky traps are an effective method for monitoring and controlling adult fungus gnats. Place these traps around your plants to catch any adult gnats that may be present. Regularly inspect the traps to assess the severity of the infestation and gauge the effectiveness of your pest control measures.

3. Apply Neem Oil​

Neem oil is a natural insecticide that can help control fungus gnat infestations. Treat the top layer of your soil with neem oil to eliminate the larvae and prevent further reproduction. Neem oil can also be used as a preventative measure to keep fungus gnats at bay.

4. Use Diatomaceous Earth​

Diatomaceous earth is a natural, non-toxic substance that can effectively kill fungus gnats and their larvae. Sprinkle a layer of food-grade diatomaceous earth on the soil surface around your plants to control the infestation. This powdery substance works by puncturing the exoskeleton of the insects, causing them to dehydrate and die.

5. Introduce Beneficial Insects​

Beneficial insects, such as predatory mites (Hypoaspis Miles) or the beetle Atheta Coriaria, can help control fungus gnat infestations by feeding on the larvae. Introducing these natural predators into your growing environment can help keep fungus gnat populations in check and prevent future infestations.

6. Use Bacillus Thuringiensis Bacteria​

Bacillus thuringiensis (BT) is a naturally occurring soil bacterium that can be used to control fungus gnat larvae. There are several strains of BT available, with Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (BTi) being the most effective against fungus gnats. Add the bacteria to your watering solution to target and kill the larvae in the soil.

Conclusion​

Fungus gnats can be a significant problem for cannabis growers, but with the right prevention and control measures, you can keep these pests at bay and ensure a healthy, thriving crop. By maintaining proper soil moisture, using yellow sticky traps, and employing natural insecticides like neem oil and diatomaceous earth, you can protect your cannabis plants from these pesky insects and enjoy a bountiful harvest.

Attachments

• 1698578048243.gif
    1698578048243.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 0
I just got back from looking around in there. Lights out in about 30 minutes. I never found even one Gnat this am but I know they are there. I think I am going with yellow sticky traps. I found some online. As far as chopping. It should be 3 or 4 weeks on the C99 and Vader Haze, 4 to 5 on the Grimm Mints and 6 plus on my Snow Leopard. I am considering trying to re-veg this Vader Haze, make some clones and run it again. I will probably try one more indoor run before it gets warmer, and I am going to trade indoors for a possible outdoor guerilla this summer. I should have waited one more month before I started this one. Plus I got the other thread going. I been pretty sick with a sinus deal and am starting to get better today. Fixing to check my Gabagoo, I worry about them old blurples starting a fire. Why are they incased and have fans built into them. I may pull one apart and let it breath as an experiment if it will still work when I am done. Getting my thinking cap on and that can be dangerous.

I just got back from looking around in there. Lights out in about 30 minutes. I never found even one Gnat this am but I know they are there. I think I am going with yellow sticky traps. I found some online. As far as chopping. It should be 3 or 4 weeks on the C99 and Vader Haze, 4 to 5 on the Grimm Mints and 6 plus on my Snow Leopard. I am considering trying to re-veg this Vader Haze, make some clones and run it again. I will probably try one more indoor run before it gets warmer, and I am going to trade indoors for a possible outdoor guerilla this summer. I should have waited one more month before I started this one. Plus I got the other thread going. I been pretty sick with a sinus deal and am starting to get better today. Fixing to check my Gabagoo, I worry about them old blurples starting a fire. Why are they incased and have fans built into them. I may pull one apart and let it breath as an experiment if it will still work when I am done. Getting my thinking cap on and that can be dangerous.
I wonder about that too now that you say this
My old Mars Burples weigh in at 40 lbs on the 1600 watt
Has a thin steel case but a heavy thick glass over the diodes
Now I wonder if the glass can be removed to open the frame up and allow more cooling , The encloser may be designed to force air in and over components to force cooling along with the 4 fans it is running internally.

Keeping the de-humidifier running full tilt. I'm thinking thanksgiving itself. I am going to re-position that snow leopard, to me it looks to have at least 4 weeks left and I am highly considering leaving a couple pieces on the one that is all trichomed up and re-vegging it for clones. Nice internode spacing and it finished in a reasonable time. That is the one that smelled like Jagermeister - It now smells like extremely tart cherries. Almost like a halls cherry cough drop. C99's and (I had to go back through my notes) the Grimm Truffles are skunky with the GT the stinkiest. I have to say I'm disappointed with the Snow Leopard. But, like you said, it is filling in here at the end. I had hoped for better based on all the hype out on the web on it.

those c99’s are fast finishers , the ones we have grown are done around 52-63 days

i have only grown the Snow Leopard twice , outdoors , and they were the last to finish…

I didn’t think they would ever get done , but boy howdy , the last 2-4 weeks were crazy as this skinny fluffy flowers began to bulk up and get fat

fingers crossed that you have a decent harvest

I said they were last to finish , this one was harvested two days after this early October snow….

IMG_5849.jpeg

I been away for a minute - Just an update

So Far - The best, way and above is the Grimm Truffles. Tastes basically like straight hash, trim leaves turned dark black just before I cut it, smells like a chunk of hash. Buzz is a straight out brain scrambler. Start like 10 different mini projects at once and get nothing finished, then go veg on useless information on the net... It had bigger buds but also a really long internodal length - 8 inches+ all over. Next is the C99 - both of them - One is really deep almost RK skunk. The one that smelled like jagermeister (Vader Haze) ended up smelling almost like Halls Cherry Cough Drops. That was the one with all the trichomes. I said this before and I could be wrong but in my opinion only - There is more to the drug THC than just the trichomes themselves. A couple runs back I had one that was just as full of trichomes. It is OK, Pretty good stuff... It is not the best one out of the bunch, stoner wise. I went ahead and took the Snow Leopard. I needed the space. It smells like some excellent Columbian from years ago - that would be the best way for me to describe it. It's only been cut a day. Watch it turn out to be the most stoney of all.

Report is based on very early samples of low buds of side branches - most of the main pieces still have a lot of drying and curing to go.

I'll get some scope pictures up in a couple days.

Coffee and pinch hits in the AM... I'm buying.. Please charge it to my account at RichUncleRosterman.com - hahaha!!

I been away for a minute - Just an update

So Far - The best, way and above is the Grimm Truffles. Tastes basically like straight hash, trim leaves turned dark black just before I cut it, smells like a chunk of hash. Buzz is a straight out brain scrambler. Start like 10 different mini projects at once and get nothing finished, then go veg on useless information on the net... It had bigger buds but also a really long internodal length - 8 inches+ all over. Next is the C99 - both of them - One is really deep almost RK skunk. The one that smelled like jagermeister (Vader Haze) ended up smelling almost like Halls Cherry Cough Drops. That was the one with all the trichomes. I said this before and I could be wrong but in my opinion only - There is more to the drug THC than just the trichomes themselves. A couple runs back I had one that was just as full of trichomes. It is OK, Pretty good stuff... It is not the best one out of the bunch, stoner wise. I went ahead and took the Snow Leopard. I needed the space. It smells like some excellent Columbian from years ago - that would be the best way for me to describe it. It's only been cut a day. Watch it turn out to be the most stoney of all.

Report is based on very early samples of low buds of side branches - most of the main pieces still have a lot of drying and curing to go.

I'll get some scope pictures up in a couple days.

Coffee and pinch hits in the AM... I'm buying.. Please charge it to my account at RichUncleRosterman.com - hahaha!!
Love Ya Bro......... Glad it is coming together for you.
Weed sounds Wonderbra!. Rich Uncle I wish I had one LOL.
Maybe Monkey will adopt me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back