Bugus Monkey's new and improved puzzle basement and various ramblings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C99? I would even consider ordering somewhere so that everything matched up... Prefer a dirt farmer but doesn't have to be. I am a week from dropping seeds but could easily go today if need be. I just need to disinfect my room, do a little bleach wipe down, straighten up a little bit. Tidy up a bit.

Choices. Leaning towards GG4 by Elev8 - Fems OR XXX - Fems
BUT I also could do:
Another C99 run from Brothers Grimm - I just finished 2 of them, nice taste, smell, great high, nice structure, high trichome count, smooth smoke - Fems
Grape Afghani by 34 Mongrels Genetics - Fems
Star Fighter - Fems
Snow Leopard by Bodhi - Just finished one of these and I really enjoy the high - It is a late finisher but it's trichome count was off the charts, smooth smoking. - Reg
Grimm Truffles by BG - This was the stuff that turned black last run, nice smell, look and buzz. High trichome count. This one for some reason will make me cough up a lung - Fems
I got a bunch of other non fems, some autos both fem and non fem too, so many to pick from, hmmm.
Thinking one more run of fems, all out of the same package to get jars filled then do some regs.
Once I get the roots set decent, I am going to try Lucas Formula.

I was happy with the C99 on this last run. The one in the back had a slight RKS tinge to it, which sort of says not the original C from 99 but eh. Nice structure too. Leaning towards the GG for weight reasons. Snow leopard had a smaller structure but probably because of my lax training last run. Researching the XXX still and don't know much about 34 Mongrels genetics - They were gave to me at a grow store.
I will load them up in the spinner wheel. hahaha.

Attachments

• Choices.jpeg
    Choices.jpeg
    758.8 KB · Views: 0
I was happy with the C99 on this last run. The one in the back had a slight RKS tinge to it, which sort of says not the original C from 99 but eh. Nice structure too. Leaning towards the GG for weight reasons. Snow leopard had a smaller structure but probably because of my lax training last run. Researching the XXX still and don't know much about 34 Mongrels genetics - They were gave to me at a grow store.
I will load them up in the spinner wheel. hahaha.
Bug
How was the smoke on the C99 , I have some seeds from Feminized Seed company. from quite a while back. I never grew them and my try.
I need a not so racy strain and thought this was a high Sativa. What was the high like?
Thks

Mine is actually a decent even high. Plus, I'm at the point where I don't really like smoking and then feeling like I need to go to bed. I lay my head down and can get to sleep almost anywhere. Mrs. Monkey on the other hand can't get to sleep at all. I was also weighing that into my decision this one coming up. Get her a fresh batch of GG couch lock. It it is going to glue her to the couch and then cause her brain to take off racing then no thank you on it too. I want to drop something tonight or tomorrow AM. I getting ready to fix meal and feed em all. I check in pretty soon.

Illinois medical card is 5 plants or less. Lighting, wall/window AC. exhaust fan on thermostat, top feed VS under feeding system, (Still trying to decide which way). I may use the top feed until roots appear then hit them from the underside for the duration. Pretty much all the same set up from last run in this same thread. I am going to brave the Lucas Formula once I get roots going. - what else - I plan dropping the hammer on the Chimera #3 as soon as I get a couple gifts returned, tonight. Everything is cleaned, debugged and ready to roll. And I have said several times, but I plan on sticking to it this time, I will be scrogging with a slight lolli pop. Last run the weight was way less than usual attributed to several thing but mostly grower lazyness.

Attachments

• 5 or less.jpeg
    5 or less.jpeg
    907.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Feeding.jpeg
    Feeding.jpeg
    621.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Accessories.jpeg
    Accessories.jpeg
    961.7 KB · Views: 0
Not necessarily proud of how I got them and going to leave it at that. Let's just see if they pop and then if they actually turn out like we all think they are suppose to. When and if they start flowering, I will be studying up on the bud formations on all the threads here where people have grown it. I knew better and after I ordered them I found out even more. Not going to talk about it. Incidentally they was a buck 85 for 10 and that included a little bit for shipping. They did send freebies called Dennis the Menace which looks like their original work. Regulars though. Once this current is over I just began, I am going to Hydro some of Carty's Gabagoo. Mine are a slightly older version but they are Gabagoo. I challenge anyone to find a seed company out there who is doing the back crosses to get stabilization.. Cube-ing I think they used to call it. Almost all just a bunch of pollen chuckers. Way way back, I think in this thread, I commented, eventually someone is going to screw around and mess up the whole gene pool. Kinda of like how there is no more RKS anywhere to be found.

Rant Over - - Get To Work Monkey Guy !!!! hahahaha. (Me to myself)

Rather than type it out myself this is pretty much what can be done.

How to Prevent Fungus Gnats in Cannabis Plants​

Prevention is always better than treatment when it comes to protecting your cannabis plants from pests like fungus gnats. Here are some steps you can take to prevent an infestation:

1. Control Soil Moisture​

Fungus gnats are attracted to wet, humid conditions. Therefore, it is essential to maintain proper moisture levels in your growing medium. Allow the top layer of your soil to dry out between waterings and ensure adequate drainage to discourage fungus gnat infestations.

2. Use Yellow Sticky Traps​

Yellow sticky traps are an effective method for monitoring and controlling adult fungus gnats. Place these traps around your plants to catch any adult gnats that may be present. Regularly inspect the traps to assess the severity of the infestation and gauge the effectiveness of your pest control measures.

3. Sterilize Your Soil​

Fungus gnat eggs and larvae may already be present in store-bought soil. To eliminate this risk, sterilize your soil by baking it in the oven at 82-93°C for at least 30 minutes. This will kill off any eggs, larvae, and other harmful organisms that may be hiding in the soil.

4. Use Soil Covers​

Covering the soil surface with a layer of sand, gravel, or perlite can help prevent fungus gnats from laying eggs and breeding in your cannabis plants. This barrier also makes it more difficult for adult gnats to access the soil, reducing their ability to lay eggs and reproduce.

5. Maintain Good Hygiene in Your Grow Area​

Keeping your grow area clean and free of decaying plant matter is essential for preventing fungus gnat infestations. Remove any dead leaves, stems, or other organic debris from your plants and growing area regularly. This reduces the amount of food available for the fungus gnats and their larvae, making your plants less attractive to these pests.

How to Eliminate Fungus Gnats from Cannabis Plants​

If you already have a fungus gnat infestation in your cannabis plants, don't worry - there are several ways to eliminate these pests and restore your plants to good health.

1. Water Less Frequently​

The first and most important step to getting rid of fungus gnats is to adjust your watering routine. Allowing the soil to dry out fully between waterings can help eliminate the moist conditions that these pests thrive in. In most cases, reducing the frequency of watering will be enough to resolve the fungus gnat problem.

2. Use Yellow Sticky Traps​

As mentioned earlier, yellow sticky traps are an effective method for monitoring and controlling adult fungus gnats. Place these traps around your plants to catch any adult gnats that may be present. Regularly inspect the traps to assess the severity of the infestation and gauge the effectiveness of your pest control measures.

3. Apply Neem Oil​

Neem oil is a natural insecticide that can help control fungus gnat infestations. Treat the top layer of your soil with neem oil to eliminate the larvae and prevent further reproduction. Neem oil can also be used as a preventative measure to keep fungus gnats at bay.

4. Use Diatomaceous Earth​

Diatomaceous earth is a natural, non-toxic substance that can effectively kill fungus gnats and their larvae. Sprinkle a layer of food-grade diatomaceous earth on the soil surface around your plants to control the infestation. This powdery substance works by puncturing the exoskeleton of the insects, causing them to dehydrate and die.

5. Introduce Beneficial Insects​

Beneficial insects, such as predatory mites (Hypoaspis Miles) or the beetle Atheta Coriaria, can help control fungus gnat infestations by feeding on the larvae. Introducing these natural predators into your growing environment can help keep fungus gnat populations in check and prevent future infestations.

6. Use Bacillus Thuringiensis Bacteria​

Bacillus thuringiensis (BT) is a naturally occurring soil bacterium that can be used to control fungus gnat larvae. There are several strains of BT available, with Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (BTi) being the most effective against fungus gnats. Add the bacteria to your watering solution to target and kill the larvae in the soil.

Conclusion​

Fungus gnats can be a significant problem for cannabis growers, but with the right prevention and control measures, you can keep these pests at bay and ensure a healthy, thriving crop. By maintaining proper soil moisture, using yellow sticky traps, and employing natural insecticides like neem oil and diatomaceous earth, you can protect your cannabis plants from these pesky insects and enjoy a bountiful harvest.
I just noticed my Gnat problem, Thank you for this post!

Latest posts

Back