buying light today, need help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
i am gonna go out and buy a 400watt light, but i have a few questions.

i heard its better to light with mh during veg stage and hps during flowering.. if i buy a mh/hps light can i turn the hps off during veg and mh off doing flowering.. or is it that bad to leave both on during both stages?

is mh,hps, and hid a bulb or the light itself? please explain, i cant really get this answer, i've looked.

thank you!

jeffca said:
i am gonna go out and buy a 400watt light, but i have a few questions.

i heard its better to light with mh during veg stage and hps during flowering.. if i buy a mh/hps light can i turn the hps off during veg and mh off doing flowering.. or is it that bad to leave both on during both stages?

is mh,hps, and hid a bulb or the light itself? please explain, i cant really get this answer, i've looked.

thank you!

Yea want to use Mh for Veggie and HPs for Flowering and the wattage depends on ur room but there r people here that uses the Hps all the way through.
Myself I got 400 Hps with a 400 Conversion bulb and I do use CFL though..
There is a switchable Ballast that u can buy just for Mh/Hps..

Flyinghigh said:
Yea want to use Mh for Veggie and HPs for Flowering and the wattage depends on ur room but there r people here that uses the Hps all the way through.
Myself I got 400 Hps with a 400 Conversion bulb and I do use CFL though..
There is a switchable Ballast that u can buy just for Mh/Hps..

do you need to switch your ballist when transitioning between Mh/Hps bulbs? and is a 400 conversion bulb mean it transitions from HPS to MH and vice versa? and is 400watts too much for my little room?

Wassup Jeffca,
If you buy a conversion bulb you do not have to switch your ballast, you can get an interchanging ballast tho for around $200 bucks. And H.I.D stands for high intensity discharge, it catagorizes your MH or Hps bulbs pretty much. Hope this can help, peace and love!!!!!!!!
Roken.

I would veg with the MH then when you flower add the hps to it. run them both for flowering. Your buds will thank you!! Just keep the air moving.

Latest posts

Back