C.O.B LED panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went back and did a bit of editing as not to confuse any new comers as well.

Oh hey, no worries mate! As long as you right yourself, and we right others with misinformation, all is gravy! No harm no foul, and you learned something :aok:

Cheers Frank

Another thing to keep in mind is that typical COB LED's have an array of colors and won't use just a single color on a board.

Glad to see you have made the correction.

Now that is out of the way I am curious why you came here and bumped just about every thread on the topic and say to be careful of this and that? Pretty sure you were telling people to stay away from COB lights.

Are you now saying people should stay away from single diode LED lights that run in series?

While that "used" to be the case, a lot of lights now are designed to keep running if you are to lose a single diode so while that tid nit of info may be relevant on some older tech, it's becoming old news.

In other news my first all COB LED with my tech was shipped this AM.
:dancing:

Another thing to keep in mind is that typical COB LED's have an array of colors and won't use just a single color on a board.

Glad to see you have made the correction.

Now that is out of the way I am curious why you came here and bumped just about every thread on the topic and say to be careful of this and that? Pretty sure you were telling people to stay away from COB lights.

Are you now saying people should stay away from single diode LED lights that run in series?

While that "used" to be the case, a lot of lights now are designed to keep running if you are to lose a single diode so while that tid nit of info may be relevant on some older tech, it's becoming old news.

In other news my first all COB LED with my tech was shipped this AM.
:dancing:

hey PJ, initially i was just trying to point out that modular panels are the way to go because of their obvious advantages.

no no not saying to stay away from lights in series just good to have the option of swapping out a cluster compared to doing some soldering yourself or sending the panel back to be fixed.

A new panel you say? you had the specs made custom for yourself? would love to hear more!

A new panel you say? you had the specs made custom for yourself? would love to hear more!

Not much to share TBH. I have designed and engineered 3 lights now in the last 4 years. I have used the same array each time and am looking to step up the game a lil on this new COB light.

By using a COB lights in veg now, I was able to cut my original LED power even further which I am hopeful will work in flower as well.

Latest posts

Back