California's Cannabis Market Crashes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who complain about how poorly the government has handled it... would you prefer prohibition and risking decades in prison? Would you prefer the poor bastards who got released post-legalization go back to prison for years so you can make a little money?

Did you expect it to go from completely illegal to perfectly regulated in a single decade, did you forget that if the conservative politicians had their way, we'd all be doing life in prison? How are you complaining? It's a massive improvement for 90% of growers and smokers, at least.

The only people complaining are people who see weed as profit before pleasure. Hard to feel bad for the greedy, who commidify such a beautiful plant. If anyone promised you that an illegal hustle would entitle you to a life-long, stable career, find new mentor. It may not be fair, but really, what did you expect, living under prohibition was living under borrowed time, always.

Yeah, it sucks they stole the industry after so many good people put in so much hard work, but what's the alternative? Prison for 75% of us so the other 25% get rich, while we wait endlessly for the "perfect bill"?,

How did you see this ending- the elite ruling class saying "nah, we don't want that money, we are legalizing because it's ethically sound" ? It's a realistic compromise, and there was never any other possibility, unfortunately.

well said Redrum

i salute all the courageous bootleggers who defied unjust laws and carved a path of Truth in an evil atmosphere of ignorance and greed so we can enjoy this limited freedom we have today

there will always be an informal Economy and courageous souls fighting for freedom

salute

Now anyone can see the pattern. Notice how several of the big growers sell out as the market starts to shift? Their internal sales numbers say when to bail and that is always when a new state has legalized and they can move operations there with enough bribe money. The huge money to be had is when it first opens and it’s always way overpriced. Price should be like anything else about twice what it costs in time and labor which should be between $80 and $125.

And commercial is just that…commercial. They cut every corner they can and for the average person that’s ok however I can tell the difference. I prefer to just do my own thing and I know exactly what I have.

LOL I rarely check our local dispensary but I did just now a week before changing to a recreational dispensary. Look at how the poor suckers will be cheated on opening day.

Normally packaged flower weight is 3.5g, 7g, 10.5g, 14g and 28g the bigger the package the lower the cost per gram

Now the ONLY package is 3.5g for flower and it comes out to be….about $400 an ounce

This is what happens anytime the government gets involved.

Once selling for more than $4,000 per pound, bulk buyers are now shopping in the $300 to $500 range for fresh harvests, according to experts, and some growers reported clearing out their crops for less than $200 per pound for fear of being stuck with product

Comes from a legit farm. I got friends.
Where are you paying that much for an eighth?

This is what happens anytime the government gets involved.

Once selling for more than $4,000 per pound, bulk buyers are now shopping in the $300 to $500 range for fresh harvests, according to experts, and some growers reported clearing out their crops for less than $200 per pound for fear of being stuck with product
The tax man jumped all over weed, even in Ma. the local town gets to tax 3% of total sales for the towns infrastructure cost for support like poilce fire ambulance. Gov got greedy.

The only time I visited a dispensary in MA, I got shafted for about $80 for an eighth and a pre-roll. The ‘bud tenders’ pretty much veg for tips(they are probably paid squat) and don’t know much about weed. Maybe it was that way in the beginning of legalization and has improved. I just don’t care to ever hit another dispensary.

Black market is the only way to go if you cat get a good deal. I just happen to have a friend that is good friends with a farmer. I have another connection that's black market and pay 180 for a Zip.
Haven't been able to grow since last yr so I get my dank from them.

It sure is…it doesn’t get much better
IMG_1857.jpeg

Black market is the only way to go if you cat get a good deal. I just happen to have a friend that is good friends with a farmer. I have another connection that's black market and pay 180 for a Zip.
Haven't been able to grow since last yr so I get my dank from them.
Black market if you know the grower. Shit from the southern border, who knows what's in it.

I grow my own but I have been in the dispensaries here in town (SoCal) and I have seen $20 to $80 for eighths.

Here is an example of the place down the street. I don't see an $80 at quick glance but there's a bunch of $60's.

https://www.leafelpaseo.com/our-menu/
I prefer my own. This is not my best but this is what I generally smoke.

Attachments

• northernlightsharvest-2.jpg
    northernlightsharvest-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back