Can Leo See 600hps Watts??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CasualGrower said:
All you yankees are just Kentuckians just trying to admit it 8)

;) LMAO yeah I have to agree with you on that :) At least we aren't all Virginia boys :p

no you asked me to explain.... what i was talking about.... thanks though for sure dude...

dude ***? im from ny i currently reside in virginia... thanks dude... you are totally cool really appreciate it..

thats funny man.. i dont have that much time to waste... my point exactly though.. so much garbage going down in the world today.. how ever many years and man is in the same place he will always be.. thanks for your help though like i said.. atleast i know you guys have setups and are facing the same penaltys as I am... doesnt exactly make me feel safe.. but thanks overgrowing the world wont be solved like this

To answer your original question, I doubt if you have a single 400w or 600w that local authorities would have the tools to see them. Most modern construction has insulation, plywood, and some form of barrier (tyvek or insulation board (or both like mine)) and then siding of some sort. Do you have your own house or apartment?

i rent a townhouse.. i have a nice closet under the stairs to the 2nd level.. its really like 5x5x11... 11 ft ceilings.. i think i may just throw a few inches of more insulation/drywalll.. just dbl the wall up all around the closet... like i said the exhaust will come right out into my living space via carbon scrubber... i actually got some really cheap christmass lawn decoration blow up characters... i got two of them for like 30 bucks the cfm on them has to belike easily 200 i would say... im only gonna run them prob 1/2 of the time while the light is on.. cool tube status.. i think i should just rox out with a 400 not a 600 though.. i dunno man i am sketched out on even turning this stuff on over here.. but more insulation makes pretty good sense... like i said its a huge closet.... more insulation less heat that escapes.. less heat they can see.. is that correct? i wish i had a private house with a little land..

edt:yea i cant really change the siding...

Yeah, I'm in the same boat in the renting portion. Insulation is going to mean less heat excaping for a heat signature, but leaves it inside your grow room. And remember heat is one of the five nessacry items for fire, so lets not let that build up too much. If your going to vent right into your living room and don't need much stealth you should be ok with a 400. but then you'll live the life of a hermit. and then smell might not pass through the carbon scrubber, and the land lord might swing-by, man I could not do that. I'd have to figure out a way to close the door. Good luck,

kubefuism said:
but leaves it inside your grow room. ,

If your heat is INSIDE your grow and not leaking out... You CAN control it..... you can make it go where you want it.... It is all a matter of venting to a point where you can mask it..... This is a thread about stealth and that is what you want..... For stealth, you want to be able to control EVERY aspect of yoru grow..... If you control it....You are in GREAT shape...

has anybody ever seen a 3 dimentional infared photo?cause i thought they can only see surface temps. if that is true then a small 400w grow being ducted outside would look like nothing more than a dryer vent from the air.and on top of that flying helicopters isn't cheap,they normally dont fly around looking for random INDOOR GROWS, they would proly be tipped off by someone before they send helicopters looking for an INDOOR GROW.
so keep yer mouth shut and theres nothing to worry about.

with the 11 ft ceiling it already has a top shelf made where i can keep my balast.. and also enough room to have a small box for mommy .. when i said 1/2 running the ventilation i should have said 1 running always just switching intake / exhaust .. intake from the bottom exhaust on the top... . prob hook up a small fan on the cool tube to help the heat.:edt:. at the bulb.. but there is alot of space it can rise into.. i may even cut through the back of the wall which is next to my gas heater and just add my exhaust line into the propane exhaust line so all the heat basically just goes straight up through to the top of my house...

punkrocktoker said:
has anybody ever seen a 3 dimentional infared photo?cause i thought they can only see surface temps. if that is true then a small 400w grow being ducted outside would look like nothing more than a dryer vent from the air.and on top of that flying helicopters isn't cheap,they normally dont fly around looking for random INDOOR GROWS, they would proly be tipped off by someone before they send helicopters looking for an INDOOR GROW.
so keep yer mouth shut and theres nothing to worry about.

EXACTLY what I am saying!!!!!..... all you have to do is cover your exterior heat signature and you are good.......

Anyone seen the movie Navy Seals?????? that Kick *** Scope God had with the Thermal imaging that saw through concrete........ THAT DOES NOT EXIST....... Well not to the extent that it did in the movie anyway.... If your local police force has anything like that in their arsenal .... YOU NEED TO MOVE!!!!!!!......To Columbia!!!!

There is wall penetrating IR Imaging capabilities, but not thatg can see through cinder block..and insulation will diminish those capabilities exponentially....

Put a nice layer of fiberglass insulation and control your venting and possible smells... YOU WILL BE FINE!

authorities want big growers not people growing personal...they know everyone is doing it already they not stupid,its the big indoor farmers they look for,the amount of heat those houses give out must look like a xmas tree too the infa red cam....anyone running 400 or 600 watt bulb isnt going too attract attention....my 2 cents :)

Latest posts

Back