Can you guess what I'm doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Besides pissing my wife off for overtaking our kitchen, can you guess what's going on in here?

Hint: it is related to cannabis.

20230218_203121.jpg

tissue culture Baby!

do i win a prize , like a clone or anything? 😁
This is correct. All brand new to me, and really excited to be learning something new.

I'll be taking 50 explants today to make sure my methods and formulas are sound. If it works, this will be a game changer for my garden.

Big, hit my private messages ;)

This is correct. All brand new to me, and really excited to be learning something new.

I'll be taking 50 explants today to make sure my methods and formulas are sound. If it works, this will be a game changer for my garden.

Big, hit my private messages ;)
My head just exploded reading that !

please elaborate the purpose of doing this GMO, seems like pretty deep stuff you're getting into...
My purpose --- preservation. Tissue cultures can be kept for a very, very long time. This formula should be able to store plants for several months without needing to be changed, or needing water. They also need very little light, and take up very little space. Much different than housing mom plants, which we know need lots of all of the above.

There are some other big pluses as well:
-no pests or fungi. The explants are literally washed in a bleach solution prior to going in to the test tubes.
-restores original plant vigor. Tissue cultured plants will come out of culture with renewed plant vigor.

When these start "shooting" then these fresh shoots will be taken off of them and placed in larger vessels (think small Chinese soup containers). There will be approximately 5-6 plants in each vessel. When those begin "shooting" they are removed and cleaned of the agar/nutrient gel, dipped in IBA (Clonex) and treated like any other clone.

My purpose --- preservation. Tissue cultures can be kept for a very, very long time. This formula should be able to store plants for several months without needing to be changed, or needing water. They also need very little light, and take up very little space. Much different than housing mom plants, which we know need lots of all of the above.

There are some other big pluses as well:
-no pests or fungi. The explants are literally washed in a bleach solution prior to going in to the test tubes.
-restores original plant vigor. Tissue cultured plants will come out of culture with renewed plant vigor.

When these start "shooting" then these fresh shoots will be taken off of them and placed in larger vessels (think small Chinese soup containers). There will be approximately 5-6 plants in each vessel. When those begin "shooting" they are removed and cleaned of the agar/nutrient gel, dipped in IBA (Clonex) and treated like any other clone.
You must make a hell of a spaghetti sauce Brother ....

Latest posts

Back