Cannabis Humidor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can do it way cheaper in seal vac bags in a freezer until needed, Cab be smoked right out of it
Already have the vacuum sealer and bags. Definitely how I am going.

But I need at least 7 strains ready to use at any one time. In theory this would keep those strains in best condition possible after removing from the freezer. That’s an easy 2 ounces which for me equates to a year

I have the small mason jars that I keep in back of my regfrigs freezer section , but if you have money burning a hole more power to ya
Not so fast. We used to smoke cigars which is where all the humidity control packs come from. I assure you that while a bag or jar will keep a cigar fresh longer nothing beats a humidor with a moisture control pack. It’s not that I have money burning a hole in my pocket it’s more I want to know. I am retired and this is my current project

Not so fast. We used to smoke cigars which is where all the humidity control packs come from. I assure you that while a bag or jar will keep a cigar fresh longer nothing beats a humidor with a moisture control pack. It’s not that I have money burning a hole in my pocket it’s more I want to know. I am retired and this is my current project
I have 3 large cigar dors myself

Do your research on Grove bags. I along with most of the folks that I know that grow weed keep their product in those bags and they stay at a perfect 62% humidity… they come in 1 ounce sizes and would work perfectly for your needs…

Do your research on Grove bags. I along with most of the folks that I know that grow weed keep their product in those bags and they stay at a perfect 62% humidity… they come in 1 ounce sizes and would work perfectly for your needs…
Thanks I had seen them mentioned several times but had not understood what they were. So you use these for curing and it has some kind of membrane that works like goretex and allows moisture to leave the bag to a point which is 62%. I assume they are resealable so you can open then seal them back like a ziplock?

The flowers that are in these bags are about four months old and there is fresh is the day they were put in there. The big one is a quarter pound size and the small one is the one ounce size.
IMG_1927.jpeg

Had to laugh. An old business associate of mine (import) had a son in grade school. The class had been doing a project that would take more than a day, so the teacher had ziplocs for them to put their stuff in.
Rick gets a call from the teacher asking him to come up to the school. He's lead into a room by the teacher who flat out asked him if he was selling weed. He asked what gave her that idea. She replied, "Yesterday, I asked Jack to bring me a ziploc baggie, and he asked if I wanted ounce, quarter pound, or pound size."
Rick said it was really hard to keep a straight face.

Well thanks for the input. After seeing the differences between cigar and cannabis humidors I have concluded that while I still want one they are severely over priced. I will be looking for a nice walnut only box that I can put glass jars in. Poke some small holes in the lids and throw in a 1 lb 62% Boveda pack.

As for the Grove bags I think I may buy some of those for my curing process that’s about to happen. The alternative was buying large wide mouth glass jars. I think this will work better and I still throw a small meter to monitor humidity.

Thanks guys

Well thanks for the input. After seeing the differences between cigar and cannabis humidors I have concluded that while I still want one they are severely over priced. I will be looking for a nice walnut only box that I can put glass jars in. Poke some small holes in the lids and throw in a 1 lb 62% Boveda pack.

As for the Grove bags I think I may buy some of those for my curing process that’s about to happen. The alternative was buying large wide mouth glass jars. I think this will work better and I still throw a small meter to monitor humidity.

Thanks guys
I was trying to tell you in a nice way they were going to rip you off for that price.
Good discission

I've got a mahogany finished humidor you're welcome to...let me know if you are and I will gladly post a pic of it...I'll pack and run it to the post office but you cover the freight, fair enough...
Love a pic and inside dimensions so I know it will hold the jars. It probably has thin cedar strips lining (cigars) the mahogany if so it shouldn’t be used for cannabis. The ones I looked it would have to be torn out which damages the seal.

Latest posts

Back