Cant seem to get this right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazda3234wd

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Just a quick one.. Im really confused about this now.
Ok my plant isnt doing as well as it could be.. it is a super silver haze 5 weeks in flower and its still only building up pre flowers. I have this feeling it should have progressed a bit more than this.. but im having a massive problem keeping PH under control...

ive stayed up all night last night reading every forum about PH... and i belive i have a pretty good understanding of it now..

my story goes... main plant in flower.... its in 1 bucket... no ext res the bucket is the res.. and the plant is sooo big now i cant get the bucket out haha, i have to crawl down under it each time to change out nutes... ( its empty every 3 days) so not changing.. more refilling.. Sooo There is always a bit of old water left in the bottom, im talking a tiny amount... 500ML max... i just changed nutes and the stuff i took out of tub was at 7.5 again.. it keeps going up really quick.. its gone up a whole 1.0 in 2 days..

So this time i was tricky and pre made my water / nutes in another tub, let is sit over night.. after adding PH down ph was 5.8 last night, it was still that this morning so im like woot. this should be heaps better.... I go change nutes over re check PH after ive added my 10L and now its already back at 6.5 and im all confused again....

is that cuz the tiny little bit of 7.5 water.nutes still sitting in bottom of tub? i cant get it out.. and my tap water is 8.0 so i cant flush it with that....

Wat do i do here ppl? should I do this..

have 2 tubs... one with my flower nutes made up at say 5.6. and then should i have another tub of just PH downed water at 6.0 and use this for flushing?????
Would that work? cuz ive been flushing inbetween changes with 7.5 tap water.. and i do not have TDS meter, will get one this week...

I just strugliing to keep this under control, any advice would be great

Thanks in advance

Salts from the left over stuff. Is this DWC? If so I recommend you buy an extra bucket and then swap them out every week with a cleaned out bucket. All you have to do is lift the lid off the one bucket and stick it in the clean one with fresh nutes and water in in it.

yes thats true buddy..but if he dont get that PH under control he is allways going to have issues...esspecially in Hydro..Im a dirt farmer from Seattle but have read enough to know PH is everything..when i did my Dwc i used Disstilled water from store (ph 6.6) two drops ph down from fish store..i had ph 5.8 and also had 2 buckets changed every week..

anyway..mazda..hope this helps..on a diffrent note..my mazda 323 is AWESOME!!!:lama:

Kk cheers guys for the replys. yes it is DWC. Prob is its all tied down and the thing is that big i cant even see its tub anymore, and its under the ground cuz i ran outa head room early on... prolly the hardest grow ive had yet. tap water has always been really good. Ph 6.9.
ever since we have had road works a few months back the tap water is stuffed. Instead of taking the tub out, cuz i really cant do it without messing up this plant.. is there any other way? can i keep flushing the tub out until run off is a decent PH?

Latest posts

Back