Cant tell strains apart-Any comments?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FemmeFatale

"Imagine no religion"
Reaction score
OK, so this is my second grow. First was Wonder Woman and Master Kush. This one is Northern Lights and Black Jack. If it wasn't for labeling my grow, i couldn't tell one from the other. I bought all my seeds from Nirvana. Is there a way to distinguish these plants apart during vegging? I'm beginning to think these guys just throw a label on a bag and put the same seeds in!...lol Please tell me what you think, or at what stage do different strains show there unique traits.

IMG_1970a.JPG

IMG_1971a.JPG

IMG_1972a.JPG

IMG_1975a.JPG

IMG_1976a.JPG

No, I have ordered from Nirvana. They are a good site. It's hard to tell the difference in different strains today. Most of your strains have been crossed & so on. Indicas have shorter, fatter leaves. Sativas have longer, thinner leaves. I have had some sativas(Jock Horror from Nirvana for one) that looks like an indica at the start but than changed during growth to longer, thinner leaves. Nirvana is a good place with good prices. Later Man

I understand what you are saying Femme.

The smoke off will tell.

You could buy 2 exact looking cigars, one Cuban and the other one made in the Isle of White in a shed with 6 chickens scratching the floor and pooping on the tobacco leaf.

Hey, they look the same.

I have a quick question, what is the N-P-K of the feed?

:peace:

During veg i can't tell the strains apart most times...I hve been flowering a clone out that I thought was one strain and now that it is 6 weeks into flowering I can tell it was most likely mislabeled and is the other strain I was growing...some strains you can tell in veg others might take till flowering...and some will need to be sampled to tell...

I look for little signs like leafs being ridged or rough long or short..the smell is what tells me usually..plus growing it out and seeing it in stages. My pk look very dif than my bw.. I look at color and stretch, stems..density and height...sometimes its tough when you dont know what the strains should look like growing the first time.

FemmeFatale said:
I bought all my seeds from Nirvana. Is there a way to distinguish these plants apart during vegging? I'm beginning to think these guys just throw a label on a bag and put the same seeds in!

Yeah. I've been thinking this about Nirvana for a while now.:fid:

Hey Hippy, the N-P-K is 7-4-10, General Hydroponics Flora Nova. Water is from deep natural aquifer.

The bigger pain in the axe is when you think you're growing three of what should be the same batch of beans and you feed accordingly--then you find that each of the 3 has its own requirements, even its own pheno.

My flattop grow this round: 3 WW seeds from 1 source. None of the 3 look particularly related. One is always hungry, one is so-so, and one never seems to want for anything. Nerve racking.

Good luck.

Even during vegging it still has resins on the leaves, you won't be able to name them but you can tell them apart, eh?

Those are beautiful plants!

The New Girl said:
Hey Femme,
Who cares?........ those plants look simply gorgeous! You'll see the best distinguishing traits in late flower, that's where all the magic happens :p

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:

Nice plants FF!

Latest posts

Back