cfl ,hps,and mh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone show me the results that you got from using the 20$ lights:confused:

ok if cfl don't work good, why is this mazar afagaie growing like a hog, with just one 85 watt, (85 watt, 350 watt equvlint) over that one an over a super silver haze. 4500 lums per, day light colors. it ant growing slow thats for sure, 2 weeks old today

Wiseguy_Chef said:
ok if cfl don't work good, why is this mazar afagaie growing like a hog, with just one 85 watt, (85 watt, 350 watt equvlint) over that one an over a super silver haze. 4500 lums per, day light colors. it ant growing slow thats for sure, 2 weeks old today

CFL work great for vegging, but for flower HPS works best.

MARY-JANE said:
Can anyone show me the results that you got from using the 20$ lights:confused:

Using 2 150W. The space is being ventilated with a computer fan. These have been flowering about 4 weeks. These are 2 Satori. They are about 6-7 weeks out.

mp 10-21 008 (3).jpg

The Hemp Goddess said:
Using 2 150W. The space is being ventilated with a computer fan. These have been flowering about 4 weeks. These are 2 Satori. They are about 6-7 weeks out.

There ya go!:D

Wiseguy_Chef said:

you'll never hear me say cfls don't work. i had great results with them for over a year then decided to see what all the hype was about with the hps. but the bigger your plants get the more cfls your gonna need to have. and if you pay 10$ for less than 3000 lumens what not pay 20$ for 15000 lumens.. thats 5x the lumens at a fraction of the cost... jmo

Wiseguy_Chef said:

No one is saying that you cannot grow with CFLs, especially for vegetative growth. What we are trying to get across is that CFLs cost more and give you less than HPS for FLOWERING. CFLs are not cheaper to operate, they are not cooler, they are not cheaper to purchase. And they give you less yield.

Slowmo77 used to run over 700W of CFLs. He is now running 300W of HPS and getting far better results.

The Hemp Goddess said:
No one is saying that you cannot grow with CFLs, especially for vegetative growth. What we are trying to get across is that CFLs cost more and give you less than HPS for FLOWERING. CFLs are not cheaper to operate, they are not cooler, they are not cheaper to purchase. And they give you less yield.

Slowmo77 used to run over 700W of CFLs. He is now running 300W of HPS and getting far better results.

true true an true miss hemp goddess, but u are all so failing to take in to thought, the cost of running cooling system for HPS, an venting out your grow room. but i just got a new hook up with a guy at a lighting wherehouse. he has a 8 bulb, floro, well he called it a T-8. it was nice, 150 bucks, 8 bulbs, much skinyer than the reg floro tubes, an 54 watt's per tube. an running all 8 bulbs puts out over 50k in lums. would that be worth it? seeing how there was no heat to the touch, an he had just 3 bulbs in the thing, it was ligthing up a good size pice of the wherehouse.

Wiseguy_Chef said:
true true an true miss hemp goddess, but u are all so failing to take in to thought, the cost of running cooling system for HPS, an venting out your grow room. but i just got a new hook up with a guy at a lighting wherehouse. he has a 8 bulb, floro, well he called it a T-8. it was nice, 150 bucks, 8 bulbs, much skinyer than the reg floro tubes, an 54 watt's per tube. an running all 8 bulbs puts out over 50k in lums. would that be worth it? seeing how there was no heat to the touch, an he had just 3 bulbs in the thing, it was ligthing up a good size pice of the wherehouse.

You didn't read all this thoroughly--I am not failing to take anything into account. CFLs are NOT cooler than HPS. I am running 2 150W HPS. I am using a computer fan to exhaust air. You need some ventilation in your grow room regardless of what lighting you are using. You should be exchanging the air in your room 3-4 times a minute. Your plants need a continual supply of fresh CO2.

It sounds like you have a T5, not a T8--you can tell by measuring the diameter of your tubes. Regardless, your fixture will generate as much or more heat than comparable lumens of HPS. I know this. I have a 4 tube 4' T5 I use for VEGGING. So you have a light fixture that cost $150, is using 432W and putting out 50000 lumens (most T5s put out 5000 each). You can get 2 150W HPS for $40 plus shipping that use 300W and put out 30000 lumens. You can expect probably twice the yield with 300W of HPS than with 432W of fluoro.

hey not tryin to jack you thread but what would you use i got a 4x4 area and i got 3 sets of lights 400 hps two of $20 150 hps and a 8 lamp t5

now the 8 lamp t5 is 40000 lumens and the 400 hps is 50000 two 150 hps 32000 whats good for this baby

and here is the new born when should i start givin her light

IMGP0071.JPG

You should be able to lose the plastic. Seedling really don't need any kind of humidity dome after they have sprouted. Your baby only needs a little light right now. Are you only planning on growing 1 in your 4 x 4 space? What if it is a boy?

HG i am trying to get atleast 5 plants but they just dont want to germinate i still have 15 seeds in a wet napkin in a cd case. i hope something new happens because they been there for over a week

where do u have the cd case? is it in a cold or warm spot? what i do is i use a bowl, an a heating blankit. i rap the bowl in the blankit, an evey time i done this they sprout with in 48 hours. all thow my super sliver haze over a week just to sprout, an all most another to come out the ground.

thank u hempgoddess point takin, thanks for the info dear. will think about going for an hps, going to the lighting wherehouse see how much a balist, hood an fan sett up would run. so will a 250 watt, hps for flowring good in a 5x3 grow room? with i hope atlest 5 plants. cuz i want some wight on my buds. lol

The Hemp Goddess said:

Well hg what is the space your baby's is in? (growroom)

Wiseguy_Chef said:
where do u have the cd case? is it in a cold or warm spot? what i do is i use a bowl, an a heating blankit. i rap the bowl in the blankit, an evey time i done this they sprout with in 48 hours. all thow my super sliver haze over a week just to sprout, an all most another to come out the ground.

thank u hempgoddess point takin, thanks for the info dear. will think about going for an hps, going to the lighting wherehouse see how much a balist, hood an fan sett up would run. so will a 250 watt, hps for flowring good in a 5x3 grow room? with i hope atlest 5 plants. cuz i want some wight on my buds. lol

"5X3" = 15 sq ft ...3.... 250's would be about right, :cool:
"rule of thumb".. 50 HID watts per sq. ft. ;)

Well it looks like I'll try the 20$ lights. I'll get two. I really don't know what I'm going to do for there is no outlet socket plug that comes with it, so what am I to do? I don't know how to hookup the cord. Do you have to ground the light? Do I need a 3 prong cord or a dry plug?

Latest posts

Back