cfl ,hps,and mh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MARY-JANE said:
Well it looks like I'll try the 20$ lights. I'll get two. I really don't know what I'm going to do for there is no outlet socket plug that comes with it, so what am I to do? I don't know how to hookup the cord. Do you have to ground the light? Do I need a 3 prong cord or a dry plug?

You will need a 3 prong plug and 2 wire nuts. I also like to tape the wire nuts just as added protection. Generally speaking, it's black wire to black wire, white wire to white wire and green (or copper) wire to a ground screw. We will help you when you get your lights. Your CFLs will still be great to veg with, but I think that you are really going to really like the results from a HPS.

MARY-JANE said:
Well hg what is the space your baby's is in? (growroom)

I should have answered both questions in one post...

The babies that I have scrogging are in a 2 x 2 x 4' space.

Well the lights should be here by the 28th. I'll need help when they get here. Thank ya'll for all the help.

MARY-JANE said:
Well the lights should be here by the 28th. I'll need help when they get here. Thank ya'll for all the help.

Well they still have not come yet :angrywife: they were suppose to be here yesterday. Maybe they will come tomorrow.

wait a min.. ain't that is JIFFY 7 pellets?

shiz man.. don't use that ditch it.. get some moist soils to start with

I can guarantee you that plant growing from that peat moss pellets know as (Jiffy 7).. the plants will grow really slow and all that.. your call.. its tried and true to me.. soils is best.. hydro too..

the The Hemp Goddess sells another on hps. as she did me mary-jane.

MARY-JANE said:
ok this is what i'm using. 300watt replacement using only 65watts ecobulb soft white light.

light out put 3900 lumens
energy used 65 watts
at those ratings,.it would be better to use several T12's....T12 = [email protected] for an extra 15w you could have 6000Lu instead of [email protected]'s are even better with T5's in the lead....seems everyone forgot about tube type floros...IMO, CFL's should only be use where there are extreme space limitations....as for vegging with floros,... there is no better, lower stress way to do it IMHO..i use 6 4ft ott-lights and 6 phillips alto coolwhites...all 40w T12's and i get many compliments on the lushness and overall speed of growth...

Wiseguy_Chef said:
true true an true miss hemp goddess, but u are all so failing to take in to thought, the cost of running cooling system for HPS, an venting out your grow room. but i just got a new hook up with a guy at a lighting wherehouse. he has a 8 bulb, floro, well he called it a T-8. it was nice, 150 bucks, 8 bulbs, much skinyer than the reg floro tubes, an 54 watt's per tube. an running all 8 bulbs puts out over 50k in lums. would that be worth it? seeing how there was no heat to the touch, an he had just 3 bulbs in the thing, it was ligthing up a good size pice of the wherehouse.
if i were you and you are the DIY type,go to home depot and buy 2 or 3 4lamp ballasts(your choice of power rating) and get a couple packs of sockets..mount them to something of the appropriate size and bam,...there you go....cost less than $150...thats what i did

PUFF MONKEY said:
at those ratings,.it would be better to use several T12's....T12 = [email protected] for an extra 15w you could have 6000Lu instead of [email protected]'s are even better with T5's in the lead....seems everyone forgot about tube type floros...IMO, CFL's should only be use where there are extreme space limitations....as for vegging with floros,... there is no better, lower stress way to do it IMHO..i use 6 4ft ott-lights and 6 phillips alto coolwhites...all 40w T12's and i get many compliments on the lushness and overall speed of growth...

I agree on the fluoro tubes. I really, really like my T5 and also get lush plants with close internodal spacing. Just for vegging though. All my girls flower under HPS.

Wiseguy_Chef said:

Well, what with the inexpensive HPS, why would anyone flower with anything else? Especially in light of the fact that CFLs are not more efficient, not cooler, and not cheaper.

oh yeah, HPS is a must for flowering.....i will be using 2 1000w hortilux to flower my hydro tables

yup ive grown with both ive flowered and vegged with cfls,ive even vegged under my hps(i think this played a roll in my afgani male ratio), vegged with my t-5s 20000 lumens most impressive veg growth, i would say and none of the extra heat from a mh or hps, as heat plays a big roll in my location. yupp i remeber my cfl days, i must say thanks to domschron for getting it in my head that cfls are a wste of cash, electicity, and could be more lumens for more plants. i mean dont get me wrong cfls are great to start and mess around but if you get into growing which you will go with hps.

:D Hello everyone, my lights came today and I'm ready for help. I didn't know they were so big. Well this is my grow closet the I would like to place then in. Any help is appreciated.

101_1688.JPG

101_1689.JPG

Wiseguy_Chef said:

yea... those folks should be cutting her a commission.. ;)

Latest posts

Back