Cfl veg...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyannas son

Reaction score
whats up all,? since all ive done are outdoor grows an have never messed around with indoor i would like some advice on a small inexpensive way to vegetate my plants indoors under some cfls for a short amount of time to get them about a foot or so high to then be placed in the ground "outdoors" any advice would be greatly appreacited :smoke1:

CFLs are great, but normally because you can keep them so close.
A foot tall... wow
This is all shatting in the dark here, just some ideas. But if you are going to do that I would think hanging your CFL directly above and slowly raising would work. I really do think you would need side lighting for the lower areas of the plant.... that CFL doesn't have the biggest radius of light penetration.
A foot tall....
I'm interested in what everyone else is going to say...

I veg with 2 4' t-12's with a hood, your basic overhead flouro tube setup on a chain that I keep about 1"above the canopy at all times. I run it 24/7 from seedling to flower and a foot in veg is nuttin for that setup......but with a single CFL bulb not sure youd get enough coverage.

I veg my plants with a 4' 4 tube T5 and get great results. I let them get about 18-24" before they go into flowering.

Latest posts

Back