!@#Cleaning Pipes?!@#

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kthugga

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Im sure there is a thread out there about this same topic but i couldnt find it so I am going to post this one! HAHA well i have a gandolf and I LOVE IT! That this hits sOoO nice. Just want some tips because im thinking its going to need a cleaning here pretty soon. LET ME KNOW!

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
91% ISO will clean that baby so it looks brand new. ;)

I have been trying to break that abreviation down but have not been able to do it.....can you tell me what ISO means please?:cool:

I heard you can boil your piece to clean it? mine is impossible to clean by hand and i was wondering how you go about this method.

Boiling or ISO?
jnastyblunts said:
I heard you can boil your piece to clean it? mine is impossible to clean by hand and i was wondering how you go about this method.

problem with boiling = the residue gets all over your pot.

And if your wife is like mine, you better sleep with one eye open..

LMAO :rofl:
MrPuffAlot said:

MrPuffAlot said:

And the utinsils that are used to stir and scrape. I do my bowl this way and have a set that I use just for boiling my bowl.

If you choose to do it this way make sure you are constantly stirring your pipe around or it will crack.

OK guys I'm serious about this one. My friends and I have been doing this for years!

Take a microwave safe bowl and fill it with Simple Green. It's non toxic and the inventor actually drank it to prove it was non toxic and safe around kids. Put your bowl, down stem and/or pipe in the bowl of simple green and microwave it for 10 minutes. Poor the Simple Green into your water pipe and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Be careful, the Simple Green will be hot! Rinse everything in hot water and then in Luke warm water. All the resin should come right out. You may need to repeat this depending on how dirty your piece is. Do this once every two weeks for better results.

This is assuming you have glass pieces. I was going to do a thread on this but I accidentally erased the picture before I could do anything with them.

haze...

I used to use "simple green" to degrease my kitchen at work. The stuff is amazing and has a pleasant smell too. I don't know about microwaving it though. It should do the job just by letting it sit.

Good idea though I never would have thought about that:cool:

Yeah I love that crap! The only bad thing about the microwave is the smell. Ever time I do it I open all the windows and turn on the fans. When my friends come over they walk in the door and are like "NICE, a clean piece":D

It cleans your microwave too!:hubba:

MrPuffAlot said:

so use a pop can or old can of soup or old pot ,,, there problem solved

hazewarrior said:
OK guys I'm serious about this one. My friends and I have been doing this for years!

Take a microwave safe bowl and fill it with Simple Green. It's non toxic and the inventor actually drank it to prove it was non toxic and safe around kids. Put your bowl, down stem and/or pipe in the bowl of simple green and microwave it for 10 minutes. Poor the Simple Green into your water pipe and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Be careful, the Simple Green will be hot! Rinse everything in hot water and then in Luke warm water. All the resin should come right out. You may need to repeat this depending on how dirty your piece is. Do this once every two weeks for better results.

This is assuming you have glass pieces. I was going to do a thread on this but I accidentally erased the picture before I could do anything with them.

haze...
hmmmmmmmm good idea,, it also kill h.i.v in 3 seconds

Like I said, my buddies and I have been doing it for years! Longer than I've been growing. When I haven't cleaned my piece in months I'll add some rock salt or rice and shake. It's kinda the same as ISO.

MrPuffAlot said:

JA JA JA...

I can understand your situation here ..... :rofl:

Latest posts

Back