Cleaning Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nOob grower

Reaction score
I need to clean my hitters and bong, I have 420 cleaner but was wondering if rubbing alcohol would do a better job or if it would ruin them. One is a metal hitter, one is a glass hitter, and the bong is pyrex I think (def not glass). I just don't want to ruin anything.

nOob grower said:
I need to clean my hitters and bong, I have 420 cleaner but was wondering if rubbing alcohol would do a better job or if it would ruin them. One is a metal hitter, one is a glass hitter, and the bong is pyrex I think (def not glass). I just don't want to ruin anything.

Iso alchohol (91%) will clean metal and glass. And, pyrex is glass - do you mean acrylic (plastic)? I the ISO will clean acrylic, too, but I'm not sure.

Rubbing alcohol won't hurt the glass or metal. No worries. I use gasoline to clean all sorts of metal and glass (lol not for my pieces) so you're def safe.

normally I only boil it with hot water.. then drop any pipes any kind...

the resins will fall off and float on the top of boiling water..

I use spoon to collect all resins and let it dry... and enjoy for extra resins!!

all natural... I did learn alcohol will do good job.. but if you use whiskey.. your pipe gonna taste good ;)

yes agree ^^^^ I like the salt added for extra abrassive..ISO and salt rocks

and i dont waste my time with resins..lol..but then again i have an abundance of weed and have no need for the stuff..Take care and be safe

The 420 cleaner works great, better than ISO almost.

BUT...

It's expensive compared to a .99 cent bottle of ISO and some almost free salt.

Times is tough yo! *****Z is broke yo!

I also noticed 420 leaves more residue (chemical) in the piece or a smell if you will. Maybe it's just me.

Latest posts

Back