clone help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a few clones set up under a 1 24inch. fluorescent tube blub for 2 weeks. I make sure to keep soil moist, some are in soil others cubes. I mist frequently to keep humidity up. Although its been 2 weeks and only a couple have signs of roots. They are not alot of roots coming out the sides either just a couple. I just bought 2 new fluorescent bulbs and installed fixtures instead. They are more watts and much brighter than just the one tube. Is there any advice or somethin i may be doing wrong. Please any advice on how to help the litte guys root and grow. They look healthy leaves are green plants seem to be ok just growing slow.

I'm a hydro guy and thus use rockwool to clone but I think I can help. I'm actually new myself! I just started cloning and am happy to say I got my first big set of roots from my first clone of thai haze today! Looks just like in the books! lol. Well n e wayz. All I was going to offer was mixing a little bit of your rooting gel/ liquid/ powder with some water and feeding your plants with that a little for the first time. I did this with rockwool and I think the little extra rooting compound really helps give clones a boost on developing roots. I had roots in 5 days.

Hi there, I used to clone just like you and at about day14 I woul start seeing roots as well, but not vigarous roots! So after doing some research I saw the DIY for the Bubble cloner by Massproducer inthe DIY section since building this it takes 10 to 12 days before I have good enough roots to plant! Not only that you can see daily the progress of the clones! So if I were you I would make one of those it cost me $30 Canadian to build so its very cheap to build. But everyone has his own preference for cloning this is just the one I found easiest for me! Hope that helps alittle

Phatpharmer:hubba:

ive been a victim of majority opinion on this issue with rooting, and im about to try and explain best i can how to be a little more successful in rooting.

first of, growth tips from lower down the plants are the best and fastest to root.

Other than that, hear is how ive come to understand cloning.

I used to think 100% humidity and temps in the 90's were necessary to promote rooting faster. Well, this is partially true, as increased temps and humidity will encourage rooting, But, and this is a big but, Why would roots need to be grown if the plant is in a 100 percent humid environment? Transpiration slows, therefor the need to use roots to to find water slows. Now, i would say, from my own success, and i was a newb and kinda still am, That if you can control humidity, you want them in a roughly 80% environment, with temps in the upper 70's to lower 80's. This will tell the plant to transpire a bit more, but not too fast because the air is pretty humid. I recently figured out how light, rate of transpiration, Co2 levels, and temps along with a decent nute regimen all come together in perfect harmony with a little homework, I have a friend who grows as well, his plants looked terrible! 2 weeks old and pitiful! Now, ive researched plant problem until my head fell off, and it was nice to walk in, hear what was being done day to day caring for these plants, and diagnosing it with about 3 different problems. I advised a feeding, rec. nute level, ph, and 2 ml of Calmag, and in two days, all new growth is perfect. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, because now i can understand the plant better to suit its needs. Just some of my own philosophy, and it works for me.

I'm throwing my chips in with Phat, out of the different things I've clones with, my most successful and easiest way was use the DIY bubble cloner.
Just ran straight water too.
Just my opinion there...

So my roots are showing, some alot more than others. I will be starting to veg in 4 days. I have to wait cuz i need pots,soil,and nutes. Will this be ok for them? Its going on 3 weeks that these clones have been rooting. I think do to lack of light,that will also be fixed in 4 days.

Laconfidential427 said:
So my roots are showing, some alot more than others. I will be starting to veg in 4 days. I have to wait cuz i need pots,soil,and nutes. Will this be ok for them? Its going on 3 weeks that these clones have been rooting. I think do to lack of light,that will also be fixed in 4 days.

You'll be fine. Some of the clones i've had took 3 weeks to form roots enough to plant anyway. Just depends on your method. It's my opinion that as soon as they show rooting activity, you can put them into their grow mediums. As for the lights....you really dont need THAT much light to clone, as all the energy of the plant is going into creating root structure and not leaf structure. It basically works out like...once you see the plant showing any signs of new leaf growth, it's time to put it into your medium. You generally also don't need to feed it, depending on WHAT medium you are using - so if you're using soil, if it's pre-nuted, dont re-feed, you'll just fry the roots...give it 3 or 4 weeks if that's the case. If it's hydro, then thats a whole 'nother barrel of monkeys. Go to lowes or home depot, and buy yourself some 5 gallon buckets...They'll work great as planters, and you can generally get fox farm or happy frog dirt at most of 'em too..aswell as vermeculite and perlite....good luck

Latest posts

Back